fiduciary

Author Topic: Simplyprop?  (Read 19756 times)

Offline The_Night

• Master Force User
  • "I have become your Nightmare"
    • Prestige Sabers
Simplyprop?
« on: December 04, 2011, 06:37:07 AM »
so i recently stumbled on the simplyprop on youtube. i know from digging a little bit that he used to sell on here and the RPF but was banned for both. i wasn't around so just wondering why? all the feedback for him on here was 5/5 and i wanted to know before i order from him. so anyone thats done business or knows of what happened, words of advice?
MR Vader ESB
MR Maul Staff- Converted
MFX Starkiller
KOTOR Clan Sabers

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
Re: Simplyprop?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 06:54:19 AM »
It was confirmed as an Alt. account for 5postboy. 2 different sources with screencaps, both long time members.

Why would you consider buying form someone banned from the forums? :-\

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline The_Night

• Master Force User
    • Prestige Sabers
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 07:03:24 AM »
I had thought about before I found out. I found one of his hilts second hand and was trying to find info on them.

MR Vader ESB
MR Maul Staff- Converted
MFX Starkiller
KOTOR Clan Sabers

Offline daddy solo

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 07:15:00 AM »
I  bought an Obi ANH spacer/connector from him over at RPF (before he was banned) and actually had an excellent transaction - but he's obviously been banned for some questionable practices so "caveat emptor"

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 07:20:15 AM »
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=15315.0

If you do a search on the RPF, or even google for 5postboy, you will find a long history ::).

Just like with other sellers who I won't mention, some people have had good transactions but many others have not.  If a seller has burned many other members of the community, the question you have to ask yourself is do you want to support that person?

Facebook: VVFB

Offline The_Night

• Master Force User
    • Prestige Sabers
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 07:23:45 AM »
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=15315.0

If you do a search on the RPF, or even google for 5postboy, you will find a long history ::).

Just like with other sellers who I won't mention, some people have had good transactions but many others have not.  If a seller has burned many other members of the community, the question you have to ask yourself is do you want to support that person?

dang... add one more to my list of people not to buy from i guess.
opinions on getting one he made second hand?
MR Vader ESB
MR Maul Staff- Converted
MFX Starkiller
KOTOR Clan Sabers

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 08:07:21 AM »
Actually, I've had lots of conversations with Zeb. He maintains he's not the same person and I tend to believe him. Quite a few people have his Mara Jade and have been happy with them. As soon as I have some free funds, I'm going to pick up a Luke ROTJ from him.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 08:20:22 AM »
I've seen the email that he admits he is the same person.

Why members continue to support known scammers and scalpers is beyond me.
Many of your comrades lost their hard earned $$ to this person, and If you had to read all the PMs I have had to your point of view might be different.
Or worse it could be your transaction that goes bad this time around and your $$$ could be lost.

/Bewildered

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 08:30:56 AM »
Actually, I've had lots of conversations with Zeb. He maintains he's not the same person and I tend to believe him. Quite a few people have his Mara Jade and have been happy with them. As soon as I have some free funds, I'm going to pick up a Luke ROTJ from him.

His name is Jianwei Chen and it is the same person.  Not clear on why you would argue about it.  There is no doubt on the subject.

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 08:53:27 AM »
No argument. Just seems like a nice guy and I know quite a few people HERE have his Mara Jade and are happy with it. That is all.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 08:59:27 AM »
As I mentioned, some have had good success.  That doesn't change the fact that many others were burned.  Personally, I don't support companies/people who rip other people off.  My 2 cents ;).

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 09:26:27 AM »

I agree that people can change...but when it comes to business (You are a business when you sell your goods/wares/talents) for money, you have to make up for your past transgressions before you can move forward.

If one does not, it just proves they are still the same person and that they will burn new customers just as soon as an inconvenient situation arrises.

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 09:32:20 AM »
As I mentioned, some have had good success.  That doesn't change the fact that many others were burned.  Personally, I don't support companies/people who rip other people off.  My 2 cents ;).

That is 100% agreed. Many of us have seen this scenario far too often....

Person 1 asks: Is this person bad?
People respond: Yes, he is a scammer
Person 1: I am going to buy from them anyway. (all logic and common sense out the door)
People warn...
Person 1 ignores warnings, buys product....product either is never received, or ends up being horrible.
Person 1 is out $$$, is bitter and possibly gets a bad taste in their mouth of the hobby.
People shake their heads...

So along with LUMINARA, and JANGO, all I got to say is....buyer FIERCELY beware.

Offline vulcan fox

• Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 03:33:35 PM »
well, i agree that people can and DO change  but its very different when you are running a goods or and sales business,... the general rule to go by is you've got ONE chance with the customer , IF the customer is unhappy .?.. you simply have to make sure that if the fault lies with you or your product, then make SURE you rectify the situation to the benefit of the customer, IF you don't , WORD OF MOUTH will ruin you,and this looks like the classic case, no one trusts him. :-\

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 03:58:16 PM »
This is more than customer dissatisfaction.  This is customers who were ripped off, robbed, never got money or product ::).

Everyone can be subject to DRL, and things happen.  However, when you get back on your feet you take care of your debts rather than changing your name and hiding out for 4 years profiting off of the hobby but never making amends to those you stole from >:(.

retrousse