fiduciary

Author Topic: Crystal Shard 4.0/ Mac difficulties  (Read 1317 times)

Offline The Black Smudge

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Crystal Shard 4.0/ Mac difficulties
« on: April 19, 2019, 09:18:58 PM »
Hey all. Need some help and troubleshooting. I have a Crystal Shard 4.0 on my Vader's Vault Graflex, and a Mac.  A few days ago after uploading new fonts to the banks, I get two loud beeps on some of the banks before hearing the boot sounds. I have reformatted the SD card multiple times. I have even repurchased and redownloaded a couple of fonts to see if somehow some of the files were missing, no joy. There are some fonts that work without the two beeps, I have tested all 6 banks with the "good" fonts. I have verified the config files, I have reuploaded the override files etc from the copy I initially made. Still the same results. Some fonts boot up without the two beeps, some fonts boot up with the two beeps. All of the fonts that "beep" are ones I have previously used successfully with this saber, and are for Plecter boards. I've had the saber for a couple of months, changed sound fonts before with no problems, and then this issue popped up a few days ago. I've spoken with VV and they say that there are some notorious difficulties with doing this on a Mac. Surely I can't be the only one who has encountered this.  I am out of ideas to try, and at the limit of my knowledge.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: Crystal Shard 4.0/ Mac difficulties
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 11:38:26 PM »
if you are able to still have some valid fonts working ok on your board, then you can rule out the mac question. They used to create issues with all the ghost files they create on the SD card but they aren't an issue on the board since maybe the CS2 / NB2 era.

The board will beep if :
- there a file missing
- if no boot sound was found or if it was skipped because of an incorrect format (bad header, bad sample rate etc)

the best is to have a RICE port and debug set to 1 in the config to log what's happening in a serial terminal (115200 baud). You can also send me the full SD packaged zipped (well probably rather a dropbox link) so I can have a look

[edit for mods]: this can be moved to the Plecter Labs board issues section if necessary thank you
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 11:40:55 PM by erv »

retrousse