fiduciary

Author Topic: Upcoming Lightsaber Forms of Combat...  (Read 2301 times)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
Upcoming Lightsaber Forms of Combat...
« on: February 05, 2015, 10:38:06 PM »
I am working on developing my next two forms, and I plan on taking my time to really make these stand out.

SORESU
: For years I taught the version that I learned from the NY Jedi, and although it's a good form, it's time to update and re-do several parts to make it more modern. The old form is close to 10 years old, so now it's all about using some similar elements of it and making it more dynamic as well as user friendly.

JAR-KAI.: It seems that every Jar-Kai "form" posted is merely fance spins. I guess that's cool, but one can only see so many spins before they all look the same.  I promise this form is going to be combative, as well as dynamic. No excessive spinning is planned. None is needed for combat, you know.

Stay tuned, peeps.

Offline keledi

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Upcoming Lightsaber Forms of Combat...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 10:25:14 AM »
Can't wait for your Jar-kai to come out!

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 04:52:16 PM »
I don't see a lot of excitement on these forms announcements, so I'll do these when I get around to them. :)

It's not 2009 anymore, lol.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 01:39:37 AM »
Well whether there is excitement shown on the forums or not it is certainly appreciated by some of us but yes please do take your time; we know it will be worth the wait whenever it is ready.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Nero Attoru

• Master Force User
  • Suns of the Force
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 07:22:20 AM »
Saber combat seems to be in a lull lately, but there are some of us interested for sure.  We have a few Soresu versions at TPLA, but we love seeing outside perspectives bring new content to life... so we're all eager to see these develop!

Offline Darth Cephalus

• Force User
  • Many tentacles the dark side has
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 01:10:28 PM »
I have also noticed the lull across boards. As summer gets into full swing, I think we will see some folks getting back out there with their sabers and looking for good material to stimulate their creativity. I know I have shared a couple of your videos around in preparation and am keen to see what you come up with next.

Offline Cavjo

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 03:26:55 PM »
Hello , i am new here and i am really interested in lightsaber forms of combat , i would really love if some one can help me out finding a good source of information or instructional videos, and i really hope to see more information in the future thanks!!!

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 09:09:29 PM »
Hmmm, I may pick up a couple sabers next month and get into Jar Kai.... 8)

retrousse