fiduciary

Author Topic: 2012 Hasbro Fx New Sabers  (Read 34119 times)

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
Re: 2012 Hasbro Fx New Sabers
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 01:15:13 PM »
First of all, I'm not sure that Hasbro is going to keep producing the FX lightsabers much longer.
Now that the "ultimate fx" is out, they seem to be steadily increasing that production and letting the fx line fall away. After all, "The Clone Wars" is a kids' show, and that is all Star Wars has been for the past three years... so really, the market to adult "FX" customers is shrinking while the market to kid "ultimate fx" customers is growing.

Some proof of this can be found on the subject of a Qui-Gon lightsaber, which was just released as an ultimate fx.

My best guess is that they will release a limited edition version of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan TPM that will have a VERY short production run (think a month or two while TPM is in theaters). After that, I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro either cut back or shut down production of the FX entirely in favor of the ultimate fx... which has a FAR lower production cost and sells FAR more units than the FX.

But don't be surprised when you see an arsenal of ultimate fx lightsabers at the store in the next year or so. They started with Anakin and Vader... now they've added Luke and Qui-Gon... won't be long before the Maul and Obi-Wan show up... then I'd think Tano and Windu... who knows? It could go on and on.

IF FX doesn't shut down, I'd think the line will be:
2012: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan TPM
2013: Anakin AotC, Windu AotC, (possibly Dooku AotC)
2014: Sidious RotS, Yoda RotS
2015: Obi-Wan ANH, Vader ANH, (possibly Luke ANH)
2016: Luke ESB, Vader ESB
2017: Luke RotJ, Vader RotJ

All of these correspond to the 3D movie released that year, and it keeps to the 2-3 a year release schedule. Also, I realize that some of these are already released, but by the time they would be re-released, their production time would be long expired.

(As for the theorizing about Ahsoka Tano, she is from the new clone wars series and she was NOT in the original clone wars miniseries on Cartoon Network like Ventress was... so she probably won't end up with a real FX, she is not adult enough)

Are we back on the "UFX is going to replace the FX series" stuff again?  We've already talked about this in detail in another thread. 

Offline Broto-Kropot

• Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality.
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 01:45:01 PM »
i found this for 2012 but nothing else so far on the adult fx models

qui-gon ultinate fx lightsaber, could this be a sign to come that they will make a proper fx version for the older crowd?
http://www.toywiz.com/quigonultimatefxsaber.html

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
  • Owl Thread Survivor #19
    • The Star Wars Custom Miniature Database
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 03:11:29 PM »

Habro never done the Vader ESB..it was the New Hope with misprinted box.

Its been discovered that The hero saber for ROTJ is actually also the hero ESB....the MPP's did not go missing. That was rumor. The lightsaber that got labeled as the ROTJ saber is the sunt saber from all 3 films.

So in essence Master Replicas did a ROTJ Vader Force FX. There was one MPP that made it through all 3 films.

I don't even... every single thing in this post is wrong. 

While it may be true that Hasbro never released an ANH, MR certainly did.  If you want to get technical, no, Hasbro never released an ANH Vader, but MR - which many people equate with Hasbro - definitely did.

Also, no MPP flash appears in ROTJ (that we're aware of, anyway).  The hero ESB was certainly not the hero ROTJ; but the hero ROTJ was the stunt saber from the other three films, as I think you tried to point out. 

We're fairly sure that no MPP was used in ROTJ.  ;)

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 04:01:15 PM »
 :D

I shot hasbro an email yesterday asking about the fx's for this year.We'll see what happens.In any case I'll ask the big man from hasbro this aug in orlando at celabration . ;D

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2012, 04:05:28 PM »

Habro never done the Vader ESB..it was the New Hope with misprinted box.

Its been discovered that The hero saber for ROTJ is actually also the hero ESB....the MPP's did not go missing. That was rumor. The lightsaber that got labeled as the ROTJ saber is the sunt saber from all 3 films.

