fiduciary

Author Topic: Light dimming immediately, but sound ok? Issue with lightsaber.  (Read 939 times)

Offline Fettster777

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Light dimming immediately, but sound ok? Issue with lightsaber.
« on: October 26, 2017, 02:49:45 PM »
Hi all, first time posting on here and its because I've got an unfortunate issue.

So about 2 years ago my mom brought home a force fx lightsaber for me.  Its Anakin Skywalker's blue lightsaber.  Not sure what model.   

She got it at a garage sale for a whopping $2 from some old lady.   The metal handle was little dirty so I cleaned it up, but it worked perfectly fine.

Fast forward 2 years and its work completely fine up until this point.   For some reason when I turn it on, the blade lights up immediately as it should but suddenly dims to where there is almost no light.   The sounds, effects, and even clash effect when you strike it on something works perfectly fine.  If I continue to turn it off and on the light stays dim.  It only lights up bright as it should the first time I turn it on.  So just the light is the issue.  I've only ever used rechargeable energizer batteries in it.   I thought maybe the batteries were low so I recharged them and it still does it.  So I'm not sure what is up.   I've taken good care of it while its been mine, and have never been rough with it, but I don't know how well it was taken care of before it got to me.  It probably belonged to some kid who beat everything with it, but I find it odd that its worked fine up until this point with very little use on my part.  In fact I haven't touched it in close to 6 months before yesterday.

Just wondering if any of you know what may be causing the issue and if its a simple fix.

Thanks for any help!

Offline profezzorn

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • May the source be with you.
    • Hubbe's Corner
Re: Light dimming immediately, but sound ok? Issue with lightsaber.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 03:43:53 PM »
Try different batteries.

retrousse