fiduciary

Author Topic: A Hint - Something Completely Different - from Sanjuro Systems  (Read 20690 times)

Offline Sanjuro

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Sanjuro Systems
    • Sanjuro Systems
Hello All,

I am now offering as an exclusive to the FX-Sabers community something that I myself commissioned.

This is completely outside the realm of my Laser Cutting/Engraving products.

And here is a teaser...

......….........

Challenge Medallions they are.

A Video:
jtMHg

And pics...

Here is the design prototype pic as well.

These are 1.5" in diameter and almost 1/4" thick.  Very thick - thicker than most any mediallion you may have ever handled - and all solid metal - and very weighty.

There is edge engraving:
"• UNLEARN WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNED • SKILL • COURAGE • SPIRIT • BODY • INSIGHT •"
Yoda's inspiring lesson to Luke as he trained to be a Jedi.
And the 5 Jedi Trials ("Flesh" and "Body" are interchanged)

And engraving of the Original, Ancient Jedi Code:
"Emotion, yet Peace.
Ignorance, yet Knowledge.
Passion, yet Serenity.
Chaos, yet Harmony.
Death, yet the Force."

The Jedi symbol is on the front.

The challenge medallion has an antique silver finish, which really highlights the engraving and symbols - and gives a slightly weathered appearance.  A sense of ancient wisdom.

These coins are MINTED - not 3D printed.

Only available to FX Sabers' members who have been members for 3 or more months, and have 50 or more posts.

Each will be $15 (+ $2.50 shipping to US, $4 outside US) - and you may only purchase 1 (one of the Jedi, and 1 of the upcoming Sith medallions for a total of 2).

If you wish to acquire the Jedi Medallion:

- Paypal to john@sanjurosystems.com marked as for "GOODS"
- Price is $15 (+ $2.50 shipping in the US or +$4 shipping outside the US)
- Please put your FX-Sabers Alias and shipping address in the Paypal message.  I need your FX-Sabers Alias to confirm that you are a member and have more than 3 months and 50 posts.
- I will ship your Jedi Medallion in 4 days from payment.

Only 70 will be available in this run.

And....  For you Sith out there...  Yes, a Sith Medallion is coming...  Not just yet though - so please be patient with me.

Challenge medallions have a long and honored history in military units - and are held by accepted members with honor and pride.  In gatherings of like minded individuals, the medallion is shown, and demonstrates union and camaraderie.  Military myth says that the Medallion was first used to identify members within special units.  The Medallions were to be carried always, and in a social gathering, when someone did not have their medallion, he would have to buy everyone with their medallion a drink.

Thank you for the excellent interest in my Jedi Medallions.

Please let me clarify some points of this offering:

- The Jedi Medallions are ready to ship NOW
- You may acquire ONE only, and only if you are an FX-Sabers' member with at least 3 months membership and at least 50 posts.
- The reason for only allowing ONE per member is not because of availability.  It is to promote exclusivity to the members only. When you see someone else with this Jedi Medallion, you can be fairly sure that they are or have been a contributing member of the FX-Sabers' forums. This is an excellent community - let us promote this fellowship.
- If someone else who is not a member does want one of these Medallions, please encourage them to become an FX-Sabers' forum member.  After 3 months and 50 posts, they can earn their Jedi Medallion.  Our hobby can only grow and benefit from these new members.
- The Sith Medallions are not yet ready to be released.  They are in the proofing phase - and I will post another thread when they are available.  You should not post your intent to acquire a Sith Medallion in this Jedi Medallion thread.  You will be able to acquire ONE Sith Medallion as well - so as a member, you may have both the Jedi and Sith Medallions.  But only ONE of each.

- Please do not sell your Medallion...  I would be most disappointed to see these on eBay or some other venue.

Thank you again.

Respectfully,
Sanjuro

FAQs

Q: Why didn't you use the most famous quote on the Jedi Medallion, "May The Force Be With You"?
A: I deliberately choose not to for two reasons. One is that I felt that that it should be said as the medallion is passed from person to person.  The second is that I felt that putting that on the medallion seemed to "commercialize" or cheapen it in some way.  "May The Force Be With You" seems to me should be spoken.