So in essence Master Replicas did a ROTJ Vader Force FX. There was one MPP that made it through all 3 films.

I don't even... every single thing in this post is wrong. 

While it may be true that Hasbro never released an ANH, MR certainly did.  If you want to get technical, no, Hasbro never released an ANH Vader, but MR - which many people equate with Hasbro - definitely did.

Also, no MPP flash appears in ROTJ (that we're aware of, anyway).  The hero ESB was certainly not the hero ROTJ; but the hero ROTJ was the stunt saber from the other three films, as I think you tried to point out. 

We're fairly sure that no MPP was used in ROTJ.  ;)

I saw a screencap somewhere... i'm not gonna dispute it, but be aware that someone else did and i believe they had a screencap to prove. 

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2012, 04:21:45 PM »
Interesting... I've never heard of that.  I'd be interested if someone could track down an image.  :)

Offline The_Night

• Master Force User
  • "I have become your Nightmare"
    • Prestige Sabers
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2012, 05:09:04 PM »
There was a discussion on the rpf about it, and there were some convincing screencaps of an MPP in Rotj as a hero. So there may have been an MPP prop from ESB that was reused in Rotj, but the saber normally associated with the vader Rotj was a modified graflex used in all 3 films as a stunt
MR Vader ESB
MR Maul Staff- Converted
MFX Starkiller
KOTOR Clan Sabers

Offline Lord Xeno

• Master Force User
  • Sith...they mostly come out at night. Mostly.
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2012, 07:13:16 PM »

I think you meant Hasbro never released an ESB Vader, even though more recent supply of their fixed-bladed Vaders state ESB on the box.  They have all been ANH, including the removable blade Vader from 2010, which states so on the box.  The only Force-FX ESB released was by MR (SW-207).

Offline Jm419

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2012, 07:55:13 PM »

I think you meant Hasbro never released an ESB Vader, even though more recent supply of their fixed-bladed Vaders state ESB on the box.  They have all been ANH, including the removable blade Vader from 2010, which states so on the box.  The only Force-FX ESB released was by MR (SW-207).

Correct, sir.  A typo on my end.  ;)

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 04:32:31 PM »

I shot hasbro an email yesterday asking about the fx's for this year.We'll see what happens.In any case I'll ask the big man from hasbro this aug in orlando at celabration . ;D

I just got my answer from hasbro ;which,was nothing.That means they will have a few surprises this year.Yeaaaa. :D

Offline Lord Xeno

• Master Force User
  • Sith...they mostly come out at night. Mostly.
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 07:13:25 PM »
Thanks for the info Ben.  As long as they are not saying there is nothing coming out.  I really want a Qui Gon!

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 03:24:36 PM »

I just got my answer from hasbro ;which,was nothing.That means they will have a few surprises this year.Yeaaaa. :D

They're saving the news for Toy Fair, which is going on this coming weekend. ;)

I'll take a few shots in the dark as to what I'd guess might be coming out. Of course, I'm probably wrong:

Qui-Gon TPM with removable blade
Obi-Wan TPM with removable blade
Ashoka Tano with removable blade

And... that's all I've got.
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ANH with Removable Blade
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS with Removable Blade
Darth Maul TPM with Removable Blade
Kit Fisto AOTC with Removable Blade
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline blackluc

• Master Force User
  • Lord Saevius
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2012, 04:47:21 PM »

They're saving the news for Toy Fair, which is going on this coming weekend. ;)

I'll take a few shots in the dark as to what I'd guess might be coming out. Of course, I'm probably wrong:

Qui-Gon TPM with removable blade
Obi-Wan TPM with removable blade
Ashoka Tano with removable blade

And... that's all I've got.

Can't wait to hear about it!

French Canadian Sith Lord

Offline Machinimax

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Sentinel
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2012, 06:39:02 PM »
Speaking of Toy Fair this year...

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world!

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 04:54:29 AM »
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

retrousse