fiduciary

Author Topic: Jenzo's MR Obi "conversion" SAVED by LDM, Nova and Caine.  (Read 2074 times)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
Jenzo's MR Obi "conversion" SAVED by LDM, Nova and Caine.
« on: March 16, 2010, 09:51:32 PM »
MODS, PLEASE NOTE THAT GENERAL GRIEVOUS GAVE ME PERMISSION TO POST THIS HERE

Not a black mat time, but....

This is an MR Obi-Wan that was "converted" for my good friend Jenzo of the SoCal Saber Guild. The person who did this had no idea what the heck they were doing and it showed. When Jenzo showed this to me, I told her that I would take it to LDM's and promptly get if fixed. The optics had fallen out of place, the blade holder was loose and there was no sound at all. (as there had been BEFORE the conversion)

Upon arriving at LDM's , him Nova and myself took it apart to see awful wiring for the most part, improper installation of the blade holder and heatsink and a dead MR speaker. LDM re-converted it the right way in 10 minutes, and when I got home the following day, I installed a TCSS speaker....and this thing is now SOLID and LOUD!

But this post is more about a saved saber conversion....it's about proper saber etiquette.

If you are going to do a conversion for someone, it's YOUR responsibility to give it back to them converted right. If you mess it up, OK but GET IT FIXED. I would rather have a working stock MR over a jacked up conversion any day. This is Jenzo's favorite saber. Why on earth would someone use it as a guinea pig and give it back in such a condition?

Here is the vid.

Tell me your thoughts, guys. Thanks

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
Re: Jenzo's MR Obi "conversion" SAVED by LDM, Nova and Caine.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 10:31:36 PM »
Well,  my initial thought is that you get what you pay for.  However,  I also agree that it shouldn't have been returned to her in the condition it was,  and that you should NEVER practice on someone else's sabers.  Ruin your own first,  like I did.   ;)

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 10:41:12 PM »
Well,  my initial thought is that you get what you pay for.  However,  I also agree that it shouldn't have been returned to her in the condition it was,  and that you should NEVER practice on someone else's sabers.  Ruin your own first,  like I did.   ;)

Exactly. I was glad we were able to save her favorite saber....I think this may have been worse than a DarthVader USA conversion, LOL.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 10:19:41 PM »
GAWD, how on Earth did I miss this (in my own section no less)  Yeah, that thing was a mess.

Offline Caine

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 10:44:05 PM »
GAWD, how on Earth did I miss this (in my own section no less)  Yeah, that thing was a mess.

Because it was such a mess that you made it a repressed memory.  ;)

retrousse