fiduciary

Author Topic: Just picked up my Luke saber  (Read 9856 times)

Offline cw

• Force User
  • I see you have constructed a new lightsaber....
Re: Just picked up my Luke saber
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2005, 07:28:26 PM »
I just bought my Luke ROTJ today. I was pleasantly surprised after reading some of the comments against this saber. I love it's clean, plain look and don't think the hilt is cheap looking. It's all metal for the most part and has a great color. As far as the dark rings in the blade, I notice them in all my sabers but they are very slight. What I found strange about the Luke is that I don't see that dark spot where the LED strips join as with my other 2 sabers. I'm very pleased with the quality. (Plus I got 1 of only 3 at my local store and I have a feeling these are going to be very hard to find locally once they are gone up here in Canada).

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2005, 07:31:55 PM »
Nice pick up it is a good saber but depends on if the one you got is put together right, sounds like to me you did, so congrats.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline cw

• Force User
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2005, 08:23:58 PM »
I was wondering about some of the problems with this saber and it's construction that I've read about. What are some of the things to look out for? Mine seems fine but what could be some possible defects?

Offline Leading

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2005, 11:17:09 PM »
Glad you like the luke.
"Fear.....Fear attracts the Fearful..The strong,the weak,the innocent......Fear is my Ally"
-Darth Maul

Offline TVader

• No Force
  • "Don't make me destroy you."
    • photobucket
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2005, 08:08:16 AM »
insightful review.  is it easy to twirl and spin around.
"Try not. Do or do not.  There is no try."
"That is why you fail."  Yoda
"This is the end for you my master." Lord Vader

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2005, 08:41:57 AM »
Well I have a bent blade, the LEDS going off and on, the black sleeve for the abttery pack falling out.  I have replaced the saber two times this thrid one has the black sleeve problem I just mentioned, but the newer one the blade is great the LEDS bright
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2005, 08:51:49 AM »
I haven't had any problems with mine and it is the FX that I have used more than all of my other FX's put together.  I didn't put that one down the first two weeks I had it! hahah

LOVE THAT GREEN!

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline cw

• Force User
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2005, 10:03:37 AM »
Sounds like some Lukes are full of problems and others are great. I may have gotten lucky with this one. The only 2 things I notice are very cosmetic. The striped strip on my power box section wasn't stuck down on one side (I just pushed it down myself) and the tip looks like it has some glue leakage from the cap pressing against the clear outer tube. (not really a big deal but I noticed it while sitting on the stand. When the saber is on it isn't very apparent at all). Don't think I would ever chance taking it back since it seems I could do a lot worse and they only had 2. I think I'll write a review with pics soon and post it. One thing I notice is that even if you take a picture of this saber in a fairly bright room you get a really intense looking blade with the core effect. It also is the only saber I have bought that seems to have a perfectly straight blade. I like this saber better each time I look at it actually. Seems like a wise purchase so far. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Offline jack3auer

• Do or Do Not there is No Try
  • Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2005, 01:35:30 AM »
This Luke saber is incredible.  Its so bright and loud its definitely my favourite.  i cannot see any blotching in the blade and its the best looking blade in daylight.  i dont know about problems but for one moment i thought mine was broken >:( there was a dip in sound quality so i switched it off and took the battery pack out and put it back in.  switched it back on and its perfect.  anyone have any idea what this was?

I also would like to say that with mine there is a very noticeable green glowing fuzzines around this saber.  you can only see at arms length though but its still incredible. 

Offline Merdah Lorr

• Padawan Learner
  • The Gray Jedi
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2005, 11:20:12 AM »
I received mine today. It is definitely brighter then the Anakin RotS, though the leds are a bit visible (using Duracell Ultra M3, the best I could find). Better batteries would probably solve that, but I just can't seem to find any Energizer E2 Titaniums or Duracell Ultra M3 for Digital Devices. It's not that bad anyway. Also, the black spot in the middle is indeed not that visible.
The sound loud and crisp, better than the Anakin. It is really hard to get clash sounds, but extremely easy to get swing sounds. Something I hope will change after breaking in the saber.
Though the hilt is very light, it seems quite sturdy and makes it much easier to swing around.
I also noted something strange: apparently there's some sort of white ring inserted where the blade connects to the hilt. I can't really see this on any of the pictures, so it might be new.
Maybe some sort of shock absorber? I'll try to get a clear picture.

The Anakin looks more realistic and expensive, the Luke seems like a better dueling saber.

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2005, 11:28:17 AM »
Merdah Lorr, could I see some pics of your saber???

Offline Merdah Lorr

• Padawan Learner
  • The Gray Jedi
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2005, 12:49:00 PM »
You sure can buddy! I hope none of you use 56K modems, 'cause these are high-res:

I couldn't use a flash because of the aluminum, but can clearly see that white ring in the center.

Luke with ambient lighting.

Luke with no light whatsoever.

An Anakin RotS with ambient lighting for comparison.

Anakin RotS without light.

Offline Merdah Lorr

• Padawan Learner
  • The Gray Jedi
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2005, 12:51:23 PM »

Both hilts in all their glory (yes, I do polish the Anakin).

The blades aren't bent, it's the camera. Otherwise my poster would be bent too :)
The pictures are actually 1152x864, so you might want to open them in a new window.

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2005, 12:54:43 PM »
I just LOVE these pics, thank you very much. Is that Anakin the new version?  ;)

Offline Merdah Lorr

• Padawan Learner
  • The Gray Jedi
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2005, 01:03:29 PM »
Thx ;)

Yup, that is the Anakin RotS (2005) model.

I love my babies...

retrousse