fiduciary

Author Topic: Mace FX impressions  (Read 10045 times)

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
Mace FX impressions
« on: March 21, 2006, 07:48:32 PM »
Well, I finally received the Mace FX that I won Friday night back in February during the MR Trivia game.  ;D

The Hilt :

Like others have said, this has got to be THE prettiest hilt MR has ever done. Just the right amount of BLING, without going over the top. It makes you want to take a cloth to it and polish it up every time you put it down, lol.

As far as the size is concerned, I really can't understand why people complain about it's size, I have small hands and I think this is one of the most comfortable sabers I have held yet. But then again, I can handle my Luke ESB just fine so that might have a little to do with it.  :P The rubber grips were an excellent touch, and in my honest opinion, the grips on the Anakin ROTS, Luke ESB, and both Vaders should have had the same rubber texture. But that's just my opinion. Definitely one of the best looking and feeling hilts in the MR line.

The Blade :

Now I have heard that the AOTC version wasn't that good of a purple color, but this one MR did pretty xxx good on considering it doesn't even have purple LED's in the blade. The only down side to it is the red lines on either side of the blade, but I can overlook that because the splotches that seem to plague most if not just about all of the MR line is hardly noticeable on this example that I have.

I really love the blade because of it's uniqueness as it's the only purple blade in the MR line and the only purple saber in the SW movies, period.

The Sound :

They say that they made the sound louder on this version V.S. the AOTC and I cannot dissagree. It is easily as loud as the Luke ROTJ and Anakin ROTS.  8)

The blade motion sounds are overly sensitive, in my opinion. The slightest movement sets it off, and it shouldn't be that way.  In contrast, it seems to take a bit more to set off the clash sounds than the other sabers I have. Why this is, I am not sure. It may just be mine, or perhaps it is common on this version.

All in all, I am very pleased with this saber and I love swinging it around in the living room with the lights off. When I look at it in the mirror, it looks very real which is really cool.

Obviously, I can't beat what I paid for it, which is NOTHING since I won this from the MR trivia, but I would gladly have paid the $100+ price tag, and I can say it's worth what they are asking for it.

If you can get one, then by all means, get yourself one before they become scarce. This saber belongs in ANY StarWars collection.  :)

-Kyp
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 03:49:19 AM by Kyp Duron »

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
Re: Mace FX impressions
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 11:20:29 AM »
I would also like to point out that there is absolutely NO dark spots on this blade what-so-ever. Something that I forgot to mention in my original post. Is anyone else's Mace ROTS this way, or do I happen to have an uber-rare example?  ???

10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 05:03:52 PM »
thats odd

Nothing Is Impossible

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 05:06:45 PM »
I know, the only thing that is there is the typical red lines on the sides, but they aren't that bad.

And NO typical dark spot from where the two boards are supposed to be soldered together.  ;D

Needless to say, it is my most flawless saber and my favorite for that reason.  :) 8)

Offline Darth Torment

• Sith Lord Formerly Known As DARTH TORMENT
  • Experienced Force User
  • Darth Plagueis The Wise . . .
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 05:17:05 PM »
I like this saber too- my least favortie of the 4 I have, but still one u gotta own- i agree that the hilt is very very nice to look at

DT

Visit The Citadel Of Darth Plagueis The Wise (buy/sell/trade thread):
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=3817.msg64943#msg64943

Proud member of Snowtroopers.ca. Check my profile.

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 05:19:15 PM »
Does yours have the typical dark spots like on the other sabers?

Offline Dark Skywalker

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 05:26:26 PM »
my cousin's does

Nothing Is Impossible

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 05:29:38 PM »
Hmm...I guess Amy sent me a perfect specimen then, lol.  8)

Offline Dark Skywalker

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 05:30:08 PM »
Lucky.........

Nothing Is Impossible

Offline Darth Torment

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 05:34:49 PM »
Does yours have the typical dark spots like on the other sabers?
no- none of my sabers have spots besides teh anakin -a faint one in the middle that i think they all have from the seperation of the LED boards in the pole..
besides that my Luke Mace and Vader are all crystal...
then again i dont duel with my sabers AT ALL....never have so that may be why also

DT
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 05:36:42 PM by Darth Torment »

Offline Dark Skywalker

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2006, 05:36:04 PM »
All crystal huh? sounds cool

Nothing Is Impossible

Offline Darth Torment

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2006, 05:37:35 PM »

hahha i meant all crystal as in 'clear' -crystal clear  :P
no spots

DT

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2006, 05:38:59 PM »
Yeah, my Luke ROTJ is much better since I got all good batteries for it, and my used Vader ESB is crystal like the Mace except for the flickering LED that lights up and goes dark...hopefully MR will send me another one.

Offline Darth Torment

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2006, 05:39:54 PM »
yeah true...battery issues account for a lot of the 'spotty' issues

DT

Offline Dark Skywalker

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2006, 05:40:38 PM »

hahha i meant all crystal as in 'clear' -crystal clear  :P
no spots

DT

I thought you meant crystal as in lightsaber crystals ::) :D

Nothing Is Impossible

retrousse