fiduciary

Author Topic: My Mace Windu ROTS Review  (Read 6533 times)

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
My Mace Windu ROTS Review
« on: March 05, 2007, 12:41:44 PM »
"You are under arrest, my lord!"

These words were spoken by Jedi Master Mace Windu to the evil Sith Lord Sidious (aka Palpatine) in ROTS just as he "defeated" the Sith Lord in a lightsaber duel.  Thus begins my review of the Mace Windu ROTS FX Lightsaber.

The Box:
Score: 10/10
It's your typical single bladed lightsaber box.  The Mace like the latest versions of the FX sabers were packaged very nicely and I had no problems taking it out of the box.  I didn't bother taking a picture of it since there was no need to.  I did take a picture of the discription though and have posted it below.

The Hilt:
Score: 6/10
The hilt upon first inspection I thought, "Hmm, this isn't too bad not as big as some pictures have made it out to be".  I honestly like the hilt, grant it is a lot bigger than the LE and the reason why I don't give this a full ten is because of the use for the six battery pack.  I think the Mace saber could have really benifited with the use of a newly tooled and smaller hilt to incorperate the three (either AA or AAA) battery pack.  I don't know why Master Replicas didn't think of redoing the saber to incorpate the three battery pack.  Over all the hilt itself is VERY beautiful looking and shiny.  The gold pieces really give it that blingness to it.

The weight of the hilt, honestly I have no problems with it.  People say it's heavier than the Anakin ROTS, I think they are about the same honestly and I can actually twirl the Mace hilt better than I can the Anakin.  For the activation switch I had no problems where it was at since I twirled it around for a few minutes and I once didn't hit the on/off switch.

The Blade (length, color etc):
Score: 7/10
When I first saw the saber I thought that the blade seemed a tad shorter than the Anakin ROTS one.  In comparing the two they are the same length though.  As far as the color goes, when I fired it up it is a purple but more of a lighter purple than what we see in AOTC and ROTS.  I took it into my bathroom and turned off the lights and fired it up.  It still seemed a bit light in purple but was darker at the same time in the dark.  However I'm using the Duracell Copper Top batteries so that might be effecting the brightness of the blade and such.  There is a bit of blotchyness to it but that's typical but I don't see it if I hold it at a certain angle.  Also too as far as seeing the red strip, I can't honestly see it... maybe because I am color blind and certain colors (wether they be lighter colors or darker colors) tend to blend together and I have a hard time distinguishing them.

The Sound:
Score: 5/10
Typical recyled Jedi sounds, and this is why I give it a lower score.  Also the sounds on mine aren't nearly as loud as the Anakin ROTS.  They also seem a bit muffled, maybe because the holes for the speaker aren't that big enough, I don't know.  As far as the response time for swinging and clashing the saber it's pretty sensative, more so than my Maul saber.  Every twirl or swing I took with the saber the sounds were right on cue and I didn't have to hit the saber that hard to get the clash sounds to work.

Over All Rating:
Over all I give this a 7/10.  It's a pretty nice hilt but as I said earlier it could have benifited a lot more by having it redone smaller and implimenting either the three AA or AAA battery pack.   I am pleased to have this saber in my collection and I will be playing with this saber quite a bit.

Now onto the pictures...

Clip Of The Box

Clicky for larger picture

The Front Of The Saber

Clicky for larger picture

The Back Of The Saber

Clicky for larger image

Close Up Of Emitter Section

Clicky for larger image

Close Up Of Grips & Pommel Section

Clicky for larger image

Close Up Of Skin

Clicky for larger image

The Blade In Normal Lighting

Clicky for larger image

The Blade Showing Its Natural Color

Clicky for larger image

P.S. With the blade showing it's natural color I just set my camera brightness setting down to zero.

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
Re: My Mace Windu ROTS Review
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 05:48:15 PM »
 ;DCongrats bigt1981 on your mace rots!!Great pics and a great review my friend!!I really like mine;and;I say that line to my wife all the time!!You are under arrest my lord!!haha :D

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 07:14:18 PM »
Thanks for the kind words. :)   As far as the pictures go, I love having a high end camera that can take good pictures like these now, hehe..

Offline Lord Clueless

• Force User
  • Saber Lord
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 09:23:47 PM »
Good review!

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 12:22:12 AM »
Great review bigT!

I agree that the Mace saber would benfit from some new sounds and a rescale. The six-cell pack does offer a bit longer run time however. Plus it does help balance the saber a bit.

MR could take a few pointers from it's customer base more often that they do, but cost effective manufacturing sometimes negates suggestion unfortunately.

Offline Vaders Apprentice

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 03:33:16 PM »
thats an awesome review! love it! all the stuff i wanted to know. 10/10! :P

Offline Jedi Tom

• Padawan Learner
  • Twisted by the dark side young Skywalker is.
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 03:27:05 PM »
Thats a mad review man very well done ;D :D ;) 8)

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 03:38:09 PM »
Thats a mad review man very well done ;D :D ;) 8)

So many mad reviews man  :o

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 05:08:50 PM »
Nice review BigT. Great pics too ;)

retrousse