fiduciary

Recent Posts

New information: With a battery at 3.8V connected directly to the charger it starts charging. With the same battery (at 3.8V) installed in the saber and the simple charging blade, the charger won't initiate a charge. We double checked the wiring and it's good. Is there any chance the FETs or the 5V boost supply (or other things on the saber board that are connected to BAT+ and BAT-) could be interfering with the charger?

The simple charging blade connects the charger directly to the battery, without connecting the FETs or running the electronics, so there shouldn't be any possibility of any interference. The fancy charging blade runs the electronics and hooks up an LED or two, which can potentially interfere, but that's not what you have, right?

When you say you checked the connections, did you check it all the way from the charge connector to the battery? (through the blade connector)
New information: With a battery at 3.8V connected directly to the charger it starts charging. With the same battery (at 3.8V) installed in the saber and the simple charging blade, the charger won't initiate a charge. We double checked the wiring and it's good. Is there any chance the FETs or the 5V boost supply (or other things on the saber board that are connected to BAT+ and BAT-) could be interfering with the charger?
New Ideas and Technologies / Re: Charger issues
« Last post by KanyonKris on Today at 11:40:16 AM »
Does it work if you hook it up to a plain battery?
It's not hooked up backwards I hope?
Also check the connections on the charging connector, it's easy to hook it up to the wrong pins which makes it do nothing.
We are connecting straight to the battery in an 18650 holder.
Not backwards, we checked polarity.
Also checked the barrel connector and I think it's correct - center hole positive, outside barrel negative. I determined this by putting a meter on the charger plug (it doesn't output a continuous voltage, but it does pulse).
With a battery at 3.9V the charger started and completed a charge cycle, bringing the battery up to 4.2V. I'm confused by the charger being finicky and not always initiating a charge cycle.
Hello, I'm completing the various connections on the card, I inserted the jack in the R.I.C.E. and it does not work. I tried to do 100 tests, but nothing to do. Then, after several months, I connected my first lightsaber (which has always worked with R.I.C.E.) but this time: nothing! It does not even work with the first sword! Help, what does it depend on? the USB cable is stored with the utmost care. :cry:
Thank you for your help.
New Ideas and Technologies / Re: Charger issues
« Last post by profezzorn on Today at 10:23:35 AM »
Profezzorn, we're have problems with charging. We bought the Li-ion charger you linked from TCSS. With the battery at 4.0V the charger didn't start a charge cycle, but we chalked this up to the charger determining that the battery is not low enough. But it also won't start charging with the battery at 3.8V, and we don't understand this. Any ideas?

Does it work if you hook it up to a plain battery?
It's not hooked up backwards I hope?
Also check the connections on the charging connector, it's easy to hook it up to the wrong pins which makes it do nothing.
New Ideas and Technologies / Charger issues
« Last post by KanyonKris on Today at 10:19:50 AM »
Profezzorn, we're have problems with charging. We bought the Li-ion charger you linked from TCSS. With the battery at 4.0V the charger didn't start a charge cycle, but we chalked this up to the charger determining that the battery is not low enough. But it also won't start charging with the battery at 3.8V, and we don't understand this. Any ideas?
Happy New Year Everyone!!!! I wanted to wish everyone well and let you know that I am still available for Saber installs. Please contact me for information on builds. You can also view my pricing here in the Mining Colony.

Thank You,
Lord Bane
Questions/Comments / Re: Anakin ROTS hilt
« Last post by TheUnchosenOne on Today at 09:57:06 AM »
I believe Ultimate Works is working on one for later this year.
Lightsabers / Re: FS: VV Tempest CS4 'Sky Blue' $450 Must Sell
« Last post by brthegreat117 on Today at 08:01:07 AM »
Bump
Wanted / Re: Neopixel Blade
« Last post by SpaceWindu on Today at 06:53:27 AM »
Message Spacewindu

Thanks Morannon :)

Hey Nick, I have some ready to ship, but not with TCSS connector. However I do have some TCSS connectors in stock and can wire you up a blade compatible with your saber. Hit me up to talk about it.