fiduciary

Author Topic: Custom Dark Jedi (Kel Dor species) - Now a Nautolan Too!  (Read 14211 times)

Offline ShadyCanuck

• Experienced Force User
  • Member of River City Jedi
Re: Custom Dark Jedi (Kel Dor species)
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2014, 09:03:44 PM »
Thanks for posting the NBv2 wiring diagram.  I think it was really quite clever of you to keep one of the dies constantly on in the Tri-Rebel (in this case a red die) and then switch the other two back and forth between main blade color and FoC.  Well done, sir.  I salute you!
Do or do not. There is no try.

Offline Takamatsu

• Padawan Learner
  • SWTOR Sith Acolyte Costume WIP.
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 03:19:03 AM »
Thanks for posting the NBv2 wiring diagram.  I think it was really quite clever of you to keep one of the dies constantly on in the Tri-Rebel (in this case a red die) and then switch the other two back and forth between main blade color and FoC.  Well done, sir.  I salute you!
Thanks. It seemed to be the simplest solution to provide the two colour options that I wanted (other than swapping the JST connectors on the LED every time I wanted to change colour).

Luxeon III 2007 MR Darth Vader EPIV SW-218
Amber Luxeon Rebel Saber is a current WIP

Offline Takamatsu

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 01:37:54 PM »
Still tweaking this costume, I recently made a new breather and added a few small details, my son also got into the Kel Dor action when we went to a small comic con this weekend.

Here we are stood posing with Pam Rose (the photo was actually taken with her phone).

« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 01:55:21 PM by Takamatsu »

Offline Takamatsu

• Padawan Learner
Re: Custom Dark Jedi (Kel Dor species) - Now a Nautolan Too!
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2015, 01:25:15 AM »
At first I wanted to make a Dark Sided Nautolan, but as I was unsure where to start with making a latex mask I decided to try a Kel Dor species instead before trying the long lekku.
Yup, I'm quoting myself!
Mainly because when I started this Kel Dor costume in the back of my mind I always had other plans. These plans have now come to fruition and my Sith Nautolan is now complete.

He is named Darth Manta, but gets called Sith Fisto quite a lot.  ;)

And of course, being nicknamed "Sith Fisto" meant that I really should have a red bladed Kit Fisto Saber shouldn't I?

To go with the Red Bladed Sith Fisto Saber I also have my own home made yellow bladed saber.

So yeah, now I have pretty much one costume but with interchangable Head, hands, cloak and sabers. .... Now what to do next?

Offline rabbitdragon

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2015, 07:24:34 AM »
Your home made saber, got any other pictures so I could check it out better.  Thanks

Offline Sini Star

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2015, 07:51:52 AM »
Amazing work sir!  I love both masks .  Is the Sith Fisto a full mask or face paint and leikus?  That is a great looking saber you made for the Sith Fisto. 

Offline Takamatsu

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2015, 08:02:47 AM »
Amazing work sir!  I love both masks .  Is the Sith Fisto a full mask or face paint and leikus?  That is a great looking saber you made for the Sith Fisto.
It's a full face mask, made up with layers of latex on my own headform so it fits perfectly, although it does get very hot inside.
The Sith Fisto saber is just a Converted Hasbro with a NB V2 and Tri-Cree LED.

Your home made saber, got any other pictures so I could check it out better.  Thanks
I havent taken many yet, but:
Untitled by Stew Bloomfield, on Flickr

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2015, 10:19:20 AM »
Incredible, I love this mask more than the last. Which was awesome too. Great detail on the sith markings.

I didn't know Nautolans came in red :o I better keep up with the "Holocron" known as
Wooki...whatever. ;)

Not to take away from your saber for this guy awesome.

You got me wanting to know more ,back story on this guy.

I guess cause it's a mask you can't do fans. It may be something to look into. Venting with oval tubes attached a fan or two, to bring you cool air. Hey we don't want a Sith Brother to pass out!

You may use his leikus with  some type of vent painted black to look like braclet on the end for the inlet then have tube in it to blow air on you. Battery operated of coarse.

Did I say I love it!
MTFBWY

Offline Takamatsu

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2015, 04:10:45 PM »
Incredible, I love this mask more than the last. Which was awesome too. Great detail on the sith markings.

I didn't know Nautolans came in red :o I better keep up with the "Holocron" known as
Wooki...whatever. ;)

Not to take away from your saber for this guy awesome.

You got me wanting to know more ,back story on this guy.

I guess cause it's a mask you can't do fans. It may be something to look into. Venting with oval tubes attached a fan or two, to bring you cool air. Hey we don't want a Sith Brother to pass out!

You may use his leikus with  some type of vent painted black to look like braclet on the end for the inlet then have tube in it to blow air on you. Battery operated of coarse.

Did I say I love it!
MTFBWY
Thanks Darkjedi.
Well, Sith Nautolans have existed in a couple of comic book images but that's about it:

I do need to build up this characters backstory yet....

Regarding fans, I could possibly make some room within the tendrils to have some small fans in there but for now I have opened up a couple of tendrils from the inside and 'pumping' the tendril does push some cooler air inside, it's not a lot but it does provide some slight relief. I can wear the mask for a couple of hours without too much of an issue and can still drink through the mask.

Offline Mr.Brightside

• Padawan Learner
  • I aspire to one day eat chocolate without gagging.
    • Hoth Custom Sabers
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2015, 01:57:21 PM »
Looks,amazing great Job!

Offline Takamatsu

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2015, 12:19:15 PM »
Looks,amazing great Job!

Thanks mr Brightside!

I did a little more work on the saber (s), I fixed the sith marking by adding a shroud with a new bit of etching and because of the Sith etching I decided a red blade would suit it better.... then I figured two red blades is a little bit boring so turned my "Sith Fisto" saber into a yellow bladed saber.

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2015, 12:42:31 PM »
Really nice!

Offline rabbitdragon

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2015, 03:08:07 PM »
agree looks good

retrousse