fiduciary

Author Topic: Got a Question about how the forums work? Read this!  (Read 14380 times)

Offline PADME AMIDALA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Got a Question about how the forums work? Read this!
« on: May 05, 2006, 12:16:09 PM »
1. Can I change my username?

No, you can not change your username yourself, but send a PM to Yoda HAN SOLOLUKE SKYWALKER, LUMINARA UNDULI, JANGO FETT or OBI-WAN KENOBI and one of them will change it for you.

2. How do I set an avatar?

You can pick one of the avatars from the list, or if you want to use one of your own, do as follws:

First Step: Make sure it is uploaded to a photo sharing site,  many people use  Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing, but other sites will work as well. Once it is uploaded to the photo sharing site, look for the small box in the bottom left hand corner, under "SHARE THIS IMAGE." Click the URL to the right of, "DIRECT LINK". It will automatically copy it for you.
Picture:

Second Step: Log into the forum. Now click the "PROFILE" tab on the top bar (The bar goes HOME - HELP - SEARCH - PROFILE - LOG OUT).

Third Step: Click the "FORUM PROFILE INFORMATION." Tab on the left hand side.
Picture:

Fourth Step: For your avatar, Click the small circle by "I have my own pic" and copy the URL into the blank provided.

Now click the button "CHANGE PROFILE" at the end and it should be fine! Please remember the rules for an acceptable avatar:

- 80 x 80 Pixels

3. How do I put up a signature?
For the Signature, scroll down to the bottom of your profile. You'll see a box next to "SIGNATURE". Now is where you have to use the Image HTML codes. Copy and paste the IMG tag seen in the above image,  where it says "IMG code" and paste it into the signature field.

Now click the button "CHANGE PROFILE" at the end and it should be fine! Please remember the rules for an acceptable signature:
- 300 x 150 Pixels excluding saber tags.
Animated signatures are reserved for Moderators and Guild members.

Want a custom signature file,  but don't know how to make one?  Never fear,  we've got you covered:
Official FX-Saber sig request thread
Be sure to read the rules in the first post,  though! ;)

Want to show what sabers you have?
Use the official FX saber tags!
Official Saber Tags

4. How do I post pictures?
You have to upload the picture with Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing or ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs, copy and paste the [IMG] code into your reply field when posting a reply.

Want to make those pictures "clickable" for a larger image?  See this topic:
How to make your Pictures clickable.

5. Levels and post counts.
As your post count goes up, your level changes, these are the levels:

0-50: No Force
50-100: Padawan Learner
100-300: Force User
300-500: Experienced Force User
500+ : Master Force User.

But remember, the number of posts you have doesn't matter.

6. How do I become a moderator?

When the council sees the need for new moderators, the existing mods and admins will
agree on who is to be upgraded.
There is no need to ask to become a moderator, this will not help you become one.

Still have questions?
PM me or one of the other moderators, we'll be more than happy
to help you out.

*UPDATED*

As Forum Arbiter involved in Maintenance and Regulations, you can PM me. Padme has not been on for a while and her PMs may not be answered. Thank you. - HAN SOLO.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:27:39 PM by QUI-GON JINN »

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
Re: Got a question about how the forums work? Read This!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 10:51:35 PM »
This has been updated,  and should be read by any and all new members.  Thanks to forum member Master Durangus for the updated instructions for setting an avatar and signature.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 02:52:15 PM by QUI-GON JINN »

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
Re: Got a Question about how the forums work? Read this!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 12:25:45 PM »
BUMP!  New members might want to read this over,  as it is still relevant information.  ;)

Offline DARTH VADER

• SMF tech support
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Turtle Shell Productions
Re: Got a Question about how the forums work? Read this!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 06:26:12 AM »
I will note that this information and more about how the site is run can be found in the Site FAQ

retrousse