A: The blades of most of the sabers are constructed from 64 individually sequenced LED lights inside a polycarbonate tube. The early sabers (Original Luke ROTJ and Anakin AOTC) are the only ones that do not use the LED blades. These two sabers use an EL or Electro-Luminescent blade.
Due to some ongiong confusion with selecting names... The Following Names are reserved and cannot be used in whole. Screen Names are also not allowed to be in ALL CAPS, unless mixed with numbers and does not create a legible name.
ACCEPTABLE = J@NG0, Jango333 or D@N1EL, Daniel111
NOT ACCEPTABLE = JANGO OR JANGO333, DANIEL or DANIEL111
Any violations will be changed. Aayla Secura Aayla-Secura Aayla_Secura AaylaSecura MasterAaylaSecura Master Aayla Secura JediMasterAaylaSecura Jedi Master Aayla Secura Adi Gallia Adi-Gallia Adi_Gallia AdiGallia MasterAdiGallia Master Adi Gallia JediMasterAdiGallia Jedi Master Adi Gallia Agen Kolar Agen-Kolar Agen_Kolar AgenKolar MasterAgenKolar Master Agen Kolar JediMasterAgenKolar Jedi Master Agen Kolar Anakin Skywalker Anakin-Skywalker Anakin_Skywalker AnakinSkywalker MasterSkywalker Master Skywalker Master-Skywalker Master_Skywalker MasterAnakinSkywalker Master Anakin Skywalker JediMasterAnakinSkywalker Jedi Master Anakin Skywalker Jedi-Master-Anakin-Skywalker Jedi_Master_Anakin_Skywalker Barriss Offee BarrissOffee MasterBarrissOffee Master Barriss Offee JediMasterBarrissOffee Jedi Master Barriss Offee Bail Organa Senator Bail Organa Boba Fett Boba_Fett Boba-Fett Bobafett C3PO C3P0 C3-PO C3-P0 C-3PO C-3P0 Chewbacca Count Dooku Count-Dooku Count_Dooku CountDooku Lord Tyranus LordTyranus Lord Tyrannus Lord_Tyrannus LordTyrannus Lord Dooku Lord_Dooku LordDooku Darth Maul Darth-Maul Darth_Maul DarthMaul Lord Maul Lord-Maul Lord_Maul LordMaul Darth Sidious Darth-Sidious Darth_Sidious DarthSidious Lord Sidious LordSidious Sidious Darth Vader Darth-Vader Darth_Vader DarthVader Lord Darth Vader LordDarthVader Lord Vader Lord-Vader Lord_Vader LordVader Vader Emporer Palpatine Emporer_Palpatine Emporer-Palpatine EmporerPalpatine Senator Palpatine SenatorPalpatine Chancellor Chancellor Palpatine Chancellor_Palpatine Palpatine HanSolo Han_Solo Han-Solo Jango Fett Jango_Fett Jango-Fett Jangofett Ki-Adi-Mundi KiAdiMundi Ki Adi Mundi Ki_Adi_Mundi MasterKiAdiMundi Master Ki-Adi-Mundi JediMasterKiAdiMundi Jedi Master Ki-Adi-Mundi Kit Fisto Kit-Fisto Kit_Fisto KitFisto MasterKitFisto Master Kit Fisto Master_Kit_Fisto JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Master Kit Fisto Jedi-Master-Kit-Fisto Jedi_Master_Kit_Fisto Luke Skywalker Luke-Skywalker Luke_Skywalker LukeSkywalker MasterSkywalker Master Skywalker Master _Skywalker MasterLukeSkywalker Master Luke Skywalker Master_Luke_Skywalker JediMasterLukeSkywalker Jedi Master Luke Skywalker Jedi-Master-Luke-Skywalker Jedi_Master_Luke_Skywalker Luminara Unduli LuminaraUnduli MasterLuminaraUnduli Master Luminara Unduli JediMasterLuminaraUnduli Jedi Master Luminara Unduli Mace Windu Mace-Windu Mace_Windu MaceWindu Master Windu Master-Windu Master_Windu MasterWindu MasterMaceWindu Master Mace Windu Master-Mace-Windu Master_Mace_Windu JediMasterMaceWindu Jedi Master Mace Windu Jedi-Master-Mace-Windu Jedi_Master_Mace_Windu Mace Windu Obiwan Kenobi Obi-Wan Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan_Kenobi Obi-Wan (Ben) Kenobi Ben Kenobi MasterObiWanKenobi MasterObi-WanKenobi Master Obi Wan Kenobi Master_Obi_Wan_Kenobi Master ObiWan MasterObi-Wan Master Obi-Wan Master_Obi-Wan JediMasterObiWanKenobi Jedi Master ObiWan Kenobi Jedi_Master_ObiWan_Kenobi Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi Princess Leia Princess Leia Organa Leia Organa Plo Koon Plo-Koon Plo_Koon MasterPlo Koon Master Plo Koon JediMasterPlo Koon Jedi Master Plo Koon Qui-Gon QuiGon Qui-Gon Jinn Qui-Gon_Jinn QuiGonJinn QuiGon Jinn QuiGon_Jinn MasterQuiGon Master QuiGon Master_QuiGon MasterQui-Gon Master Qui-Gon MasterQui-Gon Jinn Master Qui-Gon Jinn JediMasterQui-Gon Jinn Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn R2-D2 R2D2 R2-D2 Saesee Tiin Saesee-Tiin Saesee_Tiin MasterSaesee Tiin Master Saesee Tiin JediMasterSaesee Tiin Jedi Master Saesee Tiin Shaak Ti Shaak-Ti Shaak_Ti MasterShaak Ti Master Shaak Ti JediMasterShaak Ti Jedi Master Shaak Ti Jedi_Master_Shaak_Ti Jedi-Master-Shaak-Ti Stass Allie Stass-Allie Stass_Allie Master Stass Allie MasterStassAllie Jedi Master Stass Allie JediMasterStassAllie Syfo Dias Syfo-Dias Syfo_Dias SyfoDias TK-421 Master Syfo Dias Master-Syfo-Dias Master_Syfo_Dias MasterSyfoDias Jedi Master Syfo Dias JediMasterSyfoDias Wedge Wedge Antilies Captain Antilies Yoda MasterYoda Master Yoda Master-Yoda Master_Yoda JediMasterYoda Jedi Master Yoda Jedi_Master_Yoda Jedi-Master-Yoda Governor Tarkin Governor_Tarkin Governor-Tarkin Moff Tarkin Moff_Tarkin Moff-Tarkin
Canon Names are reserved and are not allowed to be used in whole or with Numbers any violations will be changed.
ACCEPTABLE = Jangola FTT, Jengo Feet, Jaingo Ferd
NOT ACCEPTABLE = Jango Fett, Jango_Fett, 23Jango_Fett, Jango FETT23, etc.
UPDATED RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE FX-SABERS.COM WEBSITE: This website is dedicated to family fun, ABOVE ALL ELSE. We invite all collectors, fans and interested parties of the FFX Lightsaber to join our site and we also enjoy having members of other FFX Lightsaber forums here. Understand this, however, THIS FORUM HAS A FIRMER APPROACH TO MODERATING and the rules and regulations of this site are to be adhered to, no matter of opinion or experience somewhere else.
In this RULES AND REGULATIONS GUIDE, the word: MEMBERS will mean the GENERAL MEMBERSHIP.
MEMBERS OF THE S.A.B.E.R. GUILD are MEMBERS of the FX-Sabers.com site who have been inaugurated by the S.A.B.E.R. GUILD. More information about MEMBERS OF THE S.A.B.E.R. GUILD found in this section. Please read it here. -> The S.A.B.E.R. Guild
MODERATORS will mean the Members of the FX-Sabers.com site who oversee the implementation and enforcement of the FX-Sabers.com site's Rules and Regulations.
ADMINISTRATORS will mean the creators of the FX-Sabers.com website. They oversee the behavior of ALL MEMBERS and have the final decision as to what will transpire in any event.
GROUND RULES THAT WILL BE IMPLEMENTED, REGARDLESS WHOEVER CREATES A POST:
1. SWEARING - Even though we have a swear filter on this site, there are still ways of typing words that sound similar to this or posting pics of vulgar or pornographic acts/material. Due to the nature of this website, this manner of posting will be removed, regardless and a PM warning will be sent by a MODERATOR. Please read this - Swear filters, abbreviations and stuff like that. - which discusses abbreviations and swearing.
2. FLAMING AND/OR HARRASSMENT - Any FLAMING OR HARRASSMENT of another MEMBER or MODERATOR will NOT BE TOLERATED!. This includes, but not limited to "beating a dead horse", derogative insults, etc.
3. BELITTLEMENT OF OTHER MEMBERS AND/OR MODERATORS - Even though a MEMBER'S view of another MEMBER'S/MODERATOR'S behaviour may be that of irritation and immaturity, there is NO EXCEPTION OF PUTTING THEM OR THEIR STATEMENT(s) DOWN. This can sometimes be confused with a MODERATOR explaining a post's meaning for the 5th or 6th time after it was explained by the topic's author. Unfortunately, because the MEMBERS and MODERATORS do not see face to face physically, meaningless repetition of an inquisitive post is to be taken at face value, as the way it is typed.
There will be NO bad mouthing of ANY other forum on this forum. This rule will be followed VERY strictly. This forum is not to be used as a place to slam, badmouth or imply that other forums are "bad" or "elitist" or any other related terms that people have been using in the past. Trying to get around this rule will only provoke Mods and Admins and hopefully other members who care about this forum to take action.
If a MEMBER feels that a MEMBER or MODERATOR is belittling them, PM a MODERATOR or the ADMINISTRATOR with your concerns.
"Please respect all ADMINISTRATORS/MODERATORS. They do the best they can to keep the peace and create an enjoyable environment for all MEMBERS. Please adhere to their suggestions and posts. If you need to clarify anything with their post, PM them. They will do their best to explain their reasoning."
4. SPAMMING - "Please keep all topics "on track" and keep the spamming to a minimum. If the ADMINISTRATORS or MODERATORS see any excessive spamming, the posts will be deleted, no questions asked. Also, please keep the topics in the correct forums. If you don't know where a specific thread should go, then post it in the Q/A FORUM . A mod will move it to the correct forum if need be. On that note, don't flip out if your topic gets moved. Again, if you have a problem with something, then please take it up with a MODERATOR."
5. TOPIC RULES - On FX-Sabers.com, there are topics that are like games, done for fun and lighten the mood of the more serious topic threads involved in collecting or so on. The MODERATORS have noticed that some of the MEMBERS are not following the rules laid out by the topic's author. Please follow the rules that are implemented.
6. SCREEN NAMES Also, when MEMBERS create their Screen Name, please refrain from Capitalizing each letter in that name, as this is for the MODERATORS and the ADMINSTRATORS. This is to distinguish them in a simpler fashion. MEMBERS who have total Capitalization, will be asked to correct this. Screen Names are also not allowed to be in ALL CAPS, unless mixed with numbers and does not create a legible name. Canon Names are reserved and are not allowed to be used in whole or with Numbers any violations will be changed. Please see the following link for reserved names... Reserved Names
ACCEPTABLE = Jangola FTT, Jengo Feet, Jaingo Ferd
NOT ACCEPTABLE = Jango Fett, Jango_Fett, 23Jango_Fett, Jango FETT23, etc.
Any violations will be changed.
7. SIGNATURES - The total amount allowed at this time for the MEMBERS's Avatar size is 80 pixels x 80 pixels and the Signature size is 300 pixels long by 150 pixels high, IN TOTAL. This allows the Site to open pages at a smoother and faster rate for our MEMBERS. Also, there is to be no links to personal or other sites in the signature section. *EXCEPTION* A MAXIMUM OF 2 LINKS TO OTHER FX-SABERS.COM FORUM TOPICS IS ALLOWED. But only links to within the Site *EXCEPTION* This what the MEMBER's Profile is for and any links will asked to be removed. If the MEMBER exceeds the Avatar and/or the Signature size, they will be asked to correct the size.
NOTE: MODERATORS, ADMINISTRATORS and SABER GUILD MEMBERS are allowed more size due to the nature of their position and SABER GUILD MEMBERS ARE allowed to have THEIR website in their signatures for business purposes.
8. ADVERTISING AND BUSINESS ASSOCIATION / THE TRADE FEDERATION - While only Mining Colony and S.A.B.E.R. Guild members are allowed to post and solicit work on this Forum, we will allow general discussion of off site vendors in the Toshi Station Board ONLY. If said offsite vendors wish to do business on this site, they are welcome to apply to the Mining Colony. If their work is found to be of good quality, and they are found to be trustworthy proprietors, they will be allowed to conduct business here as a member of the Mining Colony. We will also allow for reviews of outside vendors, and their feedback will be found in a designated area of Scarif.
ONLY Mining Colony and S.A.B.E.R. Guild members are allowed to advertise their site and/or business pages/names/etc. in their profile.
Please do not use the PM system to try to direct sales off site. If you wish to do business here, apply to become a Mining Colony Member and show the ENTIRE community that you are a person/business entity that produces quality work and worth confidently doing business with.
9. FEEDBACK PROTOCOLS - Feedback is here for everyone to peruse, and in-fighting between members WILL NOT be tolerated. If you have an issue with another member's feedback they left you, discuss it with them PRIVATELY in PM's NOT on the open forum. If you cannot resolve the issue, send a PM to an Admin or a Moderator for escalation.
From this point on, there will be NO ARGUMENTATIVE / Retaliatory posting in the feedback threads. IF any argumentative or retaliatory posts are found, they will be deleted, and notation will be made in Council about the offending member and post. If argumentative or retaliatory posts are still found after the initial deletion, the responsible parties could face being banned.
If an outside vendor has an issue with feedback (bad OR good) for them being posted here on FX, FX-Sabers hereby reserves the right to ban ANY DISCUSSION of said person, or entity. A post of said "Ban" will be publicly posted. Any negative feedback of business entities will require "proof" to be submitted.
The content of any and all posts and comments on FX-SABERS represent the opinions of the original poster, and are not endorsed, approved, or otherwise representative of the opinions of FX-SABERS, its owner, site moderators or administrators. Additionally, posts on this website are the opinion of the specific author and are not statements of advice, opinion, or factual information on behalf of the owner, moderators or administration of FX-SABERS and as such FX-SABERs is not liable for the opinions and/or posts of its members.
10. DISCIPLINE - In case of an infraction of any of the above rules, the MODERATORS will remind the MEMBER of the rules publicly OR privately via PM, and remove or edit the offending post as necessary.
If that MEMBER persists in not following the rules, the MEMBER will be warned by PM, the topic locked and / or removed as appropriate, REGARDLESS and it will be discussed in COUNCIL.
The third warning from the MODERATOR and that MEMBER will have a Temporary Ban placed on his/her account and shall be contacted by the ADMINISTRATOR.
If further infractions occur, the issue will be brought before the COUNCIL and the MEMBER will be PMed by an ADMINISTRATOR of this site, whom will decide in what manner to proceed with this issue. THIS IS FINAL.
In the event of anything pornographic, you will be automatically placed on a Temporary Ban and the ADMINISTRATOR will render the final decision.
Selling spots on runs on FX-sabers will now be limited to ongoing runs on FX-sabers, unless a manufacturer or staff member is involved organizing the run. Spots on runs on other websites will be removed from the Trade Federation.
It's a virtual product. No sales of those on FX-sabers. A physical product must be sent via mail. As spots on runs are a product in the making, and members run into DRL situations selling of run spots on FX-sabers are being allowed based on the run organizer's reputation and proven ability to deliver quality products. Spots in ongoing runs on FX-sabers are run by FX-sabers staff or manufacturers, and they will complete due diligence to make sure the seller and buyer are both clear on details of the run and that no shenanigans are taking place.
The runs on other forums have no oversight by FX-sabers staff, and if theft were to occur there is not much FX-sabers could do about it. For example, if a run spot were sold here that was on another site, and that organizer decided the Bahamas is a nice place to live.... 8) The seller on FX-sabers site through no fault of their own would be open to paypal claims, negative feedback or possible Trade Federation restrictions by FX-sabers.
If you are a run organizer, or simply stumble across an ongoing run browsing the net, CONTACT A STAFF MEMBER before posting about it.
Lately we have made a few changes to FX-Sabers, mostly in colors for usernames.
Here is a breakdown:
New: Sith Master Mod - Red Ex. SITH MASTER MOD Sith Apprentice - Light Red APPRENTICE SITH MOD Arbs - Blue LUKE SKYWALKER / HAN SOLO Jedi/Alliance Master Mod - Yellow JEDI MASTER MOD Jedi/Alliance Apprentice Mod - Dark Yellow APPRENTICE JEDI MOD VIP - Purple VIP Member Manufacturer - Orange MANUFACTURER Administrators - Green ADMIN STAFF
Special thanks to Darth Maul for finding colors that are easier to read, and not blinding to the eyes.
With FX-Sabers growing at its rapid pace, Master Yoda decided it was time to gather a few new Admins. The new Administrators are: Darth Vader Obi-Wan Kenobi
We're here to assist in technical issues and forum issues, we hope you our services a valuable asset to the community.
Members are only permitted one image in the signature block. That should be no larger than 300 x 150. However, any saber tags the user may want to add are separate and not counted against the "one image" restriction.
You can adjust the size in your profile settings. You just have to type in the proper format. The code should look as follows: [img width=xxx height=yyy]http://INSERTLINKHERE[/img]
There is to be no links to personal or other sites in the signature section. EXCEPTION: A MAXIMUM OF 2 LINKS TO OTHER FX-SABERS.COM FORUM TOPICS IS ALLOWED. But only links to within the Site
Although your personal signatures can be of any content, Please keep in mind that this is a Star Wars fan community and is focused on FAMILY entertainment and content. Please keep it clean.
All signatures must be hosted with your own photohosting account.
No 300x150 animated signatures for regular members.
Signature area in image or text form, and/or redirecting offsite
Only SABER GUILD and Mining Colony members are allowed to advertise their businesses here on FX-SABERs. This includes advertising a website, facebook page, etc. or other forums you may be a member of either by direct link, via PM or just directing people to your website, Facebook page, etc. Business names are not allowed to be used on the forum unless you are a Guild or Mining Colony Member, this includes but is not limited to usernames, sigs, avatars, thread titles or in posts.
We have seen some folks with extra sigs like the "soundfont supporter sig" which, while definitely cool, has to be your only sig while you are using it . Sigs can be changed up whenever you want. If you want to use a special sig, like a "soundfont supporter sig", or a "CF supporter sig", etc. Post it up and then change back to your regular sig when you are ready. No biggie. You can change your sig every day if you want , as long as it adheres to the size constraints
Click on the above image and it hotlinks directly to the enjin site.
We have a guildeline against this as it poses a risk to the forum in the main R&R and if the enjin site were compromised, it can post a risk to the forum. All members need do is remove the URL tags before saving in the sig area. [ url=http://www.enjin.com ] [ /url ] example with above code removed.
Or save it to your computer and upload to a third party photo hosting site.
Thanks very much in advance for your cooperation. 8)
Sometimes, Members become irritated with the decisions of a Moderator or two. So let's figure out why this might happen.......
- Moderators are volunteers. They give their own time and they attempt to run the FX-Sabers Forums as smoothly as possible. If they act upon a decision, there is a reason why.
- As in law enforcement, scholastic institutes and the corporate sector, the rules and regs are interpretted as best as possible. The Mods do not just change stuff because they feel like it, nor do they abuse their position. They are here to encourage positive fun and ensure that debates and disagreements are monitored.
- Like anything else in life, not everything is observed at once. Most Members here have been positive in reporting things, but if we do not catch it right away, inform a Mod in a positive manner.
- Rules and Regs are to be observed and followed. If unsure, they are located HERE. Please be advised that FX-Sabers is attempting to simplify these regulations to encompass everything. (Be Real -- Life does make it difficult sometimes)
- If you insist that your cause is just and that you are firm in you convictions, contact the Moderator. If Members and Mods are unable to agree, please approach one of the Administrators. Open argument is both distasteful and could end up in having the Member warned or banned. (A protocol we prefer not to utilize, but rather be fair)
We are all individuals........We all have certain Points Of View. We are to respect them, but we must also respect and understand those who have been asked to help maintain a smooth operation on FX-Sabers.
In an effort to make it easier to search for items being sold/bought on the site we are going to set a few RULES to better assist the site, and to protect buyers and sellers. This is not an all inclusive list and will change from time to time as new policies are added.
Please read and acknowledge, before posting any threads in the Trade Federation.
1. For directly selling, trading or advertising your items or eBay auctions on the boards, You will have to be here with a good reputation and No problems for at least 30 Days AND a minimum of 15 posts.
If you attempt to go "around" this rule by contacting people by eMail and you have not met the requirements you may be subject to suspension from the forum.
If Listing an Ebay auction in the Trade Federation Please add the appropriate link to your auction and tend to your post accordingly. I.E. Bidding ended, item sold, etc.
We all love the eyes and ears of the group and want to see great finds that you all come up with, but please help us out here and modify the post when applicable.
Posting your own auctions sales anywhere if you have not met the 30/15 will result in their removal, and possible disciplinary action.
2. This section is for buying and selling. NOT for discussion, chat or debate. Questions about the product are fine if they are targeted at the seller or the buyer. Please keep discussions in their appropriate topics. If you are listing an item in the TF and wish to have no posting by members accept for those that want to buy or sell the item then please make that notice in your first post of the thread. A warning similar to this should suffice. "Please don't post in this thread unless you are interested in the item." "Any comments left will be deleted." "No CHATTER" If you don't post a warning in your thread then that will be a sign that you desire to have members comment on your item regardless of whether they are interested in purchasing your product. This will allow the mods to know your desire and will be able to keep the threads clean that need to be kept clean. Remember that our rules state that all off topic posting in a TF thread MAY be removed.
Open questioning of a sellers price is prohibited. If a seller prices their item too high, it won't sell. If they do sell it for that much then good for them. Undermining another person's sale topic in any way will subject you to disciplinary action.
3.Selling formats General Membership may post their FOR SALE and Links to Ebay auctions only, here in the Trade Federation. Do not post sales or related threads outside of the Trade Federation. Best Offer, Raffles and Auctions are not allowed, and will be removed immediately. A price and Current Pictures of the Item MUST be posted for all items in a FOR SALE thread. If you have Quantities the Quantity available must be listed.
Please Note: Only completed items in your possession that you own and or have rights to are allowed for sale, no taking orders or offering services. This includes advertising your own personal website, facebook page, etc. or other forums you may be a member of either by direct link, via PM, or just directing people to your website, facebook page, etc..
Only Members who are officially affiliated through the Saber Guild and Mining Colony are permitted to take orders for commission work, and or offering services and may post in their pertaining sections of the forum. For More information on this please see: FX-SABERS RULE UPDATES for Advertising and Business Association FX-SABERS 2018 FORUM RULES and REGULATIONS (please post acknowledgement)
Auctions and Runs of Sabers where Deposits are required are Handled through Saber Guild Members Only (including Mods or Mining Colony members with Guild approval) *Auction Listings form Saber Guild Members* Winning Bidders of Auctions must Pay/make contact with the seller to make arrangement for payment with in the specified time allotted/specified in the auction. Sellers must contact their winning bidders immediately after the auction ends. If a Bidder does not respond to the seller with in 24-48 hours the winning Bid will be considered a Non paying Bidder and the Seller can then offer the item being Auctioned to the Next High Bidder.
4. Group Buys will only be allowed by FX-sabers STAFF, Saber Guild and Mining Colony members. MUST BE CLEARED THROUGH YODA FIRST! Payment terms and estimated delivery are required in the first post. Frequent updates are expected by the seller.
5. It is recommended that any dealings through Private Message be saved until all transactions are complete. It is also a good practice to save a copy of the final agreement. Since PMs are time and date stamped this will give proof to the transaction and the terms of the agreement. If any issues arise after the fact the parties now have proof of the terms and liabilities of the arrangement.
6. Shipping Notification from Sellers For completed items, and MISC parts a shipping notification must be sent within 7 days. Items must be noted as shipped in the thread. DC/tracking numbers are not required to be posted, but it is strongly recommended the buyer acknowledge in the thread, receiving a tracking number or DC. Feedback should be left by both parties, once the transaction is concluded. Delays in shipment longer than 7 must be posted in the thread publicly.
Commissioned builds/unbuilt items are the only exemptions. Payment terms and estimated delivery are required in the first post.
7. As a courtesy to the forum when you have sold/bought an item please go back and edit your topic. For example: You are selling a Luke ESB, an Obi AOTC, and a Mace. When you sell the Luke please delete it from the topic don't just make a comment in the thread. This way members don't need to search through all of the posts and threads they can just see it in the topic. If all the items have sold in the topic please add the word "SOLD" to the end of the topic header. Again modify the title don't just post it in the thread.
8. All items that have been inactive for 30 days or more will be locked. If you would like it reopened you will need to contact a moderator to get your item unlocked. As a side note, some threads just die out so they will be locked. It doesn't mean that the item sold necessarily but if the seller/buyer hasn't asked to have it unlocked we can assume that the offer is off the table. If you want to keep your add from being locked simply bump the add every 30 days.
9. Possible Consequences for violation of TF Rules and Regulations. This applies to Every Member. Thread or post removal Temporary suspension from selling in the Trade Federation Permanent loss of selling in the Trade Federation Temporary or Permanent loss of ability to view the Trade Federation sections and lock of Feedback thread Temporary suspension from the FX-Sabers website Loss of GUILD, Mining Colony or STAFF status
10. Site donations for Selling in the Forum.
Although we do not charge a fee like eBay, it is requested that all members selling your items through the forum please Donate 2% of your sale to the site in order to help with site and product lines continue to grow, do maintenance and to keep the site free from non-related advertisements. Donations can be sent by Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bumping, bringing up my post, ect. shall not be done for than once in a 24 hour period. This will keep it fair for everyone's sale/trade threads to be seen. The only exception to this, would be a genuine update to a listing. Such as a Price drop, additional pictures or Video.
On this site, you can not change your username yourself. However, if you send a PM to Yoda HAN SOLO, LUKE SKYWALKER, LUMINARA UNDULI, JANGO FETT or OBI-WAN KENOBI, one of them will usually change it for you.
(do note that there are restrictions on the user of canon names
You can pick one of the avatars from the list, or if you want to use one of your own, do as follows:
First Step: Make sure it is uploaded to a photo sharing site, many people use Photo and image hosting, free photo galleries, photo editing, but other sites will work as well. Once it is uploaded to the photo sharing site, look for the small box in the bottom left hand corner, under "SHARE THIS IMAGE." Click the URL to the right of, "DIRECT LINK". It will automatically copy it for you. Picture:
Second Step: Log into the forum. Now click the "PROFILE" tab on the top bar (The bar goes HOME - HELP - SEARCH - PROFILE - LOG OUT).
Third Step: Click the "FORUM PROFILE INFORMATION." Tab on the left hand side. Picture:
Fourth Step: For your avatar, Click the small circle by "I have my own pic" and copy the URL into the blank provided.
Now click the button "CHANGE PROFILE" at the end and it should be fine! Please remember the rules for an acceptable avatar:
For the Signature, scroll down to the bottom of your profile. You'll see a box next to "SIGNATURE". Now is where you have to use the Image HTML codes. Copy and paste the IMG tag seen in the above image, where it says "IMG code" and paste it into the signature field.
Now click the button "CHANGE PROFILE" at the end and it should be fine! Please remember the rules for an acceptable signature: - 300 x 150 Pixels excluding saber tags. Animated signatures are reserved for Moderators and Guild members.
Want a custom signature file, but don't know how to make one? Never fear, we've got you covered: Official FX-Saber sig request thread Be sure to read the rules in the first post, though! ;)
1. There is now and “Add image to post” option under the reply text boxes now. This is a Forum Mod we just added, which is attached to an off-site, free third party hosting service imgbb.com. While is isn't necesssary to create an account with them, if you want to organize your stuff, It might be a good idea to create an account, so you can organize your stuff.
To actually use this feature: 1. Click “Add image to post” 2. Once you have uploaded your images, select the BBCODE (thumbnail) code, and copy that back into your post.
2. You can use imgbox, which is also free, but has an ad or two on their page (which really was no worse than Photobucket.
3. You could use Google picture hosting, which gives you something like 15 GB of space, and is free.
4. You can also use Imageshack.
5. You can use imgur, which is like $49. A year for a hosting account.
While it is possible to go in and manually “repair” your broken links from Photobucket, by changing the address from http to https, it might just be easier to use one of the other options listed above.
We will be giving people 90 days to sort out their posts and pictures, and what hasn’t been repaired will either be left with the broken links or simply removed if the posts weren’t of any great importance.
EXAMPLE uploading pictures with Photobucket or ImageShack, copy and paste the [IMG] code into your reply field when posting a reply.
Want to make those pictures "clickable" for a larger image?
First - add the URL tag: This can be done in the "post editor" controls using the "insert hyperlink" button.
Next - add the image tag: This is done the same way but using the "insert image" button.
Then - add an = in the opening URL tag like so: [url=...] and add the actual link to your photo by copy and pasting it in the URL tag after the =
Finally - paste the same link between the IMG tags so that it looks like this:
We've been noticing that there has been some recent complaints regarding sales on the site. Considering that a major part of our site is regarding sending people we've never met hundreds of dollars over the internet so that they could build us what amounts to very expensive toys, I'd like to take the time here to give some advice that's been collected over time. Hopefully this will help go a long way in smoother transactions amongst the members. A big thank you goes to Eastern57, who ran the original compilation of hints and advice. Original post here: You're doing it wrong...
If you are the buyer
- Do your research on your sabersmith first. Check out previous work. Google the sabersmith's name. Check Ebay Feedback. Search the forum for topics and feedback by the sabersmith. Check our their build logs. Don't just look at the numbers of the ratings, read between the lines. Were there hiccups along the way? Did it take longer than expected? Was there a lag in communication? This is the most important piece of advice any experienced member here can give. Read their page and see what their requirements are. Can you afford their rush fee if you're already 12th in line?
- Remember to be realistic when it comes to both price and time involved. These are often custom individually made pieces, and the price and time frame will reflect that. Do your research and have open, honest communication with the sabersmith involving these factors. On the other hand, do not commission a sabersmith based entirely on their price. Just because he's the first person to approach you, or he promises you a quality build for a fraction of the price, that doesn't mean that you'll get what you expected. Has he posted examples of his previous work before? Were the pictures clear and closeup, or blurry and dark? Was he detailed? Has there been posts regarding his interactions with other people?
- Take your time to figure out what you want BEFORE you commission a work from a sabersmith. Custom lightsaber commissions should not be impulse buys where you say, "build me something shiny!" and then go back later with numerous revisions and additions. This will only lead to frustration for the sabersmith, and more than likely disappointment for the customer, not to mention the 'nuisance fee'. The conversation with the sabersmith should be detailed and open and honest in the beginning, and the final design should be decided upon before any work is commissioned, so that there are no surprises with the end result.
- NEVER give the entire commission fee before the saber has been built. There is no acceptable reason business-wise why this should be done. Ever. An accepted amount for a first payment is between 25-50% of the fee minus shipping charges.
If you are the buyer on FX-Sabers.com - Realize that the Mining Colony and the Guild have been set up for a reason. These people have a PROVEN track record for not only solid technical skills, but superior customer service. We are not telling people to ONLY do business with them, but they are held accountable to the Council should there be any wrong doing, whereas general members are not.
- Conduct as much business as possible through the forums. This is for your protection. If all your business transactions are via phone calls it will just turn into a big he-said-she-said with no proof.
- Be aware of the rules on the forums. If anyone approaches you via PM who has not met the 3/50 rules or is restricted from selling or conducting business in any way decline them. If they approach you to commission something to be built for you, only Mining Colony and Guild members may commission projects here. There's a reason why they aren't allowed and it's because we have the protection of the buyers in mind.
If you are the seller
- Discard the notion that this is a simple or quick way to make extra money. It takes time to learn how to build a saber with all of the features that customers want now, and that comes with experience. Don't think that just because you made a few sabers for friends that you have all it takes to set up a successful business, even as a side business. You will need all the skills, reputation, knowledge, and equipment on hand before you can even think of opening a business. Trust me, this isn't a '3 out of 4 is good enough deal'. If you're missing just one of those, people will see it, and they will tell other people, who will then think twice about doing business with you.
- Customer service is even more important than saber-fu. You may be a competent builder, but that is just half of what it takes to successfully sell sabers that you've built. Technical skills can always be learned and improved upon, but if you have less than stellar customer service skills it won't matter. Why? Because that is what you're going to be giving your customer in between taking their deposit and delivering the finished product. And THAT is what people will remember of you. If people say, "the saber was solid, but he was a pain to work with." People aren't very likely to go to you. There's an old adage in the business world that says, "A satisfied customer will tell a few people about their experience with you but an unhappy customer will tell everyone they know."
- Invest in your business. This means never stop learning and practicing in your skills. This also means that you MUST have all the tools and supplies necessary to do the job and satisfy the customer before you take on a commission.
- Never show less than your best work. If your work has scratches, or dings, or chatter don't show it to potential customers. This may be a one time occurrence for you but they're going to take that as a common occurrence. There's also that whole 'professional pride' thing. I'm not saying to hide your imperfect work. I'm saying to not give anything less than your best at all times.
- Don't take on new commissions until the previous commissions are completed. Trust me. What if you get in a car accident and can no longer complete the builds that you took money for? What if you took 10 commissions so that you could get a price break on supplies? How are you going to pay back all those people who aren't going to wait 6 months before you START working on their sabers. All the people say this will never happen to them end up getting complaints and a bad reputation. Does it happen? Yep. Unfortunately too many people have used the excuse of DRL - Darth Real Life to just skip town.
- Excuses are in-excusable. The unexpected happens, but proper planning should keep the majority of real life excuses at bay. And also, it's not the customer's fault, and they shouldn't have to suffer. If the build can't be completed, if there are delays, then be up front as soon as possible, but don't give excuses. And yes, harsh as it sounds, every single person that has skipped town with people's money never to return have all given the family tragedy excuse. Every. Single. One.
- Be honest with your customers from the beginning and always keep constant communication with them. This is pretty much self explanatory.
If you are the seller on FX-Sabers.com - We take these rules seriously, and will enforce them. - We will help you out when we can, and will explain what can and can't be done. - DO NOT ACCEPT COMMISSIONS IF YOU ARE NOT A MINING COLONY OR GUILD MEMBER. There are proven reasons for this. If you feel that you are ready to start accepting commissions (and many things besides technical skill MUST be taken into consideration) then apply for membership at the Mining Colony. Ask current MC and Guild members and staff for advice.
Certain (most) names from canon stories/films are reserved and the use of those names usually indicates that the user is a member of the FX-Savers Forum Staff (also indicated by the blue, red, yellow or green light saber rank icons)
Reserved Screen Names
The Following Names are reserved and cannot be used in whole or in part with numbers attached. Screen Names not on this list are also not allowed to be in ALL CAPS, unless mixed with numbers. Any violations will be changed. [/size] Aayla Secura Aayla-Secura Aayla_Secura AaylaSecura MasterAaylaSecura Master Aayla Secura JediMasterAaylaSecura Jedi Master Aayla Secura Adi Gallia Adi-Gallia Adi_Gallia AdiGallia MasterAdiGallia Master Adi Gallia JediMasterAdiGallia Jedi Master Adi Gallia Agen Kolar Agen-Kolar Agen_Kolar AgenKolar MasterAgenKolar Master Agen Kolar JediMasterAgenKolar Jedi Master Agen Kolar Anakin Skywalker Anakin-Skywalker Anakin_Skywalker AnakinSkywalker MasterSkywalker Master Skywalker Master-Skywalker Master_Skywalker MasterAnakinSkywalker Master Anakin Skywalker JediMasterAnakinSkywalker Jedi Master Anakin Skywalker Jedi-Master-Anakin-Skywalker Jedi_Master_Anakin_Skywalker Barriss Offee BarrissOffee MasterBarrissOffee Master Barriss Offee JediMasterBarrissOffee Jedi Master Barriss Offee Bail Organa Senator Bail Organa Boba Fett Boba_Fett Boba-Fett Bobafett C3PO C3P0 C3-PO C3-P0 C-3PO C-3P0 Chewbacca Count Dooku Count-Dooku Count_Dooku CountDooku Lord Tyranus LordTyranus Lord Tyrannus Lord_Tyrannus LordTyrannus Lord Dooku Lord_Dooku LordDooku Darth Maul Darth-Maul Darth_Maul DarthMaul Lord Maul Lord-Maul Lord_Maul LordMaul Darth Sidious Darth-Sidious Darth_Sidious DarthSidious Lord Sidious LordSidious Sidious Darth Vader Darth-Vader Darth_Vader DarthVader Lord Darth Vader LordDarthVader Lord Vader Lord-Vader Lord_Vader LordVader Vader Emporer Palpatine Emporer_Palpatine Emporer-Palpatine EmporerPalpatine Senator Palpatine SenatorPalpatine Chancellor Chancellor Palpatine Chancellor_Palpatine Palpatine HanSolo Han_Solo Han-Solo Jango Fett Jango_Fett Jango-Fett Jangofett Ki-Adi-Mundi KiAdiMundi Ki Adi Mundi Ki_Adi_Mundi MasterKiAdiMundi Master Ki-Adi-Mundi JediMasterKiAdiMundi Jedi Master Ki-Adi-Mundi Kit Fisto Kit-Fisto Kit_Fisto KitFisto MasterKitFisto Master Kit Fisto Master_Kit_Fisto JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Master Kit Fisto Jedi-Master-Kit-Fisto Jedi_Master_Kit_Fisto Luke Skywalker Luke-Skywalker Luke_Skywalker LukeSkywalker MasterSkywalker Master Skywalker Master _Skywalker MasterLukeSkywalker Master Luke Skywalker Master_Luke_Skywalker JediMasterLukeSkywalker Jedi Master Luke Skywalker Jedi-Master-Luke-Skywalker Jedi_Master_Luke_Skywalker Luminara Unduli LuminaraUnduli MasterLuminaraUnduli Master Luminara Unduli JediMasterLuminaraUnduli Jedi Master Luminara Unduli Mace Windu Mace-Windu Mace_Windu MaceWindu Master Windu Master-Windu Master_Windu MasterWindu MasterMaceWindu Master Mace Windu Master-Mace-Windu Master_Mace_Windu JediMasterMaceWindu Jedi Master Mace Windu Jedi-Master-Mace-Windu Jedi_Master_Mace_Windu Mace Windu Obiwan Kenobi Obi-Wan Obi-Wan Kenobi Obi-Wan_Kenobi Obi-Wan (Ben) Kenobi Ben Kenobi MasterObiWanKenobi MasterObi-WanKenobi Master Obi Wan Kenobi Master_Obi_Wan_Kenobi Master ObiWan MasterObi-Wan Master Obi-Wan Master_Obi-Wan JediMasterObiWanKenobi Jedi Master ObiWan Kenobi Jedi_Master_ObiWan_Kenobi Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi Princess Leia Princess Leia Organa Leia Organa Plo Koon Plo-Koon Plo_Koon MasterPlo Koon Master Plo Koon JediMasterPlo Koon Jedi Master Plo Koon Qui-Gon QuiGon Qui-Gon Jinn Qui-Gon_Jinn QuiGonJinn QuiGon Jinn QuiGon_Jinn MasterQuiGon Master QuiGon Master_QuiGon MasterQui-Gon Master Qui-Gon MasterQui-Gon Jinn Master Qui-Gon Jinn JediMasterQui-Gon Jinn Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn R2-D2 R2D2 R2-D2 Saesee Tiin Saesee-Tiin Saesee_Tiin MasterSaesee Tiin Master Saesee Tiin JediMasterSaesee Tiin Jedi Master Saesee Tiin Shaak Ti Shaak-Ti Shaak_Ti MasterShaak Ti Master Shaak Ti JediMasterShaak Ti Jedi Master Shaak Ti Jedi_Master_Shaak_Ti Jedi-Master-Shaak-Ti Stass Allie Stass-Allie Stass_Allie Master Stass Allie MasterStassAllie Jedi Master Stass Allie JediMasterStassAllie Syfo Dias Syfo-Dias Syfo_Dias SyfoDias Master Syfo Dias Master-Syfo-Dias Master_Syfo_Dias MasterSyfoDias Jedi Master Syfo Dias JediMasterSyfoDias Wedge Wedge Antilies Captain Antilies Yoda MasterYoda Master Yoda Master-Yoda Master_Yoda JediMasterYoda Jedi Master Yoda Jedi_Master_Yoda Jedi-Master-Yoda Governor Tarkin Governor_Tarkin Governor-Tarkin Moff Tarkin Moff_Tarkin Moff-Tarkin
The Names are reserved and are not allowed to be used in whole or in part or with numbers attached. any violations will be changed.
There are YEARS of information on FX-sabers, with lots of great discussions and mind-blowing tutorials. Some people like to learn things on there own and that's how we get all these great topics. Some of us like diagrams and instructions and see the value in those that have paved the way and shared their ideas. Below is an index of great tutorials around this site. It might be useful to post the links in one, easy to find place. Here's my attempt at this.
Only tangible physical products can be sold through the FX-SABERS site. Appropriate sales should happen via the Trade Federation, must be completed physical product and have current pictures. Fonts, digital artwork, digital renders, etc. cannot currently be sold here.