fiduciary

Author Topic: ...I guess that if real lightsabers exists...  (Read 5047 times)

Offline Louis

• Master Force User
  • Hello from France;)
    • Here is my website, based on my comic book.
...I guess that if real lightsabers exists...
« on: April 20, 2006, 07:17:39 AM »
...real Jedis will be armless and legless!!! If they're not dead!;)

Since I've started training myself with my fx, I've putted my hand on the blade a thousand time, touched my legs à million time , and I don't talk about my back and arms when I make a backspin!
I cutted my head a couple of time too...aouch!

So, I think that a lot of youngling died training themselves! That's a dark side of the academy that nobody talk about!;) ha ha ha.

Well, the only reason I see for the jedi aren't wearing more mechanic members is because of the instinct that the force give 'em!!!

To conclude, I don't feel any force at all! I lost all of my members training myself.. What a Jedi ! ha ha ha

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
Re: ...I guess that if real lightsabers exists...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 07:28:36 AM »
I've whacked myself a few times too.  :D

I have always wondered about combat training of the Jedi. I reckon they did what I do, and practice with a broomhandle.
It hurts but you don't lose any limbs, lol.  ;)

Lightsabers would surely be far too dangerous to spar with. But as you say, perhaps Jedi reflexes are quick enough to avoid the same kind of mistakes that we are making.

Offline Jin Ke

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 08:38:05 AM »
I always thought that Jedis could tone down the power of their sabers for sparring.  This way it would only produce a shock effect, or whatnot.  I was under they the impression that they did this for the younglings.

Offline Louis

• Master Force User
  • Hello from France;)
    • Here is my website, based on my comic book.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 08:45:37 AM »
Hey! Why not! That's a really cool idea!
In fact, it could be some sort of light lightsaber;)
The weapon that the guardsmens of grievous use in the beginning of ep3 is only a "shoking" one. Not a lightsaber, so, the same technologie could be used;)

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 08:48:04 AM »
Yeah that would explain it.
Never thought of just turning the power down.  ;)

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 10:06:40 AM »
ha ha that is very true, had i been using a real saber there would be many cuts and holes in my room, i would have but 1 limb left.

but ya i think you guys are right, because i did read the reason only jedi use lightsabers is because theyre so dangerous, and onlly someone with jedi skills and reflexes can safely wield one, PLUS now think of this with me, the blades we use are so much easier because our blades have weight to him, imagine a real saber would have no weight to balance the blade to the hilt. it would be like trying to spin a flashlight,

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 10:19:13 AM »
Yes, I've thought of that.
It would be very difficult, if not impossible to spin something with no mass.  ???
But I remember an interview with Mark Hamill(I think it's on the SE bonus disc) where he said that Lucas originally directed the actors to wield the sabers as if they were really heavy, heavier even than a normal steel sword.
This was supposed to be because of the enormous energy flowing through the blade, and energy=mass, right?
Well, I'm not so sure it would work like this in our galaxy, but apparently that's what Lucas asked for.
So perhaps the blades do have mass. That would be the simplest explanation.  :)

At least it partially explains why the OT duels are so slow. Lucas wanted them that way. I think he changed his mind later. ::)

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 10:27:23 AM »
wow that is interesting, i have pondered that myself, maybe that huge mass of energy would have some weight to it. and when you watch them ignite their some sabers sometimes you can see a bit of recoil just like when you shoot a gun so maybe there is some mass to it, hmmm this is very interesting

Offline Darth Torog

• No Force
  • The conflict grows within
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 12:49:00 AM »
When the training is done Jedi, I'll be waiting.
My trophies from the fallen

Offline Jubu Buchan

• No Force
  • Only a Sith deals in absolutes.....
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 06:41:48 AM »
Hey! Why not! That's a really cool idea!
In fact, it could be some sort of light lightsaber;)
The weapon that the guardsmens of grievous use in the beginning of ep3 is only a "shoking" one. Not a lightsaber, so, the same technologie could be used;)

Yeah, you know that little round knob at the bottom? I always thought that would be some kind of power adjustment.

like when Qui-gon cuts the hole in the door in ep 1,  does he increase the power??

Offline jedi.the0ry

• Force User
  • Saber Master
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 07:58:16 PM »
It doesn't show it, but yeah, there were these adjustments. You know the knob on top of the Anakin? Yeah, that's for intensity. Younglings sabers were locked in very low intensity, I read somewhere in Ep. 3 that the Masters unlocked them so they could defend themselves (all EU stuff though.) The most prominant "adjuster" was Exar Kun original double-bladed bad-xxx. When he turned, he kept his saber blue, and even made a twin half, again blue. He added length and intensity knobs and would play with the minds of his opponants to get the upperhand because he found it more fun.

Offline Darth Pantsless

• Master Force User
  • He's a scoundrel, you'd like him
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 10:22:37 PM »
Yes, I've thought of that.
It would be very difficult, if not impossible to spin something with no mass.  ???
But I remember an interview with Mark Hamill(I think it's on the SE bonus disc) where he said that Lucas originally directed the actors to wield the sabers as if they were really heavy, heavier even than a normal steel sword.
This was supposed to be because of the enormous energy flowing through the blade, and energy=mass, right?
Well, I'm not so sure it would work like this in our galaxy, but apparently that's what Lucas asked for.
So perhaps the blades do have mass. That would be the simplest explanation.  :)

At least it partially explains why the OT duels are so slow. Lucas wanted them that way. I think he changed his mind later. ::)

I think they were slow because the rotoscopers couldn't keep up if they went any quicker!

On wookipeidia it states that the younglings used powered down versions that gave a shock or a slight burn. I reckon you would get pretty good at not hitting yourself after that

Offline registrau

• Experienced Force User
  • ...in a galaxy far, far away
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006, 05:10:43 AM »
A real jedi would never hurt himself with a saber, because they are in control, using the force, even when they are padawans!

That's why no other than jedi can use sabers as weapons.

Offline DarthArn

• Master Force User
  • They'll do their job. I guarantee that...
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006, 06:25:54 AM »
except for Grievous. ;D

- Custom Saber Shop Luxeon
-UltraFX Luxeon

Offline registrau

• Experienced Force User
  • ...in a galaxy far, far away
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 08:26:54 AM »
Well I guess I understand Grievous as some kind of sith, because after all he is not 100% robot, he has some organic stuff inside (his chest, his eyes), he is a bit like Darth vader but even more metallic =)

He is trained By Dooku, and he sure can use the force to some extent.

What do you guys think?

retrousse