fiduciary

Author Topic: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!  (Read 46139 times)

Offline Orakaa

• Master Force User
  • I'll send you in hades... with a taste of paradise
    • Orakaa - photography and computer graphics
Re: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2009, 03:09:04 AM »
I think we globally share the same opinion on this.
I mean, when we paid for those sabers (Bane, Overlord), it was to get them at one point or another.
2 years is really a long time (regarding the Bane) and I would probably have lost my patience waiting so long for it.

I paid for my Overlord in the last batch last year, and the idea of having to wait for a year or so would be "acceptable", as long as it is for real reasons...
I guess knowing this was all part of an Ultrasabers initiative made me trust that it would eventually arrive at my place no matter what.
Let's wait a little bit more and see how things will turn out...

Orakaa - photographer, photoshop expert and graphic designer

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2009, 06:03:44 AM »
I spoke to him last night on the phone and he sounded a lot better than the last time we spoke . He has a new job. And was calm, clear and relaxed.

He is working on the OL and other projects. He stated some were shipped out.
Whose, I don't know.

I am supposed to be getting 3 to finish and ship out.
Again, whose, I don't know. When I get them I will contact their owners with an ETA. If you PM me or email me with a request to do yours, well, I'll see what I can do. Don't expect a response anytime soon.

DT does not have the Banes. The hilts are still at Ultrasabers.
All the paperwork is at his house though...  :-[   I have no more info on this. I would like to get the orders sorted soon, but IT IS A MESS. the project has been mishandled from the get go.

Ultra is aware of the situation, as I called him this evening. He knows all that I have stated here. And about the postings on the Overlord topic. We discussed some "What if" plans, that may have to be implemented, if DT ...fails.
Ultrasabers will take care of you. We always have, even if you don't get an official announcement out of it.

IMHO, Much of this could have been avoided.
And way to many bumps along the way.
We do the best we can with the crap that is thrown at us.

It's probably due to this type of  situation the Overlords were discontinued, and there may never be a forum exclusive saber again from Ultrasabers. I know for sure, that I will not take on a project of this size.

I would like to point out that the ONLY similarity between this situation and the MachDefects debacle is the Time frame.
Yes, the wait has been long there is NO denying that.
But comparing an official Ultrasabers forum exclusive being built by a Mod/liaison with over 10,000 posts, THAT GOT SICK to a Item that was posted on a blog/thread on rebelscum with no communication for months at a time, is just Wrong. And FRANKLY, PISSES ME OFF.

He has communicated when he could, Darth Real Life does get in the way.

MTFBYA, because it is sure not with me this week.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 07:02:58 AM by JANGO FETT »

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Gmar

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2009, 08:48:39 AM »
Jango, thank you for that update.

I am sorry that you are pissed off here, because I am sure we all appreciate your efforts to remedy this situation.

Everyone can ask themselves hypothetically that if you were the business owner, how many updates and promises are enough to keep people waiting for months to years?  Would you, yourself, have allowed this to happen?

It is because this involves an official Ultrasabers forum exclusive being built by a Mod/liaison with over 10,000 posts, that got sick, that people have been mostly quiet on this.

Bad things unfortunately happen to good people, and there are CERTAINLY circumstances here.  However, it is NOT WRONG for a customer to ask questions and ask for a status update.  Part of the problem, is the number of times we have been told things are done, nearly done or shipped, when they apparently are not.  It leaves us questioning everything.

Whatever contingency plans you have, I hope you start implementing them, transparently, on a time frame.

I still have faith in Ultrasabers, and I think there are good people here (buyers and sellers alike).  Still, I agree with you about Ultrasabers not offering a forum exclusive anymore.  No one should bite off more than they can chew, and we all need to know when we are in over our heads, and when to ask for help.  There must be a plan.

MTFBWY Jango.

Offline Jedi Knight Logan

• MASTER OF THE HURRICANE FLURRY
  • Master Force User
  • "Have lightsaber, will travel....."
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2009, 11:10:55 AM »
Thank you for the update Jango, we do appreciate it.

Gmar set a post that echoes most all of us on the customer end I think.

As for the current Bane situation... hilts in one place, paperwork...in another. This project has failed. If it were me, I would implement any contingency plan possible immediately. Bite the bullet, address damage control, and move on. Most unfortunately, this problem will more than likely result in the loss of some very loyal and long standing customers.

There are A LOT of pissed off people on this matter.

I also agree that attempting to offer a forum exclusive saber should never be done again. I say this with a great deal of sadness.

MTFBWY with you Jango, and with us all.

"A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack..."

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2009, 12:15:45 PM »
Sadness indeed, because I still remember in what for a feasty atmosphere we all were.
It felt like a great happening, and I was so glad to be in the group of 30 lucky ones.
I had a few very happy months here on the forum because of that.

Very sad
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:17:35 PM by Darth Matth »

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2009, 01:03:47 PM »
Don't know what the hiccup was.  When Tyranus and I ran the second release of the Overlords, it went off without a hitch.  *shrug*

A shame that there will be no forum released sabers anymore considering that Ultra touts this as HIS forum place.

