fiduciary

Author Topic: DIY Holocron  (Read 3482 times)

Offline Darth Chasm

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
DIY Holocron
« on: September 01, 2019, 03:41:15 PM »
I am far enough down this path that I figured I'd share on the forums.

I got the itch to make my own Holocron about a month ago and have been working on it since.

I've shared on Facebook and a few other places so if you've seen it already sorry...

I initially started doing the scratch build totally by hand, then realized I could use my vinyl cutter to cut the styrene more precisely. So I made my illustrations in Illustrator and sent them over to the cutter. Then it was just a matter of welding the pieces and sanding them down.

Next step is claying up the pieces and prepping them for mold making.

Then the pieces are cold cast. I've been experimenting with different powders. Here you can see copper and graphite finishes.

Eventually this will get some cool electronic features, but I still have some work and refinement to do.

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
Re: DIY Holocron
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 01:17:11 PM »
Very nice indeed! :evil: we look forward to see your competition of your skills to the next level with your “gate keeper “ :cheesy:

Great job.

This is just a “static” display with a simple light source or are we gonna be surprised with something crazy? :tongue:

MTFBWY

Offline Darth Chasm

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 02:04:27 PM »
Very nice indeed! :evil: we look forward to see your competition of your skills to the next level with your “gate keeper “ :cheesy:

Great job.

This is just a “static” display with a simple light source or are we gonna be surprised with something crazy? :tongue:

MTFBWY

It'll do a little more than light up but I want to keep that for a video reveal. Nothing too crazy, but fun and interesting.  :afro:

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 05:41:39 AM »
Daft thought I had earlier: if you get around to making these for sale, could you include a small hard drive/USB stick/SD card inside it, with all your saber building tutorials loaded onto it? A holocron with an actual Darth lord's sabersmithing knowledge built into it would be an awesome thing to have indeed.  :evil:
Better late than never.

Offline Darth Chasm

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 06:06:59 AM »
Lol great idea!

retrousse