fiduciary

Author Topic: Join a cause, win a GCS saber! #TheForce4Justice  (Read 9976 times)

Offline Zephyr37

• Force User
Re: Join a cause, win a GCS saber! #TheForce4Justice
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 09:00:03 AM »
Once you submit it, does it right away automatically upload to the website, or is there a wait period between entering and it appearing on the website to allow people to vote.

Also, just curious, why are people allowed to vote 1 time every 24 hours? I think it would make more sense for people to be allowed to vote only once and that is it because the point is to reach as many people as possible. By doing it the way it is now, person 1 who gets 9 votes by having the same one person vote each day because he entered on Sept. 1st would win over person 2 who entered on Sept 9th but got 8 votes from 8 different people, therefore, creating more awareness than person 1, but ends up losing. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 09:02:27 AM by Zephyr37 »

Offline madcow

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • Genesis Custom Sabers
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 12:43:40 PM »
Hello there Madcow

I truly believe in this and would like to add to this cause.

With your permission I would like to donate from my personal collection
my Master Replicas Quigon Jinn LE saber I got from Master Replicas way back when.
(includes paperwork and plaque, sorry no display case)

Please email me your address so I make sure I have the right one and I'll
send it to you tomorrow so you have it to include for the winner.

MTFBWY
always
YODA

AWESOME!
Thanks Yoda. Well arrange it!

Be in touch

Offline Kolgrima

• Force User
  • Never tell me the odds!
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2016, 03:48:57 PM »
Once you submit it, does it right away automatically upload to the website, or is there a wait period between entering and it appearing on the website to allow people to vote.

Also, just curious, why are people allowed to vote 1 time every 24 hours? I think it would make more sense for people to be allowed to vote only once and that is it because the point is to reach as many people as possible. By doing it the way it is now, person 1 who gets 9 votes by having the same one person vote each day because he entered on Sept. 1st would win over person 2 who entered on Sept 9th but got 8 votes from 8 different people, therefore, creating more awareness than person 1, but ends up losing. Just a thought.

I kind of agree but I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's too late to change the way voting works at this point (May be something to consider if there is ever a next time though). Either way I've been working on my entry for way too long to give up now. So even though I'll be way behind everyone else in votes, I'm hoping to generate a lot of interest for the cause with my video. As it stands I'm in the home stretch, I have all the video done and edited so now I'm working on effects, titles and credits then it's on to foley and sound mixing.

Should be done... ummmm soon...

Offline Zephyr37

• Force User
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2016, 08:28:55 AM »
Got done with my video, if you like, please vote!! You can vote once every 24 hours. Video is titled Little Sister Rescue.

https://theforce4justice.shortstack.com/tHCR3g#

Offline madcow

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • Genesis Custom Sabers
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2016, 09:17:59 AM »

Great input.
It's up to the team at IJM Canada who are managing the contest. It's their first time with something like this.

Offline Kolgrima

• Force User
  • Never tell me the odds!
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 11:06:10 PM »
Well after much work, My video "The Tree" is up finally \o/... have a look, vote if you like.

Cheers!

Offline madcow

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • Genesis Custom Sabers
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2016, 09:09:24 AM »
THANK YOU!
We've managed to raise awareness about the fight against human trafficking. I appreciate everyone's involvement.

retrousse