fiduciary

Author Topic: Anakin AOTC Overhaul MOD  (Read 2828 times)

cyberplem

Anakin AOTC Overhaul MOD
« on: October 03, 2005, 06:14:18 PM »
I'll post another pic and show you the finished product... this was a fun one. Acquired an old Anakin AOTC hilt is fairly good condition although the electronics were shot. Some spare Luke ROTJ electronics were gutted from the original plastic tube housing and re-situated in the original AOTC tube. The idea was to incorporate a quarter inch plug for replaceable blades. Never can tell when you might want another color! So a stainless sleeve and a quarter inch plug fit into the sleeve was carefully measured for tolerance and placed with the new Luke electronics. A slight relocation of the motion sensor due to space limitations. Then re-wiring the original battery pack to the new inverter and sound made for quite a challenge. And yes, you can shock the *&@! out of you with those seemingly harmless little 9v inverters! OUCH! Finally got it right with some experimentation and a volt meter. Then upgraded the speaker for a little added umph. refit all into hilt, snugged her down with all the hardware, tested the switch and....        Kule.
Now AOTC lives again in this Anakin model... this time with detachable blade!

cyberplem

Re: Anakin AOTC Overhaul MOD
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 06:20:44 PM »
The outside is as pretty as the inside!

Offline Wat-Gav Martra

• Jedi Master
  • Master Force User
  • Formally known as Scottish Jedi
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 07:51:02 PM »
Good job, wish i had the skills in electronics to try something like that. I'm going to have to learn because there is money in reconditioned sabers.
Luke ROTJ FX Lightsaber: £89.99
Star Wars OT Boxset: £29.99
Fighting for the Light Side: Priceless
(Borrowed(Stole) this idea from Dark Skywalker)

Offline Darth Eunice

• SAVANT TOGRUTA, SAGE OF YORE
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 08:01:20 PM »
that looks really nice ;D
i wish i knew how to make the blade detachable
is the first picture what it looks like on the inside?
May the Force be with you! :D

Offline Pfc Joker

• Force User
    • Tiny Puppy
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 08:12:47 PM »
Major props on a job well done.   ;D  Until I get my saber collection where I want it I'm refraining from trying any modifications.
Maybe then I'll try and acquire some half broken stuff to play with.

Again....very nice job.
"Well, if there's a bright center in the universe, you're on the planet it's farthest from."

Offline Gnosis

• Formerly known as Gnosis
  • Master Force User
  • The Bird King of La Mancha
    • This week in geek
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 09:00:34 PM »
That is impressive

"It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force... but by our skills with a lightsaber. "
Count Dooku

Sith Lord Adminstrator
countdooku@fx-sabers.com

Offline Wat-Gav Martra

• Jedi Master
  • Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 10:00:40 PM »
I'm really looking forward to getting my Anakin AOTC now, it may be the oldest and the least technologically advanced but i like the look of it, it looks more like the Vader sabers which i think is interesting considering that when Anakin was in the cave on Ilum creating it he had a dark side vision where he spoke with and then tried to attack Darth Maul and when he came out of the vision the lightsaber was finished and in his lap.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 10:52:16 AM by Scottish Jedi »

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 11:52:30 PM »
The look at the inside of an FX is always interesting, and the work done on it sounds quite impressive indeed.

cyberplem

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 04:21:35 AM »
Yes, the first pic is the inside. Look closely at the metal sleeve and you can see the small box attached. That is the quarter inch plug. Even the exterior acrylics have been replaced with larger green and red jewels. A dark strip of rough adhesive placed in a line at the colored jewels. Here is a shot of the underside acrylic spheres. I show this because of the trouble involved. The originals were clouded and faded. I found more but there was a micron size difference. So to the drill press it went. I drill out the holes a micron wider and deeper than the originals. carefully replaced each one. Beautiful! And better than the first. A pain but the overall effect was worth it.

Offline saberlover

• Padawan Learner
  • "He told me enough! He told me YOU killed him!"
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 06:58:04 AM »
Very impressive.
Thanks for sharing.

Offline Gnosis

• Formerly known as Gnosis
  • Master Force User
  • The Bird King of La Mancha
    • This week in geek
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 07:20:38 AM »
I'm really looking forward to getting my Anakin AOTC now, it may be the oldest and the least technologically advanced but i like the look of it, it looks more like the Vader sabers which i think is interesting considering that when Anakin was in the cave on Ilum creating it he had a dark side vision where he spoke with and then tried to attack Darth Maul and when he came out of the vision the lightsaber was finished and in his hand.

What book or comic was this in?

"It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force... but by our skills with a lightsaber. "
Count Dooku

Sith Lord Adminstrator
countdooku@fx-sabers.com

Offline Wat-Gav Martra

• Jedi Master
  • Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2005, 10:54:21 AM »
I'm really looking forward to getting my Anakin AOTC now, it may be the oldest and the least technologically advanced but i like the look of it, it looks more like the Vader sabers which i think is interesting considering that when Anakin was in the cave on Ilum creating it he had a dark side vision where he spoke with and then tried to attack Darth Maul and when he came out of the vision the lightsaber was finished and in his hand.

What book or comic was this in?

It was Jedi Quest by Jude Watson.

retrousse