fiduciary

Author Topic: !~Review You've all been waiting for... Mace Windu ROTS 2005~!  (Read 21466 times)

Offline Mace101

• Padawan Learner
  • I am your master, Mace Windu.
!~Review You've all been waiting for... Mace Windu ROTS 2005~!
« on: November 11, 2005, 07:42:08 PM »
Ahem... hello. I've been saying before that I'd post a review of my Mace as soon as I got it. Well, luckily, I am posting it now, since my saber came about 5 hours ago.

Mace Windu ROTS 2005 Force FX Lightsaber:

Ahh, Jedi Master Mace Windu. He is on the Jedi Council, and is said to be second in line after Yoda. Mace Windu's lightsaber was first seen in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. It was a powerful weapon, a weapon of a true Jedi warrior. Solid chrome with gold and black rubber surrounding most of the saber. It was truly a magnificent saber to stare at, but to hold it is much different. Here is a pic of the complete hilt in daylight:

Yes, as you can see, most of the hilt is polished chrome. Although, in the middle, there is a part with gold, and little bumps that surround the rings. I believe it is basic 14K gold platted around 10-20 times, making it useful, but eventually, it will ware off if gloves aren't used. On the opposite side of the three gold triangles is a hard rubber piece tht has little raised lines going through it. The bottom has the buckle for the belt, and the copyright sign appears on the side of the black rubber tubes. Although, the hilt has a hefty weight to it. It's not as heavy as you would think, but it still can get you when dueling. It's not so big actually. It's about as large as the other ones, it is just big all around.

Here are some more pics of the hilt:

Now for the color and brightness. The color isn't light purple like you all say. ON my saber, it's actually a normal purple, not too dark, and not too light. Suprisingly, there is very little blotchiness at all. On camera you can see it, but in real life, it's not like that at all. I heard that MR said it was too expensive for purple LEDS, so they used blue and red fused. Brightness wise, it's just as bright as my ESB Luke. It really glows a nice purple in darkness, or at Dusk outside it can have a beautiful color combined with the magnificent hilt. Here is a pic of it in normal daylight:

Now, as for the sound. The sound is exactly the same as the other sabers, except you can hear a delightfu crispiness on this one. I like it, it sounds excellent. The clash sounds seem to be relly clear, and the hum sounds nice. After dueling for a while, the sound keeps up and doesen't get blurry. It's really nice because it's also pretty sensitive. So hitting it softly will activate the sounds. And this one doesen't skip like the others. It picks the sounds at random, whereas the others start about the 1st 10 or 15 the same. And unlike the others, it doesen't do 2 of the same in a row usually. That was a bad part of the others, but not this one.

Here is a full pic of complete darkness with the saber on:

Overall, the saber to me is completely PERFECT. In every way it looks and feels flawless. The polished chrome is amazingly shiny, and it feels great to hold. The rubber is comfortable to grip, and it doesen't get squishy. The sound is perfectly crisp. It's just the right volume, not too loud, and not too soft. The AOTC was wayyy too soft, and it would get blurry. The light on this one is perfect. It's super bright, but not eye hurting bright. The color shines perfect purple, not loo light, nor too dark. This saber is a must have for any Star Wars collector.

Sound: 10.0
Hilt:9.9
Brightness:9.7
Color:10.0

Here is another pic:

"In the name of the Galactic Republic of the Senate, You are under arrest."- Mace Windu, Episode 3.

Offline Mr.Griffin

• Master Force User
  • mmmmm... Star Wars
    • Family Guy Stuff
Re: !~Review You've all been waiting for... Mace Windu ROTS 2005~!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 07:43:43 PM »
Great work!  8)
{[][][][]--{}================

(((FORMALLY MR.GRIFFIN)))

Offline Mace101

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 07:46:23 PM »
Gracias.

I was suprised that my saber was more purple than expected.
"In the name of the Galactic Republic of the Senate, You are under arrest."- Mace Windu, Episode 3.

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 07:50:06 PM »
Very good! 
Indeed the Blade does look a bit different.

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline Darth Eunice

• SAVANT TOGRUTA, SAGE OF YORE
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 07:51:15 PM »
nice review and pictures!
it looks very cool
i like the blade color
May the Force be with you! :D

Offline Mace101

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 07:53:21 PM »
You guys are good folks around here...

I applaud you all with the niceness award.

Yes, to my suprise the blade was a beautiful color.

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 08:18:48 PM »
Great pictures, especially the beautiful ones of it lit.

Offline The Abbot

• Master of the Jar'Kai Style
  • Master Force User
  • Lajedi.com ,Force-Fx.com Founder
    • http://www.Force-Fx.com
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 12:29:25 AM »
Defiantly a big improvement from the old AOTC Mace. ;)
LaserBlade:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/laserblade/id608879483?mt=8

The poster formerly known as Kit Fisto. Creator of the Force-FX sig style. Master of the 2 saber staff style way before Pong Krell

Offline trexy

• General of the Old Republic
  • Master Force User
  • At last we will have revenge!
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2005, 03:07:50 AM »
Very good review!
i like the 1rst picture with they saber ignited in normal day light ;)

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2005, 06:13:34 AM »
Nice review. Looks much better than the older version, more brightness on the blade and better color. The old blade seemed more like a white blade with light glimmering purple, but this new colorfulness, takes my breath away. Nice looking pics btw.  :o

Offline Mace101

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2005, 06:25:20 AM »
Oh yes,

It is brighter than the last. I heard that it was the same blade, but then I compared it to my AOTC Mace and I said no way. It's definintly a new blade with more purple in it.

The sound is perfect, and the blade is ultra durable so far.

Offline trexy

• General of the Old Republic
  • Master Force User
  • At last we will have revenge!
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2005, 06:32:16 AM »
Is it really brighter or just more purplish color

Offline Mace101

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2005, 06:34:24 AM »
Suprisingly, it was actually brighter than the AOTC. I compared the two right next to each other, and this was brighter.

I shall take a pic of the comparison, but I have a burnt out LED in my other one. But this one is truly brighter.

Offline jack3auer

• Do or Do Not there is No Try
  • Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2005, 07:06:51 AM »
thanks i have been waiting for your review with eager anticipation since you mentioned you'd do it the other day.  great work BTW

I am expecting a mace in next couple of weeks and am even more excited after reading this review.

nice one Mace

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2005, 07:11:06 AM »
Are both sabers using a batch of fresh batteries, or something close to being fresh?  Cause a worn down set could cause the difference.

May The Force FX Be With You!

retrousse