fiduciary

Author Topic: 18K Gold Master Replicas Special Edition Force FX Lightsaber MR  (Read 10957 times)

Offline Mersenne

• Master Force User
18K Gold Master Replicas Special Edition Force FX Lightsaber MR
« on: December 29, 2009, 06:02:40 PM »
Mods and Admins
I've searched the forums for a mention of this and as I couldn't locate any, I thought I'd post for all to marvel at
Please move if needed

Check this out
it sold on eBay 07 Dec -- for US$1669.00 -- any one here own it and not telling?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390123951200&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

here's some pictures from that listing and the description, I can upsize them if needed

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Master Replicas Special Edition Force FX Lightsaber

18K Gold Plated Special Commemorative Edition

This is a very special commemorative edition18K gold plated Force FX lightsaber from Master Replicas. This is NOT for sale on the market. The edition size is only 50 and is going to the key people that helped making the FX lightsabers such a success. The CEO of Corgi International (was Master Replicas) Michael Cookson said "I wanted you to have this special Commemorative Edition Force FX Light Saber as show of my appreciation."

This special edition lightsaber is plated in 18K gold. In addition, MR have added a red 1 Watt LED at the bottom of the regular 64 LED blade so that when the unit is turned on, you see a more intense light at the bottom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I quite like the idea of a 1 watt at the bottom to give it that extra glow and had even thought of trying something like this.
I might give it a go on my Obi Wan TPM, but we'll see

ENJOY
(yes, that's green with envy)
it's all Elemental

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
Re: 18K Gold Master Replicas Special Edition Force FX Lightsaber MR
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 06:08:58 PM »
I remember someone posting on this one before, but its been a while ago. It went back up for sale again last year if I'm not mistaken, but no one here bought it that admitted to it anyways. Gold or not I can't see myself paying that much for a MR lol.

Offline holygrunt33

• No Force
  • Sith Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 06:19:48 PM »
i have to agree with Gius thats a ridiculus price for any MR saber but still very nice if  it were converted to a luxeon
The force is very strong in that one.
There has always been two, a master, and an apprentice never more, but never less

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 07:55:19 PM »
I posted an Ebay auction in Europe of one of those.

If you own one, DO NOT TOUCH IT.

I am telling you, that is a very rare piece. Wedge could tell you more about it than I can, but they were limited gifts to high executives at MR. They are quite limited and very valuable. They were also given away in contests according to my googlefu.

http://forcefx.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=mr&thread=4751&page=1#69416
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 08:07:38 PM by Caden »

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 08:54:39 PM »
That would SOOOO match my solid gold toilet seat and my solid gold PS3....

Covering something in gold does not make it more desirable to me :)
Thanks for sharing the find I needed a good laugh.

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline wookieecrisp

• Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee Win!
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 09:12:19 AM »
:D You think that's crazy? How 'bout this: http://stuarthughes.com/newdawn/product_info.php?products_id=59.

Offline The Highwayman

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 09:16:55 AM »
:D You think that's crazy? How 'bout this: http://stuarthughes.com/newdawn/product_info.php?products_id=59.

I just bought one. I can't wait till it gets here! I'll post a full review!

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline wookieecrisp

• Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee Win!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 09:22:37 AM »

I just bought one. I can't wait till it gets here! I'll post a full review!

Oh, you're so lucky! I'd prefer something more like this: http://stuarthughes.com/newdawn/product_info.php?products_id=57

Offline The Highwayman

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 09:27:02 AM »
When those are released, I'll buy two and send you one. ;D ;D

Seriously though, who would spend that on a gaming system, or anything else like that? I'm too practical for that. Functionality over looks any day. I mean, you can't exactly upgrade when the new systems come out, so you're stuck with an antiquated system that tarnishes. ;D

Offline wookieecrisp

• Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee Win!
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 09:33:01 AM »
When those are released, I'll buy two and send you one. ;D ;D

Seriously though, who would spend that on a gaming system, or anything else like that? I'm too practical for that. Functionality over looks any day. I mean, you can't exactly upgrade when the new systems come out, so you're stuck with an antiquated system that tarnishes. ;D

:D :D Agreed.

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 02:13:32 AM »
Covering something in gold does not make it more desirable to me :)
Yeah, especially women. ::) :D (emphasis added in quote)

Seriously...why do people want things like this?
I mean, I can empathize with wanting lightsabers...but gold plated ones? ???

Offline Master Dai Bendu

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009, 09:06:21 AM »
From the standpoint of a collector, it's pretty cool. Not in any way practical (even less so than your "regular" sabers)

Offline Delmustator

• BLADE RUNNER
  • Master Force User
    • ButtryNET
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 07:03:53 AM »
Items like this are for people with more money than IQ. There is nothing limited about this saber (other than the fact of it's very short run). At most, I'd give it a value of $500. It's nothing more than a regular FX saber that has been GOLD PLATED (would probably turn green) and an additional 1 watt led.

Now if it were built by Yoda, had a CF4.x inside and was gold plated inside and out. And was limited to around 50 copies with serial number and Actor signed CoA. Maybe then it would be worth $1000.
-Del

Terminators are people too....

retrousse