fiduciary

Author Topic: ISO Jedi Name for Cosplay Character  (Read 1996 times)

Offline Jedi_Corellian

• Experienced Force User
  • There must be a balance between light and dark...
    • Kerwin Kels Productions
ISO Jedi Name for Cosplay Character
« on: August 23, 2016, 05:16:53 PM »
Hey Saberland,

I've been on the internet and found most of the auto name generators and even followed the, use first 3 letters of mother's maiden name, etc. None seem to really fit but one!
Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to come up with the best possible name for a character?

Thanks,

Mikkel :grin:

Offline Jedi_Corellian

• Experienced Force User
Re: ISO Jedi Name for Cosplay Character
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 05:29:29 PM »
Still seeking suggestions, if anyone wouldn't mind helping!

Offline Zen

• Padawan Learner
  • "I can't believe it"-" That is why you fail"
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 01:57:35 AM »
Did you try anagraming your real name and surname?
Now, that's a name I've not heard in a long time..

Offline TheBaconWizard

• Experienced Force User
  • Font artist
    • CrystalSonix
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 07:57:38 AM »
At the risk of taking things far too seriously, why not meditate on it?

Offline Greenie

• Force User
  • Pew pew!!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 01:46:59 PM »
Hey Saberland,

I've been on the internet and found most of the auto name generators and even followed the, use first 3 letters of mother's maiden name, etc. None seem to really fit but one!
Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to come up with the best possible name for a character?

Thanks,

CAUTION: If you think about it, those online name generators are just a way of cracking your passwords

Offline bruno1067

• Padawan Learner
  • Size matters not
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 05:10:03 AM »
In my opinion these generators will only give you a cool name if you are lucky. When I first saw your thread last week, it made me wonder how George Lucas came up with all Star Wars names. From what I've found on Google, he tried names that said something about the character. In Obi-Wan for example apparently has something with "Old Ben" and Obi also meaning the sash that you tie your kimono with in japanese. I've read somewhere that Darth Vader came when he was playing with the words "Dark Father".

I believe you'll have more luck this way. Think about your character, play with the words, translate them to other languages and soon you'll have a cool and meaningful name!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 05:14:13 AM by bruno1067 »

Offline BattleBorn

• No Force
  • I'm a Star Wars fan.
    • up all day creative solutions
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 07:12:41 AM »
In my opinion these generators will only give you a cool name if you are lucky. When I first saw your thread last week, it made me wonder how George Lucas came up with all Star Wars names. From what I've found on Google, he tried names that said something about the character. In Obi-Wan for example apparently has something with "Old Ben" and Obi also meaning the sash that you tie your kimono with in japanese. I've read somewhere that Darth Vader came when he was playing with the words "Dark Father".

I believe you'll have more luck this way. Think about your character, play with the words, translate them to other languages and soon you'll have a cool and meaningful name!

That's a thoughtful suggestion. Makes me want to use that process and see what comes up.

Offline TheBaconWizard

• Experienced Force User
  • Font artist
    • CrystalSonix
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 09:41:31 AM »
^agree, and indeed I am going to use it for a character I am developing for a bit of fan-fic :)

Thanks Bruno!

Offline Jedi_Corellian

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 05:13:21 PM »
Hey Saberland,

Thanks,

CAUTION: If you think about it, those online name generators are just a way of cracking your passwords
All too true...thanks for the warning!

Offline Jedi_Corellian

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 05:15:43 PM »

Thanks Bruno, much appreciate the help!

Offline dr.djcolegrove

• Force User
  • Impressive, most impressive
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 09:23:59 PM »
There are some random name generators out there too without having to input anything.   It's a definitely a lazy approach to creating a name lol

The Star Wars Name Generator: Your SWTOR Star Wars Name
VV/JQ Sabers: Starkiller; SC/VV: Qui-Gon limited edition; VV:Ardent Elite/Havoc/Hero; JQ Sabers:Graflex x2/Graflex Revisited/Lumi/Plo/Chromed Obi TPMx2/Chromed Duke; RO Sabers: Luke ANH and Rey TFA/Obi ANH/KotaV5; HARP: TFU1 SK/DM/SS/TFU2 SK/QGJ/Obi TPM; LDM: GK3/Jacen Solo; GCS: Bane/Ascend x2/Jaina Solo; SH: Force Witch x2/Padawan x2/Corran/Ahsoka pair/Luke V2/TFU2. OM/LDM: Stormtrooper/Skinnyflex; Goodman: Laceratus; FR: Gungi/Wampa/Kota/Yun/Tenel Ka/Darth Talon; NA: Darth Baras;OR: Adi Gallia/Mara Jade;MR:Sid; 89Sabers: Sid,LukeV2

retrousse