fiduciary

Author Topic: Hey Everyone  (Read 719 times)

Offline JayDBPR

• No Force
Hey Everyone
« on: December 05, 2019, 05:19:11 AM »
Hey everyone. My name is Jay and I am very new to saber fandom.  I've been living on the TCSS forums and youtube for the past week...my membership hasn't been 100% accepted over there though if anyone here can help with that.  I have designed about 30 different variations of sabers on the builder and I'm trying to incorporate some starkiller, AOTC-Anakin and Windu aspects into the saber.  I am also a "car guy" and am no stranger to modification, fabrication and soldering.  Having to repair part of a damaged transmission harness after pulling my 6.0 Liter LS engine out of my "family sedan" was not fun.  Can't say I have a lot of experience with circuit boards though and soldering 18 awg allows for a lot more error compared to 28.  Anyway, looking forward to learning and seeing all the cool builds here on the forum.     

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
Re: Hey Everyone
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 09:16:31 AM »
Hey Jay! Welcome to FX Sabers!

Thanks for describing a bit about what your hobbies are. You just stepped into probably the most expensive thing this side of being a car guy so I think you already know how deep things can go! Can't wait to see the builds you come up with. One of my favorite builders on here (amongst so, so many) is Greenie. Check out some of his one-of-a-kind builds I think you'll be stunned. You may have seen him on the TCSS forums as well.

The Force is With You

Offline JayDBPR

• No Force
Re: Hey Everyone
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 04:33:51 AM »
Hey Jay! Welcome to FX Sabers!

Thanks for describing a bit about what your hobbies are. You just stepped into probably the most expensive thing this side of being a car guy so I think you already know how deep things can go! Can't wait to see the builds you come up with. One of my favorite builders on here (amongst so, so many) is Greenie. Check out some of his one-of-a-kind builds I think you'll be stunned. You may have seen him on the TCSS forums as well.

The Force is With You

Thanks for the warm welcome.  You aren't kidding about the expense, I have been having an internal battle on whether my saved "modification fund" is going towards a "Big brake caliper kit" for the car or towards my first saber build   :smiley: I definitely spent quite a bit of time yesterday looking through pictures of builds here and I will search for Greenie's sabers. 

retrousse