fiduciary

Author Topic: Questions about altering a soundfont  (Read 3299 times)

Offline timewarp

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Questions about altering a soundfont
« on: May 31, 2020, 07:07:38 PM »
I have a Korbanth installed K4V2 Neo-Pixel. I bought a 32 GB card that came already formatted in FAT32 to replace the original SD card, so that I could load more fonts. I put some modified saber fonts on the new card. (By modified, I simply mean doing things like changing force.wav files to pstoff.wav files within the same font, switching some music tracks from one font to another, etc. Nothing strange, I would think.) Now when I put the new card into the saber, strange things start to happen. The saber suddenly cuts off, i.e., the blade turns off suddenly, some quotes are cut off, things like that. Any idea what's going on? I originally copied these files on a Mac, and then took them over to a Windows machine, where I saw the Mac had written a whole bunch of hidden files. I took all these off before plugging the card into the saber.

When I started having trouble, I was able to reload the original SD card with the original fonts. That seemed to work OK. I was wondering if my problem has to do with the fact that 32GB is right on the borderline between needing to format at FAT32 and exFat. Should I try reformatting the 32 GB card, and reloading the fonts, just to be safe, even though the card came pre-formatted in FAT32? I was also wondering if it might be a problem with the 32GB SD card itself. I am also thinking of trying a 16 GB card that already came formatted in FAT32. Just to be safe I thought I'd reformat it. But formatting with Windows 10 gives different allocation size choices. I don't know which one to pick. Lastly, I was wondering if Korbanth’s original setup was such that it can only accept SD cards no lager than a certain size. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long message, but I’ve been spending days on this one.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Re: Questions about altering a soundfont
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 08:19:20 PM »
NeoPixels are a type of LED  used to illuminate your blade, it is unrelated to your problem.  It also doesn't have a Plecter Labs sound board. 

Your topic and choice of forum is not likely to get a good answer.  You should both make your topic more specific to your actual question/issue and post it in the appropriate place.

Offline timewarp

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 01:37:11 AM »
Sorry, I'm new to the post and wasn't sure how to do it. Could you please tell me where and how I should post it?

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 06:09:17 AM »
Your subject should reflect what you're trying to do and the problem you are having so someone with knowledge of your issue will know to look and answer.

Korbanth built your saber and didn't use Plecter parts, so I'm not really sure why you chose to post here.

It sounds like you haven't formatted your card properly or included the proper files, but I am not familiar with the electronics in your saber so I am not sure and cannot help. I'm trying to help you get help.

Offline timewarp

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 01:54:10 PM »
Thanks for the message, and for trying to help me. What I was trying to ask in response to your previous message was, were you saying that I shouldn't be posting to FX-Sabers at all but perhaps at some other site entirely, or whether I am posting in the wrong section of this FX-Sabers site. That's what I meant. If the latter, I was asking where in this site I should be posting, and how to set up my posted question. For example, in the subject line, should I be saying something like "trouble with loading fonts"? As I said, I'm a complete newbie on this site.

I believe that I have formatted the card correctly, and loaded the proper files, according to the instructions I was given and what I have read. But nonetheless, I will try to reformat two different cards, reload the fonts on them, and see if things work. Unless something has gone wrong with the electronics, which I tend to doubt, I agree that I must be doing something wrong with the SD card. I'm trying to determine what that might be.

I do appreciate your help, and you should not take any of my messages as implying otherwise. Thank you again.

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 07:40:23 AM »
Can you confirm what type of board you have in the saber?  If it is a CFX, you should be able to add fonts but need to make sure the naming convention is correct. If it is a Proffie, you can add fonts, but need to update your boards config to recognize the new fonts...this is more advanced, and will take time and research, or paying someone to do it for you.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 02:28:03 PM »
If it's a Korbanth install it's a proffie.

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 09:04:45 AM »
Not true...I see a CFX install on there now. Sold out but apparently possible to have a CFX.

retrousse