fiduciary

Author Topic: STAR WARS: FRAMES  (Read 2930 times)

Offline Asoka Tano

• Experienced Force User
STAR WARS: FRAMES
« on: September 08, 2013, 09:15:38 AM »
I saw this for pre-order on amazon. Here's the description.

After George Lucas finished work on Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, he wanted to look back on the Star Wars saga with an entirely new point of view: isolating stills, or frames, from each of the six Star Wars films, focusing on them intensely as works of photography and design, and reproducing them in a book. For two years Lucas went through more than 150,000 frames per film, editing more than 1 million frames down to the 1,416 images that now comprise Star Wars: Frames, a testament to the hard work, craftsmanship, and dedication evident in every frame of every film. Star Wars: Frames brings together Lucas’s personal shot-by-shot selections into a lavishly designed two-volume hardcover set—one volume for the Original Trilogy and one volume for the Prequel Trilogy. For collectors and fans, Star Wars: Frames is the ultimate look on this grand project devoted to a cinematic phenomenon—and the ultimate Star Wars collector’s tome.

I'm definitely going to be picking this up. It comes out October 29th, and is $90 on pre-order.
Looks like a work of art :D
VV Kanan Jarrus ("Dume")
VV Obi Wan CW ("Negotiator")
VV Sith Acolyte

Offline DarthFM

• Force User
Re: STAR WARS: FRAMES
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 05:09:24 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Asoka - I always toyed with the idea of buying one of the limited edition sets, but was always afraid to pull the trigger and be disappointed...

At this price, it is a no brainer - and if the product is that amazing, then I'll be able to pursue the limited set :)

Cheers,

Francois

Offline Butterbean

• No Force
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 03:01:46 PM »
Got mine last week. It is beautiful....all of it. Nothing sacrificed in its build. This set weighs in at a whopping 22 lbs! This is a must have for the collector. I can finally hold Star Wars in my hands....ALL OF IT!

Offline Sanjuro

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Sanjuro Systems
    • Sanjuro Systems
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 03:13:51 PM »
Yes - I purchased as well.

Nice coffee table book...  beautiful pictures.

A definitely must have.

Respectfully,
Sanjuro
SANJURO SYSTEMS - Custom Lightsaber Stands, Custom Chassis Disks for Lightsaber builds, and other related items.

My Business - Home

Japan Lightsaber Dueling Guild, Founding Member

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Formerly known as Bayne-Fett
  • Master Force User
  • "Dead or Alive, you’re worth Credits to me"
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 04:41:22 PM »
Here, here... I just purchased the same.. Can't wait for its arrival. If Sanjuro bought then I know it's of good interest. 

Offline Mortoff

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 06:28:33 PM »

Does anyone happen to know if this new two-volume Frames has the same content as the six-volume limited edition Frames book that came out in 2010?

Star Wars: Frames Book - Insight Editions - SideshowCollectibles.com

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 09:08:52 AM »
I have the 2-volume Frames book and I was slightly disappointed by the selection of "frames" that they chose.  certain iconic shots were missing.  the shot of Luke catching the V2 lightsaber @ the sail barge -- the shot of the V2 lightsaber sitting on Palpatine's chair @ the throne room -- the shot of the V1 lightsaber in Vader's hand @ endor .. OMG! it's like they went out of their way to PREVENT me from getting a "closeup" view of the lightsabers! LOL  :P
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 09:10:58 AM by WEDGE ANTILLES »
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

retrousse