fiduciary

Author Topic: Wiring Schematic for Neopixel Blades Using Different Connectors  (Read 4724 times)

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
Wiring Schematic for Neopixel Blades Using Different Connectors
« on: December 06, 2017, 07:05:10 AM »
I'm putting together a schematic for the various Neopixel blade connectors that are available. I will add to this sheet. For now I've just got the plug featured that I've been using, but now that the Neopixel connectors are now available at The Custom Saber Shop, I'll be doing a diagram on that, too.

In time we can add the slender 3.5mm jacks for thin neck sabers and the 2.1 power plug for thin neck builds as well.

DIN_Diagrams by Anthony LaGaipa, on Flickr

These will basically be drawings of how I do it, but if we can get most of the community on 'the same page' with regards to the plugs for pixel blades, then blades and hilts made from different makes would be able to work together.

Let me know your ideas. I hope this helps some of you building your pixel blades. You can build your pixel blade the same way whether you are using the DIYino, a Plecter board, or an NEC board.
I'll also add a schematic for using the 8Pin DIN plugs for anyone wanting to do a segmented string blade. The previous diagrams I had for that have been lost in the Photobucket debacle.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 07:07:15 AM by SpaceWindu »

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Re: Wiring Schematic for Neopixel Blades Using Different Connectors
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 07:08:12 AM »
Here's how I've been making them (I've posted this before)

This configuration allows for programming and charging through the blade socket and can be used for FX-SaberOS, TeensySaber, Plecter Labs and NEC types.

This also allows the blade or plug to be used as an activation key (only powered when something is plugged in) which eliminates the need for a kill key.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 07:10:59 AM by jbkuma »

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 07:12:12 AM »
Here's how I've been making them (I've posted this before)

This configuration allows for programming and charging through the blade socket and can be used for FX-SaberOS, TeensySaber, Plecter Labs and NEC types.

Yes! I now remember you told me about charging through the blade port. I had forgotten. That is a superior idea. Wow that would save a lot of space in the hilt. Very very cool!

Offline TTFRAZ

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 07:05:22 PM »
Could you go into more depth on wiring jbkuma? I’m new to all this. What typ of connector is that?

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 11:29:51 PM »
Yeah Jb that plug set up is great. Shame I prefer the 4 pin connector kr sells. The only issue I see is there is always a blade half of the connector set thrown away if recharging this way.
I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 08:26:16 AM »
Could you go into more depth on wiring jbkuma? I’m new to all this. What typ of connector is that?
The connector is a GX16-9.  I do sell some kits and the connectors themselves. There is a thread here listing some of my parts that I need to refresh (or close and start a new one).

Yeah Jb that plug set up is great. Shame I prefer the 4 pin connector kr sells. The only issue I see is there is always a blade half of the connector set thrown away if recharging this way.

It really depends on what you are doing.  There will be some mix of a number of hilts and a number of blade accessories that don't always match up.  I also use the connectors for making props and other things so I have dozens of 9pin and 10pin connectors on hand.

Offline shaolintao01

• No Force
  • Most impressive but you are not a jedi yet
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 09:59:22 AM »
I've also seen that :
NeoWars Charge Adapter + Activation Plug - Slimsaber, the real duel lightsaber
For him, better to use 4 pins connectors
Star wars and marshall amplifiers addict

retrousse