fiduciary

Author Topic: The official LDM/MH GK3 run thread ***RUN COMPLETED***  (Read 96679 times)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
Re: The official LDM/MH GK3 run thread ***RUN COMPLETED***
« Reply #450 on: January 10, 2022, 02:41:49 PM »
UPDATED 1-14-22

Updates added within the body of text below ;)  EVERYONE has been contacted and will receive their product (pending final payment).

***BIG UPDATE***

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vf0p1btjyy881fa/100_0090.JPG?dl=0

I have received the empty hilts and have already sent them to the installers (within 3 days).  MH has already begun his installs and I will begin mine this week.  The ones shipped to the other 2 (well known) installers should arrive this week and then those installs can begin as well.

For those who requested the pixel upgrade, I had to machine the emitters (internally) to accept the PCB holder since they were originally designed for a Tri-Cree.  I did this for everyone at no extra charge. 

The "wobbly" emitter issue that MH noticed has been resolved.  I have tested one with a 7/8" pixel blade in it and swung/smacked it and nothing appears amiss now.  Once again, the mod was done at no charge (on ALL hilts). 

The first phase of installs are for those who have been active in this thread since 2020.  The second phase will be for the rest.  Final payment (the final installment) will be due upon completion of your saber.  All will be paid to ME (as I have been the holder of the coin for this project) and I will pay the installers. 

First group is:

MH ; All finished, MH invoicing & shipping
1. Manny (off site)
2. Aginor
3. Fonzie
4. Modern-Day Warrior
5. joker (was Darth Dimitri)

Obi-Dar ; All finished.  All invoiced, still waiting on 1 to pay).
6. Mace Windu (Nightstorm)
7. coldvizjerei
8. Darth Imperium
9. Lazi-D

Jango ; All finished.  Will invoice all 3 right after this.
10. msasin
11. NinjaPirateAssassin
12. ctech88

LDM - All shipped, all paid
13. ZeroSpeed
14. Dark Lord of Sushi (was Watto)
15. 2fishbones
16. Baum

The second group (These have all been contacted and builds are moving forward for them):

17. GusManB = MH
18. Anakin Skywalker = MH
19. cavjo = MH
20. Prestonian7 = LDM
21. Darth Maul = LDM

Finally, for those who NEED a 7/8" Pixel blade (or regular 7/8" blade), it will be a separate transaction.  You can PM me if you want one.  They are $109 for pixel and $32 for Gelu with bullet tip + shipping.  You are NOT REQUIRED to purchase a blade.  I am making them available as a service for those who need them.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 12:09:36 PM by GENERAL GRIEVOUS »

Offline GusManB

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #451 on: January 11, 2022, 12:14:01 PM »
Fantastic!

And just received the final invoice, now paid!

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #452 on: January 14, 2022, 12:22:43 PM »
I just PM'd JANGOS installs for location verification.  Once you guys get back to me, I will get you invoiced and your sabers shipped out to you.

The final 5 installs are now moving towards install and when those are finished, 100% of this run will be concluded.  Thank everyone for their patience, I know it's been rough.

Offline msasin

• No Force
« Reply #453 on: January 15, 2022, 09:14:30 AM »
I accidentally deleted the message. But i have sent you PM LDM.

Thank you.

Offline Pfockerchief

• Master Force User
  • (Fa-ker-chief)
« Reply #454 on: January 15, 2022, 03:39:25 PM »
Nice to see this long standing run nearing completion.  Can't say that for others on here.
Yoda Vintage GFIV, GFV
LDM Obi Bronzium Reveal
LDM MKVI ROTJ PC2 V2 #27
SP/LDM Sid
SJ Obi Romans Reveal
GCS CF6 CEX Asc#14/PC2 Asc AE/Custom Badaxx
OR Adi-Galia CF6
VV Luke Hero/Tempest/Wraths

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #455 on: January 17, 2022, 01:32:53 PM »
Nice to see this long standing run nearing completion.  Can't say that for others on here.

Ugh, I didn't realize there were any other runs that were still going on here.  Hopefully whoever it is will get things finished and out as soon as possible.  This run (GK3) has been rough for everyone, which is why we cut down the price and just wore it.  I'm just glad to get them all finished and out (which should be 100% complete within the next 4-6 weeks, as over half are out already!  Thank God!).

Anyone waiting on another run I wish you well on it and hope it gets resolved.  If it  is here at Fx, the person running it should be trustworthy or at least sponsored by someone trustworthy) that won't ditch you.  Hopefully that is a little comfort at least.