Oops...there goes Vader...er Raijlin shooting his opinion off again.   ;)

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2009, 03:51:36 PM »
I have to chime in here as well. I have 2 overlords in the queue, and was really hoping to get them for a 4th of July event. OK, that isn't going to happen. I have been as patient as anyone here, and have been among the first to stand by DT in his defense, and still do, but only to an extent. To use a well known quote, I have a bad feeling about this. I, too have had heard many things about shipping dates, semi-conflicting excuses, and unfulfilled promises. I, to have asked for both of my Overlords to be sent to me without the US 2.1 installed, so I can do it myself. That request was an attempt to help get a couple off his plate, as much as it was to just have the sabers in hand. I have given him UPS shipping account numbers, so he could ship the parts at no cost. I've done everything but bring a box to his house, pack them up, and call UPS myself. I've been told they'd be sent. Still nothing.

I understand the health issues. I understand there were delays. I understand the boards took a while to get sent in and then sent back for installation. I understand the DT needs to recover. I don't see any of that as excuses, but as facts to consider. There are two major factors here:

1- I think DT just got in way too deep. Too much to do, and not enough time to do it. He does have a life, and to expect him to spend every waking hour working on sabers is ridiculous. Then he had the medical issues, and things went from bad to worse.

2 - Ultrasabers didn't step in and get it fixed. this has dragged on for this long because no one in charge said "Hmm, something's wrong, let's fix it" To wait for over a year to think of a contingency plan is not just bad business, it shows a lack of concern for the customer. Something I never figured to see coming from the people we're discussing now.

When it comes down to it, we're talking about business. Me building sabers at home, that's a hobby. Someone paying me to build them one, that's a business. Whether the business is making Pet Rocks or Plasma TVs, you still need to run it with concern for the customer. If you can't meet a timeframe, don't say you can. If one of your contractors isn't doing their job, get a new one. I, too was really excited about the progress in the community here. It felt like we were moving into a time when you could not only get sabers from someone other than Lucas, but could get an endless variety of them, in higher quality, from people you trust. I think a lot of that trust is crumbling now, and it's a sad thing. People are pulling out of the ORA forums like rats when a ship is sinking to avoid being tarnished by what's happening.

This needs to get fixed. For Ultrasabers, I say this needs to be the number one priority. It needs to be fixed, and those of us still waiting need to get CONSTANT and HONEST updates about timeframes, and where our sabers are. This sitting in the dark is going to hurt the trust factor even more. This many people, waiting for product they've paid for, being deceived (intentionally or not) about where things are and what is happening, leads down a dark path. And often to Class Action Suits.

What's happening is a shame. What happens to fix the situation is going to be what makes or breaks to future of the business, and how comfortable people are with purchasing future offerings. I'm hoping for the best, but so far...
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline morrisart85

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2009, 04:37:13 PM »
Ultra needs to step in now, and speak up. None of this speaking to his liason. Jango can't be expected to take care of this for him. Ultra has no problem with speaking up when he has a new product to make money with. How bout this time we get a word on how he's going to help the people who spent the money. I want it from HIM. Not someone else.

Jango - I know you've done more than your bid. This doesn't by any means imply that I don't trust you, or that You're not the right guy to hear it from. Your graciousness in all matters concerning Ultra have been exceptional, but this isn't your situation to handle. This falls on the shoulders of ULTRASABERS LLC. Not Roysblues/Jango Fett. I appreciate your time invested in this. I'm happy that you have brought forth at least SOME communication. But, Oz needs to come from behind the curtain and speak for himself. Not by proxy. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 04:55:29 PM by morrisart85 »

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2009, 02:22:25 AM »
Is Ultra knowing about this topic?
I did send him my post from here.
To make sure he's enable's this one, I shall send him a link of this topic as well.

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2009, 03:18:28 AM »

Ultra is aware of the situation, as I called him this evening. He knows all that I have stated here. And about the postings on the Overlord topic. We discussed some "What if" plans, that may have to be implemented, if DT ...fails.
Ultrasabers will take care of you. We always have, even if you don't get an official announcement out of it.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Lee-Ahm Jinn

• Experienced Force User
  • Ultra Liam
    • Stillman Blades
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2009, 10:40:05 AM »
Firstly, I must say that I feel sorry for the extremely long wait for these sabers. I do not want to make little of that wait. And I feel for Derek, nobody would choose to be in the position that he finds himself in today, any portion or facet of that position.

I have come onboard at the tail of this, and it has been like watching a fallen skier tumble down a slope. You hope that he can right himself, but you are powerless to help him.

I have offered (and still do) to have Derek just send me everything in a box(s) and that I would find some way to suss it all out. (Derek lives in Indiana and we are in Arizona)
 I am sure that it would be a huge burden lifted from him.

Ultra has been in contact with Derek, and has been assured that a plan was implemented to get these done and out. We all understand that this will take time. Ultra is showing great faith in Derek to complete the task.

