fiduciary

Author Topic: Weird sound font issue with CF8 (SOLVED)  (Read 1272 times)

Offline darth.maledous

• No Force
  • The Reviler
Weird sound font issue with CF8 (SOLVED)
« on: April 18, 2018, 06:34:34 AM »
Hi everyone.  I'm having a strange issue with two sound fonts made by the same font maker.  When I activate the saber and swing it, it gives me one swing sound, then stops. Even though I keep swinging, it won't trigger another swing.  The same goes for the clash sounds; I tap the hilt once, the board triggers clash then stops. Blade lockup sounds are intermittent, however the hum and blaster block sounds trigger normally.  I've formatted the SD card, swapped in a new SD card, etc., but nothing fixes it.  If I  use the same fonts on a Prizm 5.0/5.1, everything works.  I've attached a copy of my sound banks config.txt. I'm hoping someone can help.

Thanks,

/ CFV8 Config
wakeup=1
led=999,0,0,0
fled=999,600,0,0
lled=700,700,300,0
focmix=0001
randc=0
blastp=0
random=3
pom=0
pof=0
magic=0
saberlock=0
tridenton=0
tridentoff=0
tridentm=0000
tridentfx=0
tridentflk=0
tridentquick=0
resume=0
blastm=0
randb=3
shmrd=75
shmrp=6
shmrr=12
shmr%=50,80
focd=100
focp=10
focr=14
foc%=60,99
focl=1
focb=1
focf1=1
focf2=1
focf3=0
shft=0
spshft=0
dyshft=0
qon=0
qoff=0
fade=0
flks=3
flkd=25
flkon=1
flkoff=1
pulsed=0
pulsel=0
idlepulsing=1
idleled=0

« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 08:12:23 AM by darth.maledous »

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: Weird sound font issue with CF8 (SOLVED)
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 10:16:31 AM »
I don't see anything wrong with your configuration files you might want to hook up a rice port to your saber and look at what it says during the boot to see some files are missing or not (missing or not found)
You can set debug=1 in your config and see what the board outputs during motion events.
You can use the Rice app for this but also docklight or cool term, @115200 baud. It will provide precious info on what is happening

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
  • Star Wars collector in the UK.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 12:43:58 PM »
A few quick questions:

When you say …”it gives me one swing sound, then stops” do you mean it stops dead, or the hum continues and it stops responding to swings/clashes? I also assume that other fonts work fine?

In the override file do you have the swing and clash limiters set using the % option? (E.g. swing=%90).

If the fonts are from a fontmaker that uses the trick of extended ‘tails’ on swings and clashes to avoid repetitive hum patterns  after a swing/clash (JuanSith uses this trick to great effect for example) then the duration of the swing/clash can be minutes. I haven’t tried this, and Erv will be able to tell you for sure as there may be a max duration even when using the %, but in theory if the fonts causing the problem have long swing/clash files, and you have the limiters set using a high %’age then it may be minutes before a second clash/swing can be triggered.

Offline darth.maledous

• No Force
  • The Reviler
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 07:48:09 PM »
Thanks for replying. Yes, the hum keeps going, but the swings  and the clashes stop. These fonts are from JuanSith. So are you suggesting that I use a low swing and clash value in minutes rather than percentages? I ask because when debugging this issue with R.I.C.E., if I bring those values to 0 minutes, it will trigger the swings and clashes; although they sound a little weird. Erv can you chime in here on possible values ?

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 01:43:27 AM »
Share your motion flow limiters values

Offline darth.maledous

• No Force
  • The Reviler
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 08:11:52 AM »
Got it solved guys!  I spoke with JuanSith and asked him to share his override.txt file with me. MikeyX hit the nail on the head with his explanation. So by using the following settings, I was able to resolve the problem:

swing=200
clash=100
spin=200
lockup=150

Big thanks to MikeyX, JuanSith and Erv.

Offline Juansith

• Master Force User
  • The Leeroy Jenkins of the bidding wars
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 04:07:17 PM »
Hey Man, no problem! MikeyX has become an expert on my fonts 😂 Thanks Mike!

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
  • Star Wars collector in the UK.
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 01:30:57 PM »
I've been travelling so sorry I didn't get to reply sooner with working values - glad I was able to help, and Juan chipped in with the standard values to get it all fixed quickly  :grin:

retrousse