fiduciary

Author Topic: My prophecy WIP  (Read 5244 times)

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
My prophecy WIP
« on: January 25, 2010, 05:55:14 PM »
I have been putting off working on my Prophecy for a while because the US 2.5 I was putting in it was bad.  I finally got the chip to repair it so now that its fixed I decided to go ahead and start on the hilt.

I am not trying to make an Anakin out of it but am adding a control box I had machined (crapily but it will do), and adding the red and green LEDs on the side (originally decided against it but since I have a US 2.5 figured why not).

I am not doing anything with the emitter section.  Gonna leave it as is with one blade screw (didnt like two of them like the original).  I will probably take the finish off the one I have and polish the brass or powder coat it gloss black to go with the rest of it.

I have to drill holes in the pommel plug before I sand and polish it, make my switch in the control box and mount it, make a chassis for the US 2.5 and put my red and green LEDs in.  So pretty much have to do everything except the polishing (though I do need to polish it a little better) and PC.

anyway here are the pics.  Pics are clickable for larger images.

here is a pic showing the delrin I will cut down for the chassis and the control box I had machined.  I will probably cut the box to make it more narrow.  I had it cut to a different switch than I am going with now.  I have decided not to make a crystal chamber for it (what the other stuff in the pic is).

I will update it as I work on it (hopefully this week some).

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
Re: My prophecy WIP
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 06:18:09 PM »
I am not trying to make an Anakin out of it but am adding a control box I had machined (crapily but it will do), and adding the red and green LEDs on the side (originally decided against it but since I have a US 2.5 figured why not).
Are you going to wire the idle to the red and the active to the green like you did on your Leia? If so, would you mind posting pics of your wiring?
(Never wired one up before...)

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 06:30:19 PM »
Are you going to wire the idle to the red and the active to the green like you did on your Leia? If so, would you mind posting pics of your wiring?
(Never wired one up before...)

Yeah thats probably how I will wire it.  The difference is that the US 2.5 has two pads on it for the accent LEDs where the 2.1 (what I used on the Leia) does not have those pads.  The pads make it easy because I just have to hook the LEDs to those pads.  The way I hooked up the Leia was different.  I hooked up the idle LED up to the battery source (pull the kill key and it turns on) and the active LED to the main LED output (parallel).

I will be showing how I hook this up though but again it will not be the same as a 2.1.

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 07:50:57 PM »
Yeah thats probably how I will wire it.  The difference is that the US 2.5 has two pads on it for the accent LEDs where the 2.1 (what I used on the Leia) does not have those pads.  The pads make it easy because I just have to hook the LEDs to those pads.  The way I hooked up the Leia was different.  I hooked up the idle LED up to the battery source (pull the kill key and it turns on) and the active LED to the main LED output (parallel).
I will be showing how I hook this up though but again it will not be the same as a 2.1.
Telling me was good enough. I just remembered mine is a 2.1. :P
Thanks! ;D

Can't wait to see this complete.

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 12:02:43 AM »
Yes me too.
So far real good.
Good luck with this.

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 08:52:33 PM »
A little update.  I still haven't made the chassis but I did the wiring for the LEDs.  I am not sure if I am going to use the connectors I have  or I may use them and then put heat shrink on them after connecting.  I just don't like how the heat shrink left a little metal showing after connecting them. 

pics...click them for larger ones.

More to come this week.

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 07:23:09 AM »
That's how I did my LEDs. Will you be using resistors for them?

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 01:56:47 PM »
That's how I did my LEDs. Will you be using resistors for them?

no because the US 2.5 has a very low voltage/current output on the L1 and L2 pad.

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 05:22:51 PM »
update

I have the chassis roughly built.  I still have to smooth it out a little and clean it up but its mostly done.

The battery stick fits under the board and runs from the back to the front delrin piece (with circles cut out for it to fit in).  The wires are just there from testing and I will neatly run them when I put it together.

I have enough room in the top section between the top delrin piece and the heatsink so I might put a small crystal there.  Not sure yet.

The middle section (stepped part) is what secures the piece in the hilt.  It goes up against the stepped part in the hilt and with the speaker in it is a perfect tight fit.

anyway enough with the talk here are the pics (click to enlarge).

Love the awesome Halon Customs saber stand.

I hope to be finished with this by the end of the weekend.

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 08:42:33 PM »
Ingenious! What an awesome idea! I love the chassis. Kinda makes me wish I had done one for mine.

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 04:56:52 AM »
Wow, can't wait for that to be finished too.

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 07:30:03 AM »
Well I never updated the WIP thread because I didn't do anything else until now.  Since its not a WIP I created a new thread in the photo gallery.

Here is the link.

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=24583.0

retrousse