fiduciary

Author Topic: " Galaxy Class" MPP Vader ESB by JQSABERS  (Read 16771 times)

Offline Scruffy Nerf Herder

• #1 supporter of Jar Jar for EPVII main lead character
  • Master Force User
Re: " Galaxy Class" MPP Vader ESB by JQSABERS
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 01:13:17 AM »
Whaddayamean Galaxy class thats clearly a pre-refit Constitution class deflector dish...er, I mean blade plug... ;)

...seriously thats the nicest Vader I've seen in a long time, maybe ever...major Kudos and BRAVO!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had a Star Trek flash-back when I read the title!

Offline Jedi Shin

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 01:20:53 AM »
Bid £795

I think that it is the best Vader lightsaber!
Good luck Juansith!!

Offline JQsabers

• Makers of Heroes....
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • jqsabers
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 02:14:35 AM »
Whaddayamean Galaxy class thats clearly a pre-refit Constitution class deflector dish...er, I mean blade plug... ;)

...seriously thats the nicest Vader I've seen in a long time, maybe ever...major Kudos and BRAVO!

LOL, are you getting your Stars mixed up, Constitution class is Trekkie business, no need to drag us down to that level ;D

Offline JQsabers

• Makers of Heroes....
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • jqsabers
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2012, 02:16:11 AM »

LOL, are you getting your Stars mixed up, Constitution class is Trekkie business, no need to drag us down to that level ;D

Oh no, Susan has corrected me, no Galaxy class in SW!!

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2012, 02:20:31 AM »

Oh no, Susan has corrected me, no Galaxy class in SW!!

Epic Sci-Fi Geek Fail!

BTW, I noticed the Master Replicas editions have 6 bubbles on the strip and this one has 5???
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 03:35:42 AM by Scruffy Nerf Herder »

Offline ScrimpyPIE

• Experienced Force User
  • Guardian's Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2012, 04:47:44 AM »
Super sick saber!!! I also thought of ST when I saw "Galaxy Class" lol. IMHO I'd call it the "Executor", in honor of Lord Vader's flagship; but no biggie. :) Regardless, it's still my favorite Vader, nice job!
"Use the fork, Luke!"

"Are they friendly?" - Obi-wan Kenobi
"Depends... On how good your manners are;
and how big your  'pocket-book' is. - Dexter Jettster

Lightsaber collection-
US Raven
Mhs-based Luke RoTJ
Rebellion KotOR run x2
(Original: violet)
(Second-hand: sky blue)
OM/LDM Lego saber run
LDM Custom "Quobi"
GenesisCustom Ascend CF6 run
GenesisCustom Badaxx "Browncoat"
Personal saber "Illum" by Simpi-gon Sims
"Primum V2" by Darthvix/LDM

Offline djkibaman

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2012, 04:52:48 AM »

hunting Unicorns one day at time...

• Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2012, 05:01:10 AM »

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2012, 06:02:19 AM »
After a conversation with JQsabers and sorting out some confusion, the deadline for this auction will be extended to

July 2 10:00:00pm EST time.

Last bid will be djkibaman' 805
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=36478.msg493510#msg493510
I will be removing the rest shortly. Everyone who bid will receive a copy of this PM.
I feel this to be fairest as the early call may have caused some to stop bidding, while others pressed on.

I will run the show from here, and we will adopt Wat's Rules for forum auctions at this point

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=35211.msg476431#msg476431
With the problems that arose in the auction for the second saber last night, I am amending the auction rules regarding ending time for this final auction.

I honestly had not considered the problems that could arise when a person tries to make a last minute bid and gets the '...while you were posting, someone else posted...' message that would delay their bid.  So, to try and make it a little more fair, here is what I am going to do.

The auction will now end at 8:00 PM MST on Wed the 21st (that is tomorrow night instead of tonight).  This will give people a chance to read these new rules and make sure everyone is on the same page.  I do not feel it would be right to change the rules with just a little over 12 hours left on the auction.  So I am extending the ending time by 24 hours.

At 8:00 PM MST on Wed the 21st, bidding will conclude.  But I will allow 'final' bids after that time as long as they fall within a short enough interval between bids.  Bidding will end once a five minute interval has passed between any two bids after the 8:00 PM end time.

For example, member X posts his bid of 1750 at 7:59:53.  Member Z posts his bid of 1825 at 7:59:55 but gets the recent post message and by the time he resubmits his bid, the time shows 8:00:12.  I would still accept the late bid. 

I will not say that once you place a bid after the 8:00 PM MST deadline, you are forbidden to post another bid.  The reason being, I think it might be abused and someone may wait until a member posts his 'final' bid after the 8:00 deadline and then decides to outbid him by a dollar.  I will let bidding continue as long need be after the 8:00 PM MST deadline so long as the bids keep coming in succession.  Once a 5 minute interval has passed (this allows everyone to refresh the page, post a bid, repost if neccessary and see their post) between two bids, the bidding will end.

Following on with the previous example.  Member Z posted his 1825 bid at 8:00:12.  Member Q also had a problem posting his bid at 7:59:58 and his bid of 1800 was posted at 8:00:16.  Member Q sees his bid posted after 8:00 and it is not the winning bid.  He then posts a new bid of 1850 at 8:00:45.  He is now the leading bid even though he posted after 8:00 PM.  This may continue for several minutes with various members posting, reposting, and refreshing.  Member A posts his bid of 1945 at 8:07:36 and he is now the high bidder.  All other bidders have decided they have reached their limit.  Now, if one of two things happens, the auction ends.  If more than 5 minutes passes after member A's bid of 1945 and no one else makes a bid, the auction ends and member A is the winner.  Or if member X decides he can swing a little more and posts a bid of 1950 at 8:12:52 it will have been more than 5 minutes and his bid will not count.

I am trying to be as fair as possible. I realize this forum is not Ebay, but I want to give customers as much of a chance as possible. 

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Darth Zannah

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2012, 12:36:12 PM »
Great job Jango! Keep the rules between the lines! :-)

Offline Juansith

• Master Force User
  • The Leeroy Jenkins of the bidding wars
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2012, 12:39:20 PM »
Bid 809

Offline scottjua

• Master Force User
    • Scott and Tem Photography
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2012, 01:42:16 PM »
This saber is awesome. But how on earth is this still going? It was pretty clear that Juan won this to me.

We need a new format for auctions.

Hasbro Darth Vader Removable Blade
OR Qui Gon CFLS w/Makoto Green
MR Luke V2 LE
MR Qui Gon LE
EFX Ahsoka
Real Parts Obi Wan ANH (90%)

Offline Juansith

• Master Force User
  • The Leeroy Jenkins of the bidding wars
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 01:45:03 PM »
What can i say man, this isnt the most civilized age, clearly.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 01:51:18 PM »
I know I can't please everyone, but this was the best solution to give everyone a chance to try again with a clear deadline and allowances for late comers.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline scottjua

• Master Force User
    • Scott and Tem Photography
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 01:57:06 PM »
I won't post anymore in this thread after this as I don't want to taint the thread but I don't see how it's fair at all for Juan. Now the bids have risen well above what he/we all thought he won it for. So now if he really wants it he has to bid even higher and higher when it should have been done and shipped by now (figuratively speaking).

If it was a bidding war and timing screwed up wouldn't it be prudent to ask the losin party if he/she intended to concede at that point?

Hasbro Darth Vader Removable Blade
OR Qui Gon CFLS w/Makoto Green
MR Luke V2 LE
MR Qui Gon LE
EFX Ahsoka
Real Parts Obi Wan ANH (90%)

retrousse