fiduciary

Author Topic: What's the best setting on a digital camera to take good pics of ignited FX's?  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
I am wanting to know what the best setting is to take good pics of my collection with the blades lit that isn't too washed out.

I have been playing with my camera's settings, but haven't had much luck...

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
Edit: You said best setting... well I'm not sure. lol...sorry...

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
What setting did you use for the pic in your sig? It looks pretty good.

-Joclad

10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
Got to remember, each camera is different.. but mine's on "Program Auto" where I can just adjust everything manually... I've got color mode set to normal.  White balance is auto.  Iso is auto.  Picture quality is set to fine.  Contrast is set to normal.  Sharpness is set to +...with my camera for that it goes +, Normal then -.  Red eye reduction is on as well as the SAF (not sure what that stands for).  You can also try to mess with the brightness setting (mine has one) to lower it and so the colors don't get washed out.  I also don't use the flash on mine.

BTW what camera do you have?  Mine's a Sony Cybershot 8.1 Megapixel.

Also as far as the pic in my siggy I'm trying to take a better one, still not pleased with it.  I don't have a tall tripod (just a mini one) and it's a pain in the arse to try to take a picture like this.

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
Mines just a Gateway DC-T50 5.25 Megapixel. I will try to set mine up like yours and try again later this evening.

-Joclad

Offline Cyano Khaar

• Experienced Force User
  • Feel the Force
I got pretty cheap 5.0 megapixel camera, and I find it really depends on the lighting in the room, and the rest of the environment.

This is the best one I got so far. Not gonna bother taking anymore until I get the luxeon anyways.

retrousse