fiduciary

Author Topic: The Dark Hermit and The Obfuscator  (Read 1616 times)

Offline DXistenz

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
The Dark Hermit and The Obfuscator
« on: July 09, 2018, 04:02:25 PM »
I first heard about the Obfuscator and the Dark Hermit saber was in 2014 from a story I read on the forum written by Drazel O’ Thumos. After talking to Clark Kent and several other members I tried to find one for sale, unfortunately no one had one for sale. So, I contacted Daren at JQ Sabers and discussed getting an Obfuscator made. That was the first saber I received, then after that I made plans for my next saber. I purchased a K4 from Korbanth’s 2016 run and sent it to Daren. Though it took a little longer to make, I received the Dark Hermit in May (perfect time for Solo movie).
Daren custom made the spikes which represent the Sarlacc tentacles. The sith artifact the “Muur Talisman” was made by David Jakovljevic, I fashioned the tail piece from different beads and crystals I found on Amazon.
Daren has created yet another Masterpiece. I will say that the wait for one of Daren’s sabers is totally worth it.

Dark Hermit aka The Corruptor
             by JQ Sabers
Specs:
2016 Korbanth Obi-wan K4 Aluminum Hilt
Custom Spikes and weathering
Tri Cree with white FoC
Crystal Shardv4.0 Sound
Very Loud 2W Super Bass Speaker
18650 3.7V Li-on Battery with internal R.I.C.E. Port
Recharge port with Kill Key in Pommel
Takes 7/8” Super Blade
Strong, duel worthy design.
Sound Fonts: Lord Blako- Pure Blood
             Lord Blako- Sidious No Mercy
             Lord Blako- Dark Apprentice

Dark Obi aka The Obfuscstor
             by JQ Sabers
Specs:
2014 Korbanth Obi-wan TPM Aluminum Hilt
Custom Brass Parts & Work
Tri Cree with White FoC
Crystal Focus v7.5 Soundboard 
8 - 2mm Accent LED Display
Very Loud 2W Mini Speaker
18500 7.4V Li-on Battery with internal R.I.C.E. Port
Recharge port with Kill Key in Pommel
Takes 7/8” Super Blade
Strong, duel worthy design.
Sound Fonts: Lord Blako- Pro Qui
             Lord Blako- Zabard DoubleBlade
             NovaStar- NovaStar
             Sekrogue1985- GreyMeat
             MadCow- Hoth
             Lord Blako- Revolt
             Madcow / Genesis Custom Sabers- Shatterpoint
             Nightstorm aka Mace Windu- TFU II Kamino
             Nightstorm aka Mace Windu- The Old Republic Jedi and Sith Editions: Crucible
             Nightstorm aka Mace Windu- The Old Republic Jedi and Sith Editions: Malign
              Madcow / Genesis Custom Sabers- Shoto
             LordBlako- Youngling

I have included the story by Drazel O’Thumos from his original post
 "Abrasive memories haunting the sands of time"

