fiduciary

Author Topic: A Prop Question  (Read 6879 times)

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
A Prop Question
« on: February 11, 2017, 05:09:17 PM »
 :huh: :huh: :huh:

Am I wrong or EFX does not do light sabers no more???

Offline jedimax

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
Re: A Prop Question
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 08:06:51 AM »
It seems that they have some reveling saber in the pipeline, they feature it at comic con.  But just seems to be very slow in delivering most of it's collection. Eg Scout trooper helmet been years and still in factory production.

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 12:04:21 PM »
re: lightsabers

eFX made a promise to the community in 2008 : they promised they would NEVER make a SW item, from a well known main character, ever again.   

why?

because Master Replicas already made those items.   

(( as the "New License Holder" for Replica Props (the new "Replacement" for MR) ---  they promised they would NEVER make the "same items" as Master Replicas -- even though, they now hold the same license))

it's a horrible situation, for "new" collectors, joining the hobby.   

we have NO company making "Hero" props anymore.

eFX has explicitly promised to NEVER release any product, which was ALREADY released, by the previous license-holder Master Replicas --  (they have sworn "loyalty" to a DEAD company, which DOES NOT EVEN EXIST ANYMORE).

they swore to continue the "previous" business plan ,  of the "previous" company , which went bankrupt under that business plan -- ((so now the "hobby" CANNOT move forward, for a new generation of collectors -- it's impossible))

Master Replicas made 21 "LE" lightsabers -- the only one left to make was Ki-Adi-Mundi.  there is nothing left for eFX to make.

--> they tried to create a new line of cheap plastic resin "stunt sabers" ,but this was a dismal failure.

(the actual "stunt sabers" on the movie set were made of rubber -- these are not "replicas" of any movie prop LOL -- they are just random plastic display-toys based on the "hero" props of the SW universe --- and as such, they are NOT "replicas" of the actual screen-used stunt sabers -- they're just toys).

--> they tried to create a new line of overpriced novelty "reveal" sabers, but this was a dismal failure.

(the actual lightsabers on the movie set did not "open" in this way to "reveal" the inner mechanism -- these are not "Replicas" of any movie prop LOL -- they are just overpriced "imaginings" of what the inner mechanism MIGHT look like -- and as such, they are not "Replicas" of actual screen-used movie props -- they are just toys).

in the end , RATHER THAN making "REPLICAS" of the "HERO PROPS" of the SW universe ... (because they don't want to "step on MR's toes") ... they have simply chosen to make costume pieces and model spaceships instead. 

they make helmets.    ("stepping on the toes", of the ACTUAL helmet/costume license-holder: called ANOVOS).

and they make model spaceship statues.   ("stepping on the toes", of the ACTUAL license-holder(s): called Sideshow & Gentle Giant).

but they DO NOT make "lightsabers".  (as this would "step on the toes" of the PREVIOUS prop-maker, which DOES NOT EXIST ANYMORE).

it makes NO practical sense.

in the end:  they have made a promise to the community:  they will never "Step on the toes" of the dead company Master Replicas , which has been dead for more than 9 years.

instead:  they will "step on the toes" of ANOVOS.    and Sideshow.  and Gentle Giant. 

((they are the one-and-only official license-holder for 1:1 movie props, (like those same items made by MR many many years ago) ; but they have sworn a promise to NEVER make ANY 1:1 movie props (like the ones made by MR many years ago) ... !LOL! ...  they are just a 'placeholder' now, occupying the license, so that nobody ELSE can have it))

-=======-

this community DESPERATELY needs a "new" official license holder for 1:1 movie props.   

eFX has intentionally dropped the ball.

:(

-=======-

re: scout trooper helmet:

eFX took NON_REFUNDABLE deposits , over three years ago !!!   some people paid IN FULL.   

these people cannot get a refund under US law anymore , (because too much time has elapsed).   

:huh: (( imagine paying FULL PRICE for a replica helmet, and THREE YEARS LATER you are still waiting for delivery))  :huh:

^^^ this is what eFX is known for.    THIS is their hard-earned reputation.   which THEY have earned for themselves, over the past 9 years.

they are a props-replica company, which does NOT make prop-replicas anymore.

((  instead , they make costume helmets and model spaceships -- with THREE YEARS (and counting) between payment and delivery ))

« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 01:24:41 PM by WEDGE ANTILLES »
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline anakin2000

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 03:56:13 PM »
I've always hated eFX. the props they make are cheaply made and just really bad. I never understood them making crystal reveal lightsabers. not to mention they're insanely overpriced.... I wish Master Replicas was still a thing.

and I am a first-hand account of that harming new(er) collectors. when I first started about 2 years ago, I really wanted the Anakin AOTC LE. it took forever to find one, and then it was too expensive when I did. I hate that there's not an actual prop replica company anymore

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 04:31:48 PM »
I guess if that's what's it gonna be then we as fans don't need that anyway!! :huh:

retrousse