fiduciary

Author Topic: TFU II Starkiller Concept Saber "TFU-GM" Run DEPOSIT THREAD!!!  (Read 103664 times)

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
Re: TFU II Starkiller Concept Saber "TFU-GM" Run DEPOSIT THREAD!!!
« Reply #225 on: September 29, 2017, 09:37:50 AM »
Hey Lumi - wondering if there are any updates on timeline? Ie, still on target to get started on shipping by end of summer, if chassis design finalized, when to expect 2nd deposit etc. Thanks!

Hi Deanna, I hope you and Alan are well!  We are almost into October. Any news on the Star Killer Trailer Concept run?  We looking at getting these this year?

Thank you.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #226 on: October 14, 2017, 02:46:30 PM »
We are working on it.  I hope to have them start shipping by the end of the year.  It will depend on how long the machining takes on the chassis.  I am hoping to have them in hand by early December but I am in the queue.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #227 on: October 17, 2017, 02:39:36 PM »
Ok, thank you. Make it the most EPIC  TFU II trailer concept saber ever and I'm sure everyone will be fine with the wait, lol!

MTFBWY.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #228 on: December 06, 2017, 07:35:42 AM »
Happy Holidays Deanna and Alan.  Any updates?  Also, in a recent video I saw  Alan being interviewed at a comic con, he said that VV offers acid aged weathering. Is this something we can discuss for the TFU II trailer concept run?

Thank you and MTFBWY.

Offline Green Ranger

• Formerly known as Darth Payne
  • Master Force User
« Reply #229 on: December 06, 2017, 08:14:19 PM »
Its been a long time. But I'm glad to see your company still kicking sabers out. Good job. Top notch.

Offline SharkyMcShark

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #230 on: December 06, 2017, 08:54:14 PM »
Happy Holidays Deanna and Alan.  Any updates?  Also, in a recent video I saw  Alan being interviewed at a comic con, he said that VV offers acid aged weathering. Is this something we can discuss for the TFU II trailer concept run?

Thank you and MTFBWY.

The last estimate for completion was that shipping was to start in September 2017. That was given after the previous estimate (Summer 2017) came and went.

Last we were told the TFU2 run had now been placed behind the upcoming TFU1 run because the chassis still needed to be designed and they wanted to try out a few of the TFU2 ideas on the TFU1 run.

As for when we'll see the TFU1s, they've been "about 2 weeks away" since December last year if you follow VV's posts on their community Facebook page, so your guess is as good as mine. I would be shocked (in a positive way) to see the TFU1s in 2017 given that another movie is about to drop, and given that the TFU2s have been placed in the queue behind the TFU1s I wouldn't expect any movement on this run for months.

It seems thatthe TFU2s have joined the TFU1, Slothfurnace collaboration, Kylo Ren replica + original crossguard, and replica armour in a long backlog of stuff that VV has been talking about for 18+ months but hasn't seen the light of day for whatever reason.

I don't work for VV so can't speak to the acid aged weather question.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #231 on: December 08, 2017, 09:38:32 AM »

Thank you and MTFBWY.

The last estimate for completion was that shipping was to start in September 2017. That was given after the previous estimate (Summer 2017) came and went.

Last we were told the TFU2 run had now been placed behind the upcoming TFU1 run because the chassis still needed to be designed and they wanted to try out a few of the TFU2 ideas on the TFU1 run.

As for when we'll see the TFU1s, they've been "about 2 weeks away" since December last year if you follow VV's posts on their community Facebook page, so your guess is as good as mine. I would be shocked (in a positive way) to see the TFU1s in 2017 given that another movie is about to drop, and given that the TFU2s have been placed in the queue behind the TFU1s I wouldn't expect any movement on this run for months.

It seems thatthe TFU2s have joined the TFU1, Slothfurnace collaboration, Kylo Ren replica + original crossguard, and replica armour in a long backlog of stuff that VV has been talking about for 18+ months but hasn't seen the light of day for whatever reason.

I don't work for VV so can't speak to the acid aged weather question.

Sithslayer1 I got your message.  The weathering we do is an acid weathering, the chemicals used are acid.  I will reach out to you before doing your weathering to discuss specifics to make sure we are on the same page.

Sharky, are you on this run?  If so and you would like a refund on your deposit please contact me.  Otherwise, it is impolite to comment on a run in which you are not a part of.  Or make aspersions to time frames.  We have offered the same to every single person on this run.  Folks who are still waiting are waiting because they know the end result is going to be spectacular.  And, it is.  Those who do not wish to wait can contact me, I am happy to refund your deposits on this run since it is way overdue.

This was a very limited run of 30 pieces that has been fraught with complications.  Most recently we parted ways with the engineer we brought on board in no large part because of issues in the chassis design that he was partially brought on to take care of.  So, unfortunately, I am having my machine shop fix the CAD issues so that they can finish production on the chassis and we can finally put this run to rest. 

This is a very special reveal chassis inside a saber that has some exterior accuracy details that to my knowledge have never been seen on a TFUII replica before which is why we have not posted pics or reveals.  I want to keep it close until they are shipping.  These are awesome, collectible pieces and I am really excited to be sharing them.