"In this story, I imagined how Obi-Wan Kenobi might have slowly drifted towards the Dark Side, not because of deeply rooted philosophical convictions about the nature of the Force, but rather because of a slow and complex psychological process involving his mixed feelings of bitterness, guilt and regrets regarding his direct or indirect responsibility in Anakin Skywalker's fall and the destruction of the Republic and the Jedi Order...He would not become a full-fledged Sith Lord but would end up becoming the "mad hermit who lives beyond the Dune Sea".  But this time, this hermit was a Dark hermit who changed his mind and decided to give up his Jedi vows and to betray The Lars family in order to rapture Luke Skywalker and to train him to "restore the glory of the Republic and the authority of the Jedi Order on the ashes of the Empire" and to "destroy the impure, treacherous and fallen Darth Vader to forcefully bring back the Republic and put an end to the Tyranny"....
The Negotiator thus became the Obfuscator, and the Educator became the Corruptor : his teaching was that "certain points of view" are "better and more clearsighted than others", and that "since the Sith insidiously triumphed by dealing in absolute values, we have no choice but to defend our own absolute values and to impose them onto this corrupted world if we want to bring back balance to the Force, and if we want to become strong enough to be in a position either to negotiate or to impose a better and fairer political and social Order for this Galaxy ".
Ben frequently told the young Luke how he had been able to survive during all these years spent in such a harsh environment on Tatooine thanks to his stamina and his patience and how he had had to resist countless rows of savage attacks carried out by sandpeople before being able to find a shelter. Ben also insisted on the fact that patience and tenaciousness are the key to victory and on how important it is to wait for the right moment to attack your target and then grip him relentlessly until he is too exhausted and can’t resist anymore: that’s exactly the way a Sarlacc acts with its unfortunate preys, believe me, my child, I have learnt a lot through observation, nature here on Tatooine has a lot to teach us. At that time, Ben had modified his lightsaber to reflect his philosophy, adding a new emitter, as well as a few tribal elements gathered on the bodies of dead Tusken roamers, and one day, during one of his meditations with Luke on the Dune Sea next to the Great Pit of Carcoon, he found a strange and ancient red gem which was a concretion which had been brought up by the mouth of the Sarlacc as a remnant of his digestion process. He later decided to integrate this gem into his modified lightsaber, as its new focusing crystal core, since his former crystal had suffered severe damages and did not yield enough power anymore.
During several years, Ben, the "Dark Hermit" patiently trained Luke in the ways of the Force to "fight and destroy" the Empire by any means, thus insisting on the fact that "from a certain point of view, an enemy can sometimes become your ally as long as he is willing to fight the Empire and Vader". But Ben also stated that if someone refuses to help you in your efforts to fight evil, then, regrettably, I have to admit that you will be forced to treat him as an Imperial agent of Vader and thus as an enemy of our future restored Republic". This dogmatic pseudo-idealistic and perverted anti-imperial philosophy corrupted Luke's mind as he was still a teenager, and the Dark Hermit had plenty of time to instill in him his resentment  against the Empire which managed to impose itself only because our Republic was blind and weak at that times, against Vader who maimed and killed your father, this noble man and against "anyone who is passive and does not actively stand against this imperial tyranny". 
After he left Tatooine with Luke, the Dark Hermit, leading a group of terrorists, decided to frequently and stealth fully launch attacks on various imperial facilities on several planets, trying to draw Darth Vader’s attention in order to set a trap for him. When he finally confronted Darth Vader aboard the freshly built Death Star, the two aging men exchanged harsh words:
Vader: At last we meet again; the Circle is now complete. You should not have come back, Obi-Wan, but I wasn’t expecting to see you wield such a weapon. This is not your color of treat, and you are unworthy of this power and wisdom:  yet, I see that you’ve finally accepted the truth, old man. The Sith vision is the only truth.
Obi-Wan: That’s what I thought: Anakin is truly dead and you now are far too twisted to be redeemed. Do not rejoice too early, Vader: I am no Sith, and I will never be. But I will use any necessary weapon to bring you down and to put an end to Palpatine’s tyranny.
Vader: You’re weak, old man, and you’re now alone. Your pathetic band of friends will soon be eradicated, and I will wipe you out once and for all. Your treacherous, corrupted and dogmatic Jedi Order is now extinct, and soon its last scattered remnants will disappear like dust in the wind. Our New Order brought peace and justice by tracking down traitors like you.
Obi-Wan: Your overconfidence is your weakness. It has always been. Your eyes deceive you, Vader: I am not alone and isolated anymore, since I now have a new and much more powerful ally. Your own son, Luke, will soon stand against you and bring your demise. If my blade meets its target, you will be no more. If you strike me down, that will only strengthen and fuel Luke’s hatred towards you and I know that he will finally get rid of you.
Vader: What have you done, old wreck: how dare you! That’s the last mistake you will ever make. If you’ve brought my son here, once I have defeated you, I will find him and he will join me for sure. I will take care of him and protect him against people like you. We will rule as father and son, we will replace the Emperor, and the righteous Order of our Dynasty will bring stability once again. Then your failure will be complete, and your sacrifice will prove to have been useless.
Obi-Wan: You will not manage to pervert Luke’s mind. I’ve already trained and educated him well, and his determination to overthrow you and your friend Palpatine is flawless. He has the patience and the strength of will that you lacked.
Vader: I will soon relieve you of your delusions and put you out of your misery. When I left you, I was but a learner, now I am the Master. You should have killed me when you had a chance. You will die here and now.
Obi-Wan: Showing mercy was my weakness, but in my forced exile on Tatooine I understood a lot of things. I now am much more clearsighted than I was before. It is you who are severely deluded. I defeated you before and I can do it again. You may not be aware of it, but I already have the high ground.
Vader: Taunting me will not save you this time, old wreck. I have grown older, wiser and much more powerful. You have grown older but your exile made you weaker and foolish. Using the same old tricks won’t help you. You were lucky during our last fight, but this time you will not escape your destiny. The Force is with me, I truly am the Chosen One, and you are but a pathetic broken and wrinkled shadow of your former self.
Obi-Wan: That’s rich coming from someone who is now more machine than man and is forced to live in the shadows of an armor in order to live a parody of life. The prophecy was clearly misinterpreted, the Chosen One will be your son, and I will redeem myself by destroying you.
The outcome of the long and emotional fight between the two men was a fateful one. Luke only heard the end of the conversation between Vader and Ben, and after having witnessed the death of the Dark Hermit at the hands of Darth Vader during this failed attempt at killing him and the execution of some of his friends, Luke escaped and later learnt about the excruciating torture and agony of his adoptive parents on Tatooine (because Vader was convinced that Obi-Wan had lied to him and that Luke was still on Tatooine, he decided to send his imperial agents as well as a few troopers of his 501st Legion in order to interrogate civilians and find him).
Thus, Luke became convinced that he had to adopt a more radical stance than that of the Rebel Alliance that he had recently agreed to join, because he deemed that "the aims of the attacks against the Empire must prevail over the concerns about the civilian casualties entailed by such operations, since Imperial Forces do not have the same moral scruples as we, Rebels, have". He therefore decided to leave the Alliance and to create, with his own supporters, his own renegade group called the "New Rebel Coalition" which quickly became notorious for their relentless bloody anarchic attacks and terrorist operations not only against Imperial forces but also against the civilians and non-military groups who supported the political ideas (one thousand years of Peace and Prosperity thanks to a New Order) and cultural principles (High Human Culture must prevail over indigenous subculture) of the spreading new Empire.

