fiduciary

Author Topic: Overlord Run 3: A History lesson & FX staff involvement  (Read 16438 times)

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
Re: Overlord Run 3: A History lesson & FX staff involvement
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 01:37:51 PM »
I know nothing about the past overlord runs except from what I have read from members on this, and Ultra's Forum...

However, I find it interesting that Ultra has responded venomously and sarcastically in every response... and the "elitists/Nazis" have been most civil and reserved in their posts regarding this topic...

Something to think about...

Yeah, or, maybe you could think about this:

The FX-Sabers staff created this thread in the best interests of the community?  How so?  This drama isn't on my forum, it's on YOURS.

If either one of these people had truly been concerned/hurt/whatever - they both have my number, both have my email, both could have solved this amicably by simply contacting me, and this would have taken place professionally behind the scenes - just like Yoda and I do all the time.  

No, they chose the public route instead.  Do you think Tim would ever come on my forum and start arguing with one of my customers?  Have I ever gone into another manufacturer's forum and started arguing with them and their patrons?  Absolutely not.

Demonize me all you want, but I'm not the one who brought this bag of dog poop into your living room.

When I originally read this thread, I saw it as an informative post. Letting many of us who are ignorant know exactly the history and relationships between this run of  sabers. I did not see any fault of yours in the thread, as it was stated you were most probably ignorant in the proceedings. I did not see in any way drama, personal attacks, or unfairness.

Rather, I saw clarification of the past runs and a blessing on the V4 run of the Overlord.

You are correct, many things  the go on should happen behind the scenes. Consumers do not need to know every little political detail that goes into a business. I think also though, the customer should be aware of some things that pertain to risk. It is my understanding with the last run not every customer received a saber. Regardless of who is to blame, they should be aware of that, and take that past history into consideration.

I cannot speak for Tim, nor is he part of this discussion. I am not part of a saber business, so I do not have the authority or experience to effectively answer this question.

I do not attempt to demonize anyone, nor make anyone seem better than they are. I take facts, feedback, and people's words, and make an observation based on those criteria. I did not say you were wrong, merely noting your responses were not kind and emotionally packed. I also noted the others were not. That's all.

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline Ultra

• Master Force User
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 01:39:13 PM »
If attacking my integrity and honesty is the way you wanna go. We can take this further.

Why dance around this, Josh, just by creating this thread you made your intentions pretty clear.  You fired the first shot across the bow and when given every the chance to let it die, you "unjacked" it to get right back to the drama at hand.  

You want to go to war; you saw a good excuse to get into the limelight again and you took it.  Perhaps before you commit Mike's site to this war, you should consult with him first?  Hard to do since he's out of town, but that would be the proper thing before turning something that doesn't belong to you into your own little battlefield of righteous indignation.

No I think it's better that the post of Darth Wraths is out there for all to see what you find as acceptable on your site...  I think your post after should be documented as well... You only took those posts down today not because you wanted to show your understanding for how someone could be offended... but because you finely saw how ugly those words are and you wanted to hide them...

LOL, you actually think I would remove those posts for fear of public opinion?  You obviously don't know a thing about me or my forum posting history, bub.  Did you get into this hobby yesterday?  Those posts were up for a MONTH, and I only took them down because of Josh and Deanna.  That's all I cared about.  It bugged them,quite a bit apparently, so I took them down.  But hey, if you want those posts to be out there for all to see, Deanna and Josh should encourage me to reinstate them, right?

Come on, how disingenuous do you think they are?  They would never tell me it's ok to reinstate the posts when they were so adamant that the proper thing to do would be to remove them.  Doing so would sound almost political...

Offline Nightwing

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 01:47:11 PM »
Honestly, I hate this thread. 
I saw some of the original problem unfold, or maybe it was just residual, im not sure, but I thought it was over.  Any way, I hate how permeant members of this hobby have turned from people helping each other (anyone else remember the donation saber??) to attacking each other.
I understand that the original purpose was to set the record straight, but why not leave it at that?  I love and visit both forums frequently, and have no negative feelings towards either side, but everyone who is hurling an insult is at fault right now. 

Please, for the love of the force and the hobby, just stop.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 01:48:27 PM »
I was done after this post.
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=31241.msg423589#msg423589

Your post attacked my motives for doing this, which I stated earlier in the thread.
I have not called you any names or maligned your forum in any post.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2011, 01:48:45 PM »
@ Ultra

I have stayed out of this thread so please stop dragging me back into this.  I told you privately why I posted on your forum.  I appreciate you removing Darth Wraith's post and your post trashing the staff here.  Thank you for doing that.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 01:58:46 PM by LUMINARA UNDULI »

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Ultra

• Master Force User
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 01:53:24 PM »
Alright, that's enough beef for one day.  The offending posts are gone, so that should be the end of it.  Peace.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 02:19:26 PM »
The FX-Sabers staff created this thread in the best interests of the community?  How so?  This drama isn't on my forum, it's on YOURS.

If either one of these people had truly been concerned/hurt/whatever - they both have my number, both have my email, both could have solved this amicably by simply contacting me, and this would have taken place professionally behind the scenes - just like Yoda and I do all the time.  

Actually the drama started on your forum.  Allaera posted some facts since the post of wraith was attacking our site and the facts weren't close to true.  We all know that your forum will be white washed. Sure we have some drama but we don't delete threads that are negative to our site or products.  Case in point. Allaeras post.

Jango didnt fire the first shot across your bow.  That was done by you that also prompted wraiths post.  You even admitted that you " opened up the can of worms so wraiths post could stay".  You admitted on your own forum that you shot first.  BTW I still think Han should have shot first. Don't blame it on jango especially when you already admitted fault.

If wraiths post was up that long than that should be a pretty good indication that none of the mods here are registered there. If we were this would have come out minutes or hours after the post.

Everything jango said about me was true.  I offered to fly from CT on IN on my time and money to box everything up take it to my house and ship it to the appropriate party.  I offered twice. I was also the last one to speak with Derek. He called me out of the blue when artvic sent him money for shipping again that was stolen.  Dt said I was one of the only ones he trusted and wanted me to help him get everything out. After two long winded phone cons in one week he once again disappeared never to be heard from again.  

This is actually a pretty tame thread compared to some we've had.  No one has sworn at me yet.  Should we add politics and religion to really get it going?

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 05:52:33 PM by LUKE SKYWALKER »

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 02:34:01 PM »
Uh, Luke, The dude said he was finished...

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2011, 02:36:14 PM »
I think this has run it's course.

Locked.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

retrousse