fiduciary

Author Topic: Helping generate ideas  (Read 1006 times)

Offline KEIRAN

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Helping generate ideas
« on: November 20, 2017, 06:48:31 AM »
I had a question for everyone here I have been playing with the idea of making a lightsaber like pong krells lightsaber or the temple guards lightsaber. Any thoughts or ideas would be awesome

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
Re: Helping generate ideas
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 08:27:00 AM »
There's got to be some tool... perhaps one of those all-in-one style tools that opens up like a swiss army knife... I know there's some object... some tool that would open like Pong Krell's saber and lock in the open position. Something like those utility knives where you have to depress a button to then fold it again. That way it would stay rigidly open like a staff when you wanted and then close up tightly again.

I'll keep thinking I know there's got be a heavy duty style lever that would work for this off of some already-existing tool or object.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 09:42:53 AM »
There is this design on Thingiverse, but it doesn't seem to lock.  I think Space is on the right track with the pocket knife blade lock.  You might also make the joint keyed so that it stays locked in position as a staff or folded.
Pong Krell's Lightsaber by CaseStudyno8 - Thingiverse

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 05:14:29 PM »
Arm on Fire has done both.  The mechanism looks rather complex, and custom, but you could see if he can make you one/some.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ArmOnFireCustomSabers/videos/?ref=page_internal

The pong krells were for the pong in this video: General Pong Krell and the 501st Legion Invade Dave Filoni's Celebration VI

retrousse