fiduciary

Author Topic: vaders back for rogue one  (Read 3607 times)

Offline biggrim95

• No Force
  • a weapon for a more civilized age
vaders back for rogue one
« on: February 03, 2016, 03:26:27 PM »
So supposedly vaders gonna be in rogue one an not like we seen him as but a more ruthless version with supposed decapitation,limbs being chopped off by lightsaber throws,an Vader force choking people for human shields.so if this is true who's ready to see a truly crazy Vader :)

Offline brthegreat117

• Master Force User
Re: vaders back for rogue one
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 03:43:34 PM »
I'm ready to see that Vader. Tired of him being marketed as a weakling that kids can dress up as. Vader was always a slaughtering rebel beast.

Offline highflyer

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 03:50:06 PM »
I very much doubt that disney of all people would make Vader more gritty. At this point everything is just completely baseless speculation anyway, but I would be quite surprise if we saw anything more violent than Episode 3 (which was already pretty graphic with its violence compared to the others)

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 03:57:24 PM »
Me, for one. In the OT we only saw him fight a crazy old wizard whose lightsaber barely worked and his own son against whom he was probably at least to some degree holding back...we never really saw him go full out combatively. That's why I loved the opening scene of TFU where Vader kicked Wookie all over Kashykk and I'd hope for a similarly awesome-awfulness fighting-Vader in any future movie featuring him.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline SharkyMcShark

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 05:23:16 PM »
I always sort of wished we'd seen that side of Vader during the storming of the Tantive and Echo Base.

Offline Mr.Sir

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 01:06:50 AM »
I very much doubt that disney of all people would make Vader more gritty. At this point everything is just completely baseless speculation anyway, but I would be quite surprise if we saw anything more violent than Episode 3 (which was already pretty graphic with its violence compared to the others)
Me, for one. In the OT we only saw him fight a crazy old wizard whose lightsaber barely worked and his own son against whom he was probably at least to some degree holding back...we never really saw him go full out combatively. That's why I loved the opening scene of TFU where Vader kicked Wookie all over Kashykk and I'd hope for a similarly awesome-awfulness fighting-Vader in any future movie featuring him.

I think TFA was pretty violent.. I think Vader, if he is in it will be more ruthless than ever before. The Tv show Rebels is where he may not be so violent but the movies is a different story. (rebels is aimed at kids and the movies i think more is for everyone.. in their intensions at least. Personally as long as its Starwars its for everyone lol.. Yes lego Starwars included... Which I am extremely excited for..

Offline Drewbacca

• Padawan Learner
  • Fly Casual
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 05:08:09 PM »
I'm ready to tune in to watch this series. It should be lots of fun and different... Just like seeing this side of Vader if that's true.
Fly Casual.

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 10:11:48 AM »
I'm excited for Rogue One and equally excited to see Vader in his prime.  I have a feeling that Disney will be very careful to build the character up so that audiences will understand why he was the most feared man in the galaxy.  With Kylo Ren idolizing him, I'm sure Vader will be prominent too so they can reinforce how long a shadow Vader cast in a galaxy far far away.  Plus they can plaster Vader all over merchandise again which is a sure bet to making bank.

Offline brthegreat117

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 10:19:12 AM »
The only reason I'm excited for Rogue One is because of Vader and Boba Fett. I could care less about the team that wants to steal the Death Star plans. Like honestly, we know they succeed. I just want to see Vader kill xxx and Boba say awesome one liners. 
I don't think Disney will intervene to much. They haven't intervened with Thanos. Lots of people died in the Age of Ultron.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 12:03:56 AM »
I think Disney can keep things less violent for the kiddies in Rebels, and somewhat so in the main Sequel Trilogy films to make them more 'family-friendly' but also go 'darker' in the side-quel SW movies; look how they made the Daredevil and Jessica Jones shows 'grittier' compared to the main Marvel movies. Not saying that a Mace Windu movie [yes PLEASE] would necessarily have to include Samuel L Jackson's favourite word LOL but the side-quel movies could be targeted to more 'adult' audiences and I kinda hope they are to make up for TFA.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline brthegreat117

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 01:34:17 PM »
I think Disney can keep things less violent for the kiddies in Rebels, and somewhat so in the main Sequel Trilogy films to make them more 'family-friendly' but also go 'darker' in the side-quel SW movies; look how they made the Daredevil and Jessica Jones shows 'grittier' compared to the main Marvel movies. Not saying that a Mace Windu movie [yes PLEASE] would necessarily have to include Samuel L Jackson's favourite word LOL but the side-quel movies could be targeted to more 'adult' audiences and I kinda hope they are to make up for TFA.

True. Disney just gets the royalties. They own Marvel, but they really don't care what they do as long as they get money and target a wide audience. Yet they have the nerve to hike Disneyland prices every year.
Dardevil was okay on the spectrum, but man Jessica Jones outdid it. So violent and lots of sex. Good thing its not marketed for kids. Some characters deserve the rating. Deadpool is a prime example, but lets thank Fox for that since Marvel doesn't own Deadpool.
An Unchained Mace Windu movie would be great. His favorite catchphrase in every scene. You got to have John Travolta follow him around as well.
Like I said all I care about os Darth Vader killing people in Rogue One. I could care less about the actual plot, because we know the ending.
Hopefully the Han-Solo Anthology is a bit darker and touches on what makes Han the person he is.
I heard Disney was in talks with Ewan McGregor for a solo Obi-Wan movie, which would be the best thing ever.

Offline Psab Keel

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 09:34:04 PM »
I'm fine with upbeat lighthearted Star Wars or dark and gritty Star Wars as long as they involve characters I like and stories that are interesting / entertaining.

Offline erlomd

• Experienced Force User
  • "Fog Machines & Lightsaber Reys"
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 03:00:28 PM »
vader using bodies as a shield with the force on one side and throwing his saber to slice through a crowd on the other! all while walking at a steady pace towards whatever poor soul is in his way is something I would like to see!

retrousse