Bear in mind that Derek is/was a liaison on the forums, not an Ultrasabers employee. He was an established sabersmith who offered to build these sabers for us all. In sending the sabers to Derek, they were sent to Outer Rim Armory, not to Ultrasabers.
The sad truth is that we have zero control of O.U.R., or what they do.

This situation is just one of the reasons that I started the Singles Sale section, all of those sabers are ready now, no year long wait.

I understand that sometimes there are sabers that could be made, but the finances are not available to develop it. Those funds are derived from preorders. Then if anything goes pear shaped, it can become an epic problem. That is the risk involved to have a saber that would never have been available otherwise.
We are currently in the middle of the forest, albeit a very epically deep forest. We will emerge on the other side. Then this all will simply be a lesson learned for the next saber.   

We really have come a long way from spray painting an old broom handle ( like I did as a teen in the ‘70s) to where we can make sabers that not only are on the level of the ones in the movies, but sometimes are superior to them.

S.I.Y.
Be seeing you.
Liam

Free Agent
Darth Maul is a cut-up. I get the point.

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2009, 12:04:19 PM »
No offense Liam, but throwiing Derek under the bus by saying that he isn't an Ultrasabers employee is just plain wrong.

Please, don't try to offend the intellect of some of the people on this forum by stating things that are not true.  He may not have been working IN Arizona, but he was just as much under the employ as any of your other sabersmiths there.

I'm not making excuses for my friend, as he will answer for what is accountable on HIS shoulders.

However, I wouldn't want to see your company trying to deflect this whole debacle on him when in reality at any time Alex and company could have stepped in and did some triage.

Also, in regards to the Bane situation, I am well aware of that whole fiasco as I was informed of much of it, and the fact that Derek was trying to fix that whole FUBAR SITUATION that Ultrasabers and DarkSide Customs had found themselves in.  The fact that the paperwork is in his hands while the hardware is at another place doesn't surprise me.

Especially considering that Derek was trying to get a TRUE ACCOUNT of who was on the Bane list because of the piss-poor accountability in paperwork that was done before.

Like I said...I'm not excusing my friend....but the PARENT COMPANY, whether it is a direct employee in Arizona or a subcontractor in Indiana, IS HELD ACCOUNTABLE for their products. 

I find part of that last post totally abhoring in the attempts to deflect blame from Ultrasabers LLC.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 12:06:20 PM by Darth Raijlin »

Offline Lee-Ahm Jinn

• Experienced Force User
  • Ultra Liam
    • Stillman Blades
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2009, 12:21:57 PM »
Darth Raijlin - and everyone else,
Please do not misunderstand my statements. They are to clarify for the people who do not understand that Derek is not here in AZ, and we cannot physically check on their orders, nor pull the parts and just send them to the customer.
I am constantly getting requests for information that only Derek could provide. They must understand that we have no control over Derek, that he has decided to finish the sabers by himself, therefore we must wait till he can do so.
Derek is not an employee, he is a colleague and  a business owner. He is much more than an empolyee.
Anyone who has dealt with Alex knows that he makes thing right. He feels horrible that the wait has been so long, and has been assured by Derek that all will be handled now.
Again, my request still stands that Derek send me anything and we sort it out here. I know that he has more than enough to deal with now. If he refuses help, what can we do?
Liam
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 01:21:25 PM by Lee-Ahm Jinn »
Free Agent
Darth Maul is a cut-up. I get the point.

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2009, 01:06:41 PM »
Derek, I say this not only as a customer who's waiting on two Overlords (along with a few other items), but also as a person who's stunned to see things unfolding in such a manner.  For the sake of yourself and everyone waiting on various items, there must be some kind of expeditious change. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 07:18:42 PM by OBI-WAN KENOBI »

Offline GMLumpy

• Master Pastor
  • Experienced Force User
  • Christian Jedi
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2009, 07:03:16 PM »
ok officially I am not waiting on an Overlord but I am waiting on a few things from Derek, so I feel like I can comment here. 

1st Derek has had a great reputation with pretty much everyone on these forums. the fact that something this bad has happened is a sign that something is seriously wrong! (meaning with him).  I don't know the details of his health stuff but from what I am hearing he has had a long string of really really bad luck...

but I think through all of this he knew he had friends here, and I hope that helped him get through it.... but then all of this happens and you guys are so fast to turn on him... it saddens me deeply. guys I understand you are angry, but wait until you know what is going on 1st... he had some major health issues and then got robbed and a few other things earlier and he wasn't around then. if he is MIA again I THINK something is wrong again! I am shocked you guys jumped right to he is scamming us.  it breaks my heart to hear (read) you guys say such things.  I for one am praying hard for him and family, and I hope everything is ok...

it also saddens me to hear that Ultra will never do a forums exclusive run again... I was looking forward to another one since I missed this one... oh well maybe he will change his mind.

you may now start yelling at me if you so desire...
May the Lord of the force be with you.

Being a Game Master means all your rolls are natural 20's

retrousse