fiduciary

Author Topic: The gold on the MR Mace Windu Force FX  (Read 4987 times)

Offline Hyonheart

• No Force
The gold on the MR Mace Windu Force FX
« on: March 22, 2009, 07:53:56 PM »
I recently purchased a MR Mace and am now waiting for its arrival.

I've seen a lot of comments on how the gold becomes discolored and/or fades (simply by touching?), and I definitely do not want that to happen to my saber.

What can I do to keep the gold from ever getting discolored or faded? Has anyone found a good way to remedy this problem?

The only thing I could think of is to wear gloves whenever handling the Mace, but will that even work? Or will the gold end up fading no matter how it's touched?

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
Re: The gold on the MR Mace Windu Force FX
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 10:17:33 PM »
Clear coat sealer...

Offline Maximillian

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Experienced Force User
  • Official FX-SABERS GRAFLEX ARMORY Guardian
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 10:28:18 PM »
Right on DT ;)  If I may add to be sure to disassemble the hilt first before you spray - naturally.

Offline Hyonheart

• No Force
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 11:14:06 PM »
Thanks for the advice.  :)

Hopefully I don't screw up if/when I try to put the sealer on. I've never tried anything like it before.  :-X

Offline Silkvein

• Junkyard Sabersmith
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 10:05:48 AM »
does anyone have a copy of the mace diy kit pdf for this man?  I have a feeling it would help a lot, and prevent any major mishaps.

Peace,
Silkvein

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 10:37:47 AM »
Or you can do what I did after my paint wore off.   Take it apart and repaint all the gold pieces using Metallic Acrylic enamel gold spray paint by Plasti-Kote in the rattle can that you can buy at Wally World.  Just make sure you get a sealer for it.  I forgot to and as you can see the paint has sorta come off on the main gold button.

I plan to hunt down another Mace saber and once I buy it I'll do the same thing to it.  Trust me though it does look much better than the ugly shiny gold that MR did for the saber.

Here's a couple of pictures of the saber and one of the can itself.

Edit: It's easy to take the saber apart, even the gold buttons.  All though the gold buttons you may have to glue back on using super glue.

retrousse