fiduciary

Author Topic: Starkiler 2 Lightsaber by Lord Bane  (Read 4280 times)

Offline Lord Bane

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • LB CUSTOM SABERS
Starkiler 2 Lightsaber by Lord Bane
« on: May 12, 2011, 09:56:27 PM »
Here is a Starkiller 2 Lightsaber that I was commissioned by a friend to build recently. This is a saber that I previously owned a few months back. I bought it from Tattoosby5 on Ebay back in September. I originally put in a MR board, Blue Seoul P4 Blue led, 3.7 Li-Ion rechargeable battery and a recharge port. I decided to sell it after the first of the year because I really wasn't happy with the sound and look of the saber. I never really was a fan of how Tattoosby5 incorporated the activation switch in the false covertec wheel. I gutted the hilt of the Starkiller and put it up for sale here on the forums. I ran into Rogue  Graymatter and traded out for a US 2.5 board. Funny thing is this last month after Wondercon, my buddy gets a bug to buy a lightsaber for himself. He asked me to build him one but he wasn't sure what hilt he would want. I showed him pics of my recent projects and he ran into the Starkiller 2 that I used to own. He insisted that I get him that hilt. I contacted Tattoosby5 but at the time he was going through some family matters so I decided to contact Graymatter instead. Now believe me, I felt really bad about asking him to sell me back the very saber I traded him but I needed this particular hilt so I took the chance. After a few attempts, he caved in and agreed to sell it back to me. I got it back and installed a RED Rebel Star LED, 3.7 Li-Ion battery with a recharge port, US 2.5 and new TCSS speaker.  This sucker is LOUD and BRIGHT. I am so happy with results, it's MUCH better than my first attempt.

May I introduce.... STARKILLER 2

VIDEO:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 06:59:08 PM by Lord Bane »

Offline Darth Kevin .T

• Master Force User
  • At last the Snugi are no more!
    • My youtube page
Re: Starkiler 2 Lightsaber
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 10:10:09 PM »
Neat  8)

I bought a Darth Malak saber from Tattoosby5 awhile ago but the hilt was sooo small.
So how is this one was the electronics crammed in there?

I got to say this looks alot different and better then the original.

Offline Lord Bane

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • LB CUSTOM SABERS
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 10:42:10 PM »
Surprisingly, the electronics fit perfect. Yeah this saber was meant to have a sithy undertone.

Offline Ducos Rossis

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 10:44:44 PM »
sweet saber! another great conversion by lord bane...  ;D

Offline Rogue Graymatter

• Force User
  • for teh lulz
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 11:39:49 AM »
Looks great! I liked it blue, but I love it red. Something about the red ones......   
:)
RG

Offline Darth Midian

• Experienced Force User
Re: Starkiler 2 Lightsaber by Lord Bane
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 10:23:46 AM »
That's awesome Bane.  I like the look of the bicycle grip & it sounds awesome.  Good job.  :)

Offline joshsummey

• Padawan Learner
Re: Starkiler 2 Lightsaber by Lord Bane
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 12:16:02 PM »
Very nice.

retrousse