Luke finally fought Darth Vader and the Emperor in a crucial confrontation. He nearly died when the Emperor decided to torture him in front of Vader. But in the end, Vader redeemed himself and still got rid of Sidious in order to in extremis save his son. After that, Vader had time to reveal to Luke his true identity before dying, and his final words were: Obi-Wan’s resentment, his transformation, and your mother’s death were all my fault. Fear led me to the Dark Side and severely clouded my judgment. I was manipulated by a twisted and evil mind and made terrible choices because of fear. Do not let your life get ruled by fear: fear is like a poison which fuel hatred and lead you astray. Dogmatism and intolerance can lurk in the shadows of even the most generous kind of idealism, and even love can be perverted by fear. There is good in you as there once was good in me: do not become what I became, do not become precisely what you are fighting against. Retaliation is not salvation. Now go my son, do not fear the future, do not let anger nor resentment rule your life, learn forgiveness, and never forget who you are.
When Luke later met his sister (whom the Dark Hermit had told him about), he forgave both his former mentor Obi-Wan and his father Anakin, and he gave up his radical views and managed to overthrow the Empire with the help of both the Rebel Alliance and a renewed Rebel Coalition which finally merged as one political entity to restore peace and democracy in the Galaxy..."

Offline Seth Skywalker

• Padawan Learner
  • That lightsaber... is mine!
Re: The Dark Hermit and The Obfuscator
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 07:13:07 PM »
Clap clap cclap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap. :huh: Very nice saber and awesome story! I love reading alterations of story's how things could have gone differently. Very nice job on both the saber and the story.

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 02:34:52 PM »
These are two very unique hilts. They are a Peagus and Unicorn. Lucky you !

Great to read that story again. More light next time with the pictures, :grin:  because they need to be InThe Spotlight .

Offline DXistenz

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 05:18:47 PM »
Thank you, I will post more pictures this weekend.

retrousse