fiduciary

Author Topic: CFX Aux button not working(solved)  (Read 965 times)

Offline x.j0nnay.x

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
CFX Aux button not working(solved)
« on: July 01, 2020, 03:31:38 PM »
hey so my aux buttons not working i checked the board config and made sure its in momentary mode, and with my multi meter i can read a signal going through the wire and switch but nothing else even touching the negative to the contact point on the board does noting. is this just something that got messed up in shipping? i know i can use one switch to run the whole thing but i much prefer the dual switch navigation.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 02:25:12 PM by x.j0nnay.x »

Offline JonKClark

• No Force
  • Just a guy looking to make saber stuff!
Re: CFX Aux button not working(solved)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 05:00:05 PM »
Can you post some high res pictures of your board so we can see the solder points? Sometimes even the smallest solder bridge can mess things up... Also you can try cleaning the flux residue off as well...
Remember: Han shot first!
Jedi Atu'karek

Offline x.j0nnay.x

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 05:25:43 PM »
ive even used the ground wire to termanate to the aux point and nothing. the point is correct, this is my 3rd time making a saber with CFX and this is the first time this has happened to me, i think something happened to it in shipping or something. i also only use a esd safe solder.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 05:42:51 PM by x.j0nnay.x »

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 12:32:54 AM »
pictures are blurred, so it's impossible to see anything relevant, though I see one pad damaged (but that's the activator). Your aux pad circuitry might have been damaged by ESD, you can try to revive it with a pullup resistor (see the troubleshooting document in the FB official CFX group). First, you need to measure the pad voltage with no switch no wires attached to it and it should be 3.3V. If not, the internal pullup got destroyed, most likely by ESD. Then you can try the pullup revive trick

Offline x.j0nnay.x

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 10:37:37 AM »
tested it could not read any connection. at all, its okay ive been using single button use and kinda like it for the graflex anyways, i wish i would have tested it before i started to install it that way i could sent it back and get it replaced but it works

retrousse