Q: How are the medallions made? Are they 3D printed?
A: The medallions not 3D printed; they are MINTED. A solid metal disk is stamped using high pressure with a custom made die. Then the medallion is plated with a metal finish similar to chrome plating, but a different color.

Q: If I loose my medallion, may I acquire another?
A: Don't loose your medallion.

Q: if I miss this run, will you be making more?
A: Hard to see the future is...

« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 01:13:23 PM by Sanjuro »
SANJURO SYSTEMS - Custom Lightsaber Stands, Custom Chassis Disks for Lightsaber builds, and other related items.

My Business - Home

Japan Lightsaber Dueling Guild, Founding Member

Offline Pfockerchief

• Master Force User
  • (Fa-ker-chief)
Re: A Hint - Something Completely Different - from Sanjuro Systems
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 08:42:55 PM »
Yea I like surprises!
Yoda Vintage GFIV, GFV
LDM Obi Bronzium Reveal
LDM MKVI ROTJ PC2 V2 #27
SP/LDM Sid
SJ Obi Romans Reveal
GCS CF6 CEX Asc#14/PC2 Asc AE/Custom Badaxx
OR Adi-Galia CF6
VV Luke Hero/Tempest/Wraths

Offline Goodman

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 08:44:22 PM »
Hmm... kill keys, placards, buttons, carry cases...with your skills, the possibilities are endless!
**I AM RETIRED from saber commission building**

Offline theta03

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 11:15:31 PM »
Hmm, the picture makes me wonder what it could be. I may end up trying to get one in the future.

Offline GreaSyde

• Force User
  • I always wear a lightsaber.
    • ACMEsabers
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 11:49:18 PM »
Coins?
Only two there shall be. A master and an apprentice. One to embody the power and the other to crave it.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 12:00:06 AM »
Hmmm its the first line of the ANCIENT version of the Jedi Code...but what could it be on...hmmmm...
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Goodman

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 12:02:38 AM »
EDIT: You beat me to it, Onli. You're right, it's the original version of the Code. First line is "Emotion, yet Peace".

Let the random, pointless, semi-serious guessing continue:

Keychains
Buttons for sabers
Buttons for sport coats
Personalized Jedi feeding tubes
Pommel inserts
Protosaber buttcap
Saber cases/tubes
Jedi Academy logo'd gaming console accessories
Personalized thick round things
Unicorn saddle rings
Earbuds
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 12:05:18 AM by Goodman »

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 12:43:05 AM »
Looks like one of those "military challenge coins" i've seen floating around on various sites with lots of different faces to them. 

Offline Goodman

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 01:20:46 AM »
What do you think, Erv? I see you reading this and I know you're a puzzle/riddle kind of guy! ;)

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 01:26:56 AM »
lol, I was indeed looking  ;D

I had blade plugs, challenge coins and AV switches insert in mind !

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 08:54:54 AM »
A Jedi challenge-coin would be very cool.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Turgon

• Master Force User
  • Epic Bear sez " Can I haz two?"
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 09:19:14 AM »
My vote is flashlights.  Not high tech ones, just an old 2 D cell with a "conventional" lightbulb.  Or a thermos or pet IDs.

I've broken Juggers in half, smashed their bones, left the ground behind me wet with brains. There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

Offline Gil Gamesh

• Formerly known as Kit Fisto
  • Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 09:51:06 AM »
lol, I was indeed looking  ;D

I had blade plugs, challenge coins and AV switches insert in mind !

I too had blade plug in mind given the shape.  But if you look on the right/backside of it, it almost looks like there's more words or at least some letters, I'm making out what looks like an h and a t.

Support our Font Makers!

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 09:59:38 AM »
That might be a "g" before the "h" and "t"?

"...light..." or "...fight..." perhaps?

Also there is something engraved below the tail of the "y" on the face...the second line of the ancient Code perhaps?

Offline Sanjuro

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Sanjuro Systems
    • Sanjuro Systems
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 04:38:57 PM »
Another Hint:

Rarely shown, and when shared, shared in fellowship and good company.

Respectfully,
Sanjuro
SANJURO SYSTEMS - Custom Lightsaber Stands, Custom Chassis Disks for Lightsaber builds, and other related items.

My Business - Home

Japan Lightsaber Dueling Guild, Founding Member

retrousse