fiduciary

Author Topic: Vaders Vault REV-N Elite  (Read 15397 times)

Offline Nero Attoru

• Master Force User
  • Suns of the Force
Vaders Vault REV-N Elite
« on: April 09, 2015, 06:24:05 AM »
Just received my REV-N Elite in the mail yesterday, and I'm thrilled.  The Suncrusher Tri-Cree and RGB setup are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (most of you probably know this, but some may not).  I admit, I was skeptical about how bright a 9W RGB would be, especially considering my favorite colors are the primary ones (which only use one die).  This time, I was glad to be wrong.

Just in case you're wondering, Starkiller from VV provided the dimensions yesterday, so I'll quote him here:

10.5" long from tip to tail, 1.25" main body diameter with the rings being 1.5" and the collar 1.37

Haven't gotten many pics yet, but these show off two of my favorite colors from the 10 color profiles - lime green and red.  They're all awesome though.

Offline Wickedreamz

• Experienced Force User
Re: Vaders Vault REV-N Elite
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 06:33:12 AM »
I cant wait to buy one of these sabers...very cool

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 07:36:12 AM »
Beautiful lightsaber. Super bright colors.

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Formerly known as Bayne-Fett
  • Master Force User
  • "Dead or Alive, you’re worth Credits to me"
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 11:07:42 AM »
Very cool

Offline Professor Huyang

• Formerly known as TyFighter
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Baron
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 11:22:40 AM »
I need this in my life.
"Many years I have been on this ship teaching many a Jedi before you, and I will continue teaching many a Jedi after you. Call me what you want, but inside my memory banks I contain a record of every lightsaber ever made, and the Jedi who fashioned it."
―Huyang

Offline Pinousse

• Master Force User
  • If so powerfull you are, why leave?
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 12:35:10 PM »
Awesome!

Offline Jedi Exile

• Experienced Force User
  • I once wore the robes...
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 06:25:04 AM »
How bright are the single colors? If you get time, please post blade pics.  :)
Member of the Lost 10

Offline Nero Attoru

• Master Force User
  • Suns of the Force
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2015, 07:13:43 PM »
How bright are the single colors? If you get time, please post blade pics.  :)

Quite bright!  Very comparable to most of my other recently purchased lightsabers.  I'm working on a review now, but I'll get some blade color pics tomorrow if possible.

Offline Jedi Exile

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 04:49:38 AM »
Thank you. I've been out of the saber hobby for over a year now, and I come back and see that there's been much progress in LED tech and soundboard tech as well.

I looked at the CF 7's features and my eyes started to glaze over. I'm all for features, but that's too much, even for me, I think I'm going to just stick to the CS 2.5, LOL. All I need out of my sabers is the motion detection, flash on clash, the aux button for blaster and blade lock up effects and I'm good. Really.

Of course, if the singe die Green blades with color change are comparable to a Tri-Rebel GGW, with GG for the main blade color (W for lockup, FoC), then I might have to start seriously looking at the color mixing feature for my sabers. 8)
Member of the Lost 10

Offline Nero Attoru

• Master Force User
  • Suns of the Force
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 05:30:02 AM »
Thank you. I've been out of the saber hobby for over a year now, and I come back and see that there's been much progress in LED tech and soundboard tech as well.

I looked at the CF 7's features and my eyes started to glaze over. I'm all for features, but that's too much, even for me, I think I'm going to just stick to the CS 2.5, LOL. All I need out of my sabers is the motion detection, flash on clash, the aux button for blaster and blade lock up effects and I'm good. Really.

Of course, if the singe die Green blades with color change are comparable to a Tri-Rebel GGW, with GG for the main blade color (W for lockup, FoC), then I might have to start seriously looking at the color mixing feature for my sabers. 8)

Unfortunately I don't have a GGW to compare it to, but I can say that the green is quite bright.  None of the colors look dim at all, even the pure one-die ones (in fact, the red is my favorite on this hilt for obvious reasons).  That said, if you're not a huge color change fan and you want the absolute brightest LED possible, feel free to just get the Suncrusher LED and skip the RGB.  This was my foray into the color change option, personally.

Offline Nero Attoru

• Master Force User
  • Suns of the Force
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 04:41:03 PM »
So I did take some pics of the various blade colors, although you have to keep in mind that the camera can totally get thrown off and give an unrepresentative hue (especially when you're switching between this many colors).

Red

TORange

Yellow

Green

Blue

Cyan

OSPP (Violet/Purple)

Magenta

Silver

Lime Green

Overall they're fairly close to the real thing, although the silver has a bit more blue and the lime green is much greener.

Offline ScrimpyPIE

• Experienced Force User
  • Guardian's Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 05:06:11 PM »
The awesomeness is so strong here I'm running two drool cups here. Lol.
"Use the fork, Luke!"

"Are they friendly?" - Obi-wan Kenobi
"Depends... On how good your manners are;
and how big your  'pocket-book' is. - Dexter Jettster

Lightsaber collection-
US Raven
Mhs-based Luke RoTJ
Rebellion KotOR run x2
(Original: violet)
(Second-hand: sky blue)
OM/LDM Lego saber run
LDM Custom "Quobi"
GenesisCustom Ascend CF6 run
GenesisCustom Badaxx "Browncoat"
Personal saber "Illum" by Simpi-gon Sims
"Primum V2" by Darthvix/LDM

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2015, 01:53:38 AM »
Great review of a fantastic new VV offering...and the colour change feature is perfect for a Revan saber [one can switch from red to purple!].
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Jedi Exile

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2015, 04:52:11 AM »

Unfortunately I don't have a GGW to compare it to, but I can say that the green is quite bright.  None of the colors look dim at all, even the pure one-die ones (in fact, the red is my favorite on this hilt for obvious reasons).  That said, if you're not a huge color change fan and you want the absolute brightest LED possible, feel free to just get the Suncrusher LED and skip the RGB.  This was my foray into the color change option, personally.

Hmm, I might have to give the color change option a try. BTW, doesn't your Jacen Solo saber have a tri rebel Green LED in it?
Member of the Lost 10

Offline Nero Attoru

• Master Force User
  • Suns of the Force
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2015, 06:44:02 AM »
Great review of a fantastic new VV offering...and the colour change feature is perfect for a Revan saber [one can switch from red to purple!].

Exactly, with how many times I changed blade color in KOTOR it's a pretty ideal choice.

Hmm, I might have to give the color change option a try. BTW, doesn't your Jacen Solo saber have a tri rebel Green LED in it?

Alas, no, I foolishly didn't opt for FoC.  It's a Seoul P4, which has a nice color but hardly keeps up with the tri-rebel and tri-crees.  I've been thinking about getting it upgraded actually.

retrousse