fiduciary

Recent Posts

Questions/Comments / Re: This Forum is Dead
« Last post by Maverick Hunter on Today at 05:44:30 PM »
Yeah, I suppose you're right.

How about this

- As part of a saber build member of the forums you will be required to be responsive to your threads, and not be absent from the forums for more than x days in a row?

yea? or a bit much?
« Last post by RyDiddy on Today at 05:41:58 PM »
Good question....

Either require these members to maintain a presence here, or yes bring in new ones.
Otherwise what is the point?

I definitely agree with you on this point.  Iím not sure there are any active members of either the mining colony or GUILD who are currently accepting commissions.  Iím fairly sure itís been that way for quite a while.
« Last post by Darth Smorgis on Today at 05:39:17 PM »
Good question....

Either require these members to maintain a presence here, or yes bring in new ones.
Otherwise what is the point?
« Last post by Maverick Hunter on Today at 05:32:47 PM »
For me, this thread is not about the time frame of current saber runs.  It is about the lack of attention and participation from the members who are supposed to have a presence here.
Yes certain runs have taken much longer than expected to come to completion, but that is not what has caused the downfall of this forum.
If you have outgrown this forum and prefer speaking to the masses through facebook (which is fine), then pass the torch to others who would like to continue to promote FX-Sabers Forum and the great community we had and still have here.

I agree, but just one question? How could these individuals "pass the torch"? Do you mean removing the inactive guild members and bringing in new ones?
« Last post by Darth Smorgis on Today at 05:28:20 PM »
For me, this thread is not about the time frame of current saber runs.  It is about the lack of attention and participation from the members who are supposed to have a presence here.
Yes certain runs have taken much longer than expected to come to completion, but that is not what has caused the downfall of this forum.
If you have outgrown this forum and prefer speaking to the masses through facebook (which is fine), then pass the torch to others who would like to continue to promote FX-Sabers Forum and the great community we had and still have here.
« Last post by Pfockerchief on Today at 05:23:46 PM »
It seems like a lot, but not all, of the long runtime comments are directed towards a particular Guild member. Of his runs that Iíve seen, he takes deposits in phases as he progresses. So, not all money is taken at once and in a way you are getting updates. Those runs may take awhile, but they are some of the best sabers in my collection. I would have no problem joining another one of his runs. You just need to be aware of the time that the run may take and accept it. For lesser quality builds, I maybe less understanding.

Yes, I agree his work is the best and worth the wait.  Thatís why Iím still on them :).  Trust me Iím aware.  However, itís fairly typically for these to run waaaay past original estimates, which I guess is becoming standard.

Anyway, thatís not really the biggest issue with this forum at this point.
« Last post by Yoda on Today at 05:13:13 PM »
Hello everyone

Got some good PM messages from people wanting to help bring new life back to the forums
and definitely look forward to working with those who want to make things better :cool:

MTFBWY
always
YODA
« Last post by Forgetful Jedi Knight on Today at 04:12:15 PM »
Yoda. Iíll send you a PM when I get a chance.
« Last post by fonzie on Today at 04:08:55 PM »
It seems like a lot, but not all, of the long runtime comments are directed towards a particular Guild member. Of his runs that Iíve seen, he takes deposits in phases as he progresses. So, not all money is taken at once and in a way you are getting updates. Those runs may take awhile, but they are some of the best sabers in my collection. I would have no problem joining another one of his runs. You just need to be aware of the time that the run may take and accept it. For lesser quality builds, I maybe less understanding.
« Last post by Yoda on Today at 02:54:34 PM »
While Iím not that long of a standing a member I do remember how vibrant the community was years ago.  I owe most of what I learned about custom led sabers from this very forum.  I am very grateful for that.

I agree with almost all points here as to why this forum is fading....

-Non-active moderators and guild members
-No direct picture hosting capabilities
-Mods that ARE active appear to be ďset in their waysĒ and simply point new members to the RULES...not new member friendly
-Long standing runs started here that have simply been shoved lower in priority as mass production needs from vendors,TCSS etc have taken foothold
-Banning of members over what may have been antiquated guild rules.

I hold the utmost respect for Yoda and what he started/created here and would love to see this forum adapt.

Thank you for that Pfockerchief it helps to bullet point the things that are most relevant and need to be addressed :cool: