fiduciary

Author Topic: Blaster Core V5 - Compatibility and parts questions  (Read 428 times)

Offline ScionOfTheCircleOfNine

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Blaster Core V5 - Compatibility and parts questions
« on: January 14, 2023, 01:17:07 PM »
Been a long time since I've been on this forum and hoping that this post is in the proper place to ask. I found this awesome project/partial tutorial on utilizing the Blaster Core V5, and I've got a project of my own in making a rifle for a costume for an upcoming event. I've run into a bit of a snag overall and want to make sure I'm not about to blow the board up when it comes in, so listed below are a few questions I'm hoping to get answered. This is my first time using one of these boards, so I naturally want to air on the side of caution/more experienced people.

My project outline is as follows for the functions I'll be using. The mode change between kill and stun, clip removal, speaker (obviously), recharge port with battery pack, and utilizing a trie-cree LED for the shot flash.

1. I intend on using a 2w base speaker, A Tri-cree, and a  7.4v Li-ion 1050mAh 14650 Battery Pack, Are these going to be compatible?

2. What is the optimum wire gauge for the best insulation?

3. I plan on using a SPST Latching Guarded switch, 2x hinge lever momentary push buttons rated for AC 5A/125v/250v using 3 pins, and 2 black momentary switches rated for .5A.
Are any of the switches a bad choice or will they all handle the work load?

4. What would be the best in-line resistors needed? (if I even need any given my features chosen).

For now thats all the questions I can think to ask, if there needs to be more info given to better answer any of these don't hesitate, and I appreciate any and all input, Thanks.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: Blaster Core V5 - Compatibility and parts questions
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 09:20:51 PM »
nice project !

1) : yes absolutely. You'll probably have to be gentle on the current on the tri cree, but any flash on those with just 200mA is plenty enough to blind anyone

2) : not exactlty the right question, it depends also on the currentl you'll run. Here, most of it will be low power aside the led but as said above, you only have a 1Ah battery. I'd say you can wire it up down to 26-28 gauge for everything (GP wire). If you use bargraphs and accent LEDs, 28AWG is fine. 26 for the rest including speaker

3) no problem on the switches, the main guarded switch is perfect capable (way "beefy enough") to handle the whole circuit and the small switches for trigger + aux are using no power at all (< 1mA) so you're good

4) : can't answer. Resistors for what ? where ? The manual has some indications for calculating led resistors

Offline ScionOfTheCircleOfNine

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Blaster Core V5 - Compatibility and parts questions
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 09:19:32 AM »
nice project !

1) : yes absolutely. You'll probably have to be gentle on the current on the tri cree, but any flash on those with just 200mA is plenty enough to blind anyone

2) : not exactlty the right question, it depends also on the currentl you'll run. Here, most of it will be low power aside the led but as said above, you only have a 1Ah battery. I'd say you can wire it up down to 26-28 gauge for everything (GP wire). If you use bargraphs and accent LEDs, 28AWG is fine. 26 for the rest including speaker

3) no problem on the switches, the main guarded switch is perfect capable (way "beefy enough") to handle the whole circuit and the small switches for trigger + aux are using no power at all (< 1mA) so you're good

4) : can't answer. Resistors for what ? where ? The manual has some indications for calculating led resistors

:D Thanks Erv, really appreciate the help, My concern with resistors was with the Tri-cree, naturally they're needed for doing a saber build, but wasn't completely sure on the need to manage current when using the Blaster Core, which is why I was asking for advice. For accent LEDS I remember reading in the manual you needed either in-line or on-board, as For the Tri-cree, I intend on setting up some heavy diffusion.

retrousse