fiduciary

Author Topic: TCSS Wish List  (Read 48247 times)

Offline JamoUp

• Experienced Force User
Re: TCSS Wish List
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2012, 09:01:01 AM »

Offline Sa`vage Archanas

• Force User
  • resident south paw sith lord
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2012, 10:37:48 AM »
i meant the thicker shroud material like the aluminum stuff he has. for something, well; MORE. lol

heck.. mhs parts in brass would be a nice option too. ;)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 10:41:04 AM by Sa`vage Archanas »

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2012, 10:44:57 AM »

I'd love a male female 3" extension.  That would be perfect for the Graflex BH.

couldn't you just use this: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/3-Double-female-threaded-connector-P122.aspx
plus this: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Gender-Changer-P132.aspx

Yes you could.  I chose this route instead.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Double-ended-male-threaded-connector-style-1-P127.aspx

The problem is the switch box sits over the threads and you end up drilling through the threads to mount the box and make holes for the wires.  This chews up the threads requiring either time to clean them out to make them work again which may or may not work or you simply JB weld the double male coupler in place.   The male female setup would be much better IMHO.

Of course Id rather see the Graflex BH with a 3" extension all in one piece to get rid of the seam.   ;D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 05:39:33 PM by LUKE SKYWALKER »

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2012, 05:23:08 PM »
i meant the thicker shroud material like the aluminum stuff he has. for something, well; MORE. lol

heck.. mhs parts in brass would be a nice option too. ;)

Yes the thicker shroud material in brass would be a nice addition and so would similarly thick shroud material in copper [I looove copper] or bronze. Even mild steel could be nice because one could use gun-bluing or even colour case hardening for a cool multicolour mottling effect.

Speaking of copper...because of cost I wouldnt expect major MHS parts in copper but some small 'accent' parts like copper Trim rings, Covertec wheels, D-rings, screws, thumbscrews, MPS pommel inserts or copper-and-black activation box/clamp cards would be very nice for us 'copperheads'...as would be a copper plated AV switch similar to the nickel or gold plated ones, if anyone makes that.

But I don't want to seem ungrateful 'wishing' for new parts so soon after Strydur has added quite a few awesome new ones recently...so Thank You for those [esp pommel #3] and I'm sure more great things will come in due time.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 05:41:50 PM by Onli-Won Kanomi »
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline livebyhonor

• Force User
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2012, 07:48:41 PM »
I thought of something i think would be great in some situations, and have done it with a project of mine. The newer heat sink assembly (the big brass screw in part) should have 3 pre drilled or even tapped holes that match up with the inner most holes of their chassis disks. This could be very use full to those of us that unscrew the back 1/2 of our sabers to get into the guts. Unscrew the emitter assembly and the rest comes out with it. just my thought on a part modification.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2012, 09:19:03 PM »
I thought of something i think would be great in some situations, and have done it with a project of mine. The newer heat sink assembly (the big brass screw in part) should have 3 pre drilled or even tapped holes that match up with the inner most holes of their chassis disks. This could be very use full to those of us that unscrew the back 1/2 of our sabers to get into the guts. Unscrew the emitter assembly and the rest comes out with it. just my thought on a part modification.

I like how you think.  I wish Tim made it too.  I am currenty doing just that.  ;). I'm actually grinding the nub off and connecting the hats left of the HS to my disks and rods so the entire insides come out in one piece.  All I'll do is unscrew the grip section and the entire interior will slide right out.

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2012, 10:40:00 AM »
Wish list product:

The small (white?) 4 wire quick connectors Makoto uses. They have male and female sides to the connectors and 4 wires coming out each end.

They are much smaller than what is currently offered on TCSS. Right now TCSS has some multi-colored wire 4 prong connectors but I'm looking for these smaller ones.
If anyone owns a Makoto saber they will know what I'm talking about.

I would buy a bunch I think they are handy.

Offline Sa`vage Archanas

• Force User
  • resident south paw sith lord
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2012, 08:54:11 AM »
the ability to build a chassis in the MHS builder and add it to the saber build.

also some delrin and acrylic disks specifically designed for building crystal chambers. maybe 2 or 3 different types just for variety but yet keep to a standard.

then someone could plan out an entire saber including chassis w/crystal chamber right in the MHS builder.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 09:55:48 AM by Sa`vage Archanas »

Offline Amik Asota

• No Force
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2012, 09:53:22 AM »
I second the chassis/chamber idea. I'm not sure it would be possible or even feasible but I'd dig it.
newbielink:http://hathairillustration.blogspot.com/ [nonactive]

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2012, 06:09:27 PM »
Is there such a thing as a MHS end cap?

Like just a screw on cap that would go on the male side and just be a solid cap?

I can't find this if it is on the site. If it doesn't exist, .... please add this to the wish list!

Thank you :)

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2013, 03:26:56 AM »
How about a sidious style emmiter and blade holder for mhs hilts? Like a piece similar to the front of the Senate, the Do-Clo LE and the Altus Ferrum. Hehe guess I'll just keep wishin and make my own from a blank. :P

edit:
Quote from: Scorpion link=topic=18846 msg395849#msg395849 date=1295384142
"proper" thin-neck sections for luke rotj and obiwans

I second that notion mentioned by the ninja with the flaming skull for a face. Heck, I'd settle for anything between 3/4"-7/8", maybe just maybe 15/16" or 29/32" for deep 7/8" ID blade socket... perfect for breaking stuff... but not this nice thin(-ish) neck! 8)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 09:23:50 PM by KingOfDathomir »

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline Merik

• Force User
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2013, 08:55:00 PM »
Has it been considered to sell resistors pre-wired into a MWS harness or LED module?  Then you really wouldn't need to do any soldering at all.
You are unique, just like everyone else.

Offline Merik

• Force User
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2020, 01:17:05 PM »
As a way to hold a chassis in place, I made a disc to slide on the 4-40 rods.  It's about 3/8" thick, so it can take a set screw.  I think the idea would be a helpful addition to the store.  If I were to do it again, I'd keep it fully round, and thin everywhere except those three points.

-Merik
You are unique, just like everyone else.

retrousse