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
« Reply #456 on: January 18, 2022, 01:00:02 PM »

Ugh, I didn't realize there were any other runs that were still going on here.  Hopefully whoever it is will get things finished and out as soon as possible.  This run (GK3) has been rough for everyone, which is why we cut down the price and just wore it.  I'm just glad to get them all finished and out (which should be 100% complete within the next 4-6 weeks, as over half are out already!  Thank God!).

Anyone waiting on another run I wish you well on it and hope it gets resolved.  If it  is here at Fx, the person running it should be trustworthy or at least sponsored by someone trustworthy) that won't ditch you.  Hopefully that is a little comfort at least.

There is one other that has had a lot of unforeseen delays - which had been addressed, repeatedly. There is also a bit of pot stirring going on.  :police:
That’s a discussion that can be had in the Council.

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline Baum

• No Force
  • Hello! Sorry,I am not good at English…
« Reply #457 on: January 21, 2022, 02:53:18 AM »
Hello there:)

I finally got GK3 today!
It's been a long time coming and I'm so happy!
I'm honored to have the same saber as everyone else here!!

Thank you for your great job MH & LDM:)
It has become my favorite saber!

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #458 on: January 25, 2022, 12:47:49 PM »
Update:

All paid finished sabers have been shipped.  If we are still waiting on payment from you (if your saber is finished, you have been invoiced) we will ship as  soon as you handle your business.  Contact me via PM here if you need time/to work something out (1 person asked for an invoice so he can make payments and that was provided).  We are currently waiting for a second payment from one person.  It was supposed to be received 2 weeks ago.  If that is not received within the next 2 weeks, that hilt will become available and the non-payer will lose his deposit.  I have a wait list for that hilt and I am not waiting to wrap this whole thing up.  This person knows who he is and needs to communicate with me if he needs help.  I can be very understanding, but multiple emails, invoices and PM's unanswered after you told me what you wanted to do is not going to cut it.

The final group of sabers are being worked on now (every person on this run either has their saber, it's on its way to them, or MH and I are working on it now and will finish within the next few weeks).  I thank all of you for your patience and truly hope you all enjoy these very cool sabers!

Offline Prestonian7

• No Force
« Reply #459 on: January 25, 2022, 12:53:14 PM »
I haven’t received my invoice yet.  I sent you my email  and mailing address General Grievous but have not heard any additional instructions since the beginning of the month.  I’m in the last group. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 01:03:24 PM by Prestonian7 »

Offline Modern-Day Warrior

• Force User
« Reply #460 on: January 29, 2022, 08:47:26 AM »
Looks like I've hit a snag. Got my hilt and everything seemed good, turned it on and was giving it some experimental swings when the sound suddenly cut out. Figured it just needed a charge and plugged it in (7.4v smart charger from CustomSaberShop). Charging light on the plug stays red for a while and then starts blinking. When unplugged still no audio, but a red light does come on in the CF board.

Any help?

Offline K-2SO

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #461 on: January 29, 2022, 02:39:10 PM »
I think you need to charge it for 3.7V

Offline Modern-Day Warrior

• Force User
« Reply #462 on: January 29, 2022, 03:04:08 PM »
Is it? The original post states 7.4v. Did that change with the pixel upgrade?

Also got my blade from MD today. Popped it in and it turned on; clashes, blaster, ignition, retraction, color change, etc. were all functional. No sound though.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 04:53:52 PM by Modern-Day Warrior »

Offline K-2SO

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #463 on: January 30, 2022, 08:03:44 AM »

Also got my blade from MD today. Popped it in and it turned on; clashes, blaster, ignition, retraction, color change, etc. were all functional. No sound though.

Yes, Neopixel only really runs week with a 15A 3.7V battery, as far as I know, there is no 7.4 V setup that would currently fit within a saber to do Neopixel. LDM should confirm.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #464 on: January 31, 2022, 12:45:06 PM »

Yes, Neopixel only really runs week with a 15A 3.7V battery, as far as I know, there is no 7.4 V setup that would currently fit within a saber to do Neopixel. LDM should confirm.

Yes, all CFX sabers are 3.7V high drain battery packs (a must for neopixel).  If you are having any issues with the sabers, please message your installer (yours was MH).  If you can't make headway, message me.  You may have a defective speaker, or may have inadvertently set it to silent.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 12:47:32 PM by GENERAL GRIEVOUS »

retrousse