fiduciary

Author Topic: SOLVED: CF9 Color mixing question  (Read 1146 times)

Offline generalSkywalker

• Experienced Force User
SOLVED: CF9 Color mixing question
« on: July 04, 2018, 11:23:13 PM »
So, I picked up a Crystal focus V9, because it seemed like the only board with everything I wanted for this build. One of the things I wanted to do, was have my RB/B/W LEd have some color mixing, since its a graflex build and I want to have the light blue for an ANH font and more royal blue for an Ep3 font. The cfv9 seems to be more streamlined for color mixing, but one thing I cant seem to figure out is if I need to buy the color Xtender for the V9. I know people with rgb needed it for the cfv8, but if I want to mix a RB/B/W tri-cree, would I need the color Xtender was well? or does the V9 have the ability to do limited mixing on its own? I know this a super noobish question but Ive kept my stuff pretty simple before with LEDs and never really put much thought into how this works till now.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 12:31:08 PM by generalSkywalker »
"You have received a great honor, to be on the fx saber forum at your age. It's never happened before"

Offline cvsickle

• Force User
  • Avid Saber Enthusiast and Build Attempter
Re: SOLVED: CF9 Color mixing question
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 09:55:46 AM »
You don't need it, but it will allow a more precise control over the current you're sending to each LED die. If you don't use a color extender (CEx), then you'll have to use a resistor on the two dies that you aren't wiring to the on-board current regulator on the CF9.

See the "Pseudo color mixing" section of the CF9 manual:
http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/Doc/CrystalFocusSaberCoreV9-1.0-GB.pdf

Offline generalSkywalker

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 12:01:36 PM »
So, I watched Erv's tutorial on his channel on how to wire it up, but in every tutorial or video I find, they are all using RBG LEDs. Im using a RB/B/W LED, and im not sure which one is supposed to be wired where in comparison to the RGB. how do I know which channels to wire to? the manual doesn't go into much depth for this. So if im wiring for the 3 leds to color mix, with my white led being used for flash on clash? how do I know which channels to wire them to?
"You have received a great honor, to be on the fx saber forum at your age. It's never happened before"

Offline cvsickle

• Force User
  • Avid Saber Enthusiast and Build Attempter
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 12:12:48 PM »
It doesn't actually matter. They can be whichever channel you want and you just control each channel separately.

If white is for FOC, if put that on channel 3. One of the blues to the on board driver and the other one on channel 2. If use the on board driver for whichever one you plan on using the most, but that's just me being nitpicky.

Offline generalSkywalker

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 12:30:50 PM »
Alright, thanks for the clear up.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 01:23:18 AM »
I'm sorry i missed this thread thanks correy for all your detailed help to the OP

retrousse