As for the Slothfurnace collaboration, we have been working closely with Sloth to make sure what we are producing accurately represents not only the Derelict saber, but also the awesome style of reveals that he is known for.  Collaborations like that take time. The replica armor is waiting for two last molds to be produced and then it will launch, hopefully early next year.  The Kylo we are working on a Parks version and I am waiting for them to arrive, they are overdue, the original Kylo is in progress but backseated to some other projects since Phoenix Props was doing their version and we felt no need to drop ours at the same time.  Our original crossguard is coming early spring. 

Perhaps you do not understand how production works with a small shop?  There is a limited amount of capital that has to be juggled for each project.  There is no way to do everything all at once unless you somehow have outside funding, which we do not.  We also, no longer take deposits on runs prior to production, so we are not "leveraging your money" like many other people doing runs are doing.  They are not putting their own money in, they are using yours to fund their runs.  WE have decided we do not want to do business that way and we produce the product first (The TFUII was an exception as it was a past run from a few years back now).  Once we have the product in hand then we are comfortable putting them up for sale.  We chose to do things this way as we have watched so many smiths fail in the hobby by getting overloaded, spending the deposit money, then running into financial crisis or health issues and not be able to fulfill their orders.  We do not want this to happen to us so we made a decision a couple of years ago to primarily close the custom log until the lion's share of orders are fulfilled, no longer take any more than a 10% deposit on customs, and not accept deposits on runs at all anymore at least for the forseeable future.  The upcoming TFUIs we have everything in house, when they go up for sale payment will be in full on the website like any other product and we will begin building them out immediately.  Target is that all ship in 6 months or less. When we finally get these chassis for the TFUIIs, the second deposit will be due at that time, we will build them out and collect that last two installments when they are ready to ship.  That is the last run happening that way for us as it has been a humbling learning experience and one we do not wish to repeat.  Hopefully this offers you some insight.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #232 on: December 08, 2017, 11:18:05 AM »
Thank you Deanna, that sounds fine. I look forward to covering specifics on the acid aged weathering when it's time.

Thank you and MTFBWY.

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #233 on: January 29, 2018, 10:23:20 AM »
Quick (sort of) update.  Finalizing the chassis design which had to be completely redone due to the incompetent engineer we had the misfortune to hire.  We are just checking final measurements and consulting with the machine shop.  It should be in production within the next couple of weeks.  I hope for an end of March delivery.  As soon as I get the OK from the machine shop that chassis are ready for pick up I will send out notice for that next deposit, so figure sometime in March for that payment request. 

We will then pick them up and start immediate installs.  Good news, they will all be coming with the new CF9  :grin:.

I know it has been a very long haul and we have said more than once that it was going to be ready soon.  I have not, in my entire career in this hobby, seen such a comedy of errors as has happened with this run.  I don't know why there have been so many issues and I wish they had not occured.

What I can tell you, is that the hilt was exquisitely manufactured by Orbital.  He did a wonderful job.  The new Crystal Focus 9 is an awesome board to drive these beautiful pieces, and the chassis we designed will more than do justice to the hilt.  This will be a high end collectible deserving of a top spot in any discerning collector's collection.

AGAIN, I realize it has been a long wait.  We are finally getting close.  BUT if you feel that you cannot wait any longer, please reach out to me and we will happily refund your deposit no hard feelings.  We do not want people to feel in any way like they are being held captive.  We have made this offer before but I want to reiterate it so that it is clear.  The run has gone on a long time.  We are sorry that has been the case but we are committed to seeing it through and making sure these are the best TFUII run sabers out there, and trust me since we announced this run there are some hard acts to follow :cheesy:.

Please if you have any questions at all reach out to me!

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #234 on: January 29, 2018, 01:57:09 PM »
Thanks for the update Deanna. Can't wait to see the finished product!

MTFBWY.

Offline Pfockerchief

• Master Force User
  • (Fa-ker-chief)
« Reply #235 on: January 31, 2018, 03:14:00 PM »
Good news.  Time to finally see this saber come to fruition.
Yoda Vintage GFIV, GFV
LDM Obi Bronzium Reveal
LDM MKVI ROTJ PC2 V2 #27
SP/LDM Sid
SJ Obi Romans Reveal
GCS CF6 CEX Asc#14/PC2 Asc AE/Custom Badaxx
OR Adi-Galia CF6
VV Luke Hero/Tempest/Wraths

Offline shardan501

• No Force
  • Yo!
« Reply #236 on: February 09, 2018, 09:15:22 PM »
YAY! :grin:
To do what is right, regardless of what is accepted...

Offline MACE WINDU

• Formerly known as Nightstorm
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Do you have a problem with purple?
« Reply #237 on: February 10, 2018, 09:08:18 AM »
Woohoo!

Offline onigiri34

• Experienced Force User
  • Swoosh Swoosh that's the sound of the saber!
« Reply #238 on: February 12, 2018, 10:57:43 PM »
So with all this, and new tech, such as CF9, are we also looking at NEOPIXELs then versus tri-cree options too?

Offline Morannon

• Force User
  • “Luminous beings are we…not this crude matter.”
« Reply #239 on: February 13, 2018, 01:22:38 PM »
So with all this, and new tech, such as CF9, are we also looking at NEOPIXELs then versus tri-cree options too?

CF9 doesn't have the option for neopixel, as Erv is working on a new CF-LS

Rebellion Run Jacen Solo
GCS Ascend

retrousse