fiduciary

Author Topic: Anakin removable blade light fluctuation  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Mr sinister

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Anakin removable blade light fluctuation
« on: May 26, 2013, 01:52:50 PM »
 the light in the blade seems to be gently flickering and changing brightness,  it's not awful and there doesn't appear to be any dark spots.  I've only ever had one fx blade before and that was the 2002 Anakin which gave a solid colour I know that  was different  tech but it's all I've got to compare it to.

Offline Aus_Jedi_Killer

• Master Force User
  • You wanna buy some deathsticks? :D
Re: Anakin removable blade light fluctuation
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 05:55:03 PM »
May sound stupid but have you tried a fresh set of batteries?

Offline Green Ranger

• Formerly known as Darth Payne
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 12:18:26 AM »
I've had problems with mine as well with similar issues. But I think mine may have a short in the blade to hilt connectors. Mine will flicker sometimes at the top of the blade, 6 inches worth of lighting to the tip. As well as itchoking out and re igniting when lightly tapped or jard just the right way on the blade. Maybe your solution can shed some light on my issue as well.

Offline Mr sinister

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 12:43:19 AM »
 Yeah they are straight from the pack energizer  ultra. I suppose it could be a connection issue,  or the gods telling me to do a luxeon  conversion......

Offline Mr sinister

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 04:34:21 AM »
 right, I think it's down to the  circular connectors on the battery pack.  one of mine seemed slightly misaligned so I gently bent it and re inserted the pack into the hilt and the blade seems to be a solid colour with no flickering.  hopefully this is a permanent cure

Offline Green Ranger

• Formerly known as Darth Payne
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2013, 01:45:05 PM »
I'll take a glance and try the same. Mine is packed away in storage right now. Glad it worked for you

Offline Mr sinister

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 02:39:13 AM »
 well it seems it wasn't a permanent fix :(  so I've sent it back.  if I'd had it a while or if it was second hand I would have been inclined to mess with the battery compartment coz I'm sure that's the problem.  just hope my replacement is ok

Offline Darth Xyess

• Force User
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 01:34:35 AM »
Yeah I would just send it back, if new batteries doesn't work then it's our of your control. Just keep sending them back until you get a better one.
“The Force will change you. It will transform you. Some fear this change. The teachings of the Jedi are focused on fighting and controlling this transformation. That is why those who serve the light are limited in what they accomplish.” ~Darth Revan

Offline Mr sinister

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 02:44:13 AM »
Well I got it back and it works perfectly. The hilt looks to have less imperfections and the whole saber just feels better. I also have to mention the excellent customer service I got from the seller (incognito comics in Kent I think) fully refunded return postage and next day delivery on the replacement saber so I'm pretty happy

retrousse