fiduciary

Author Topic: 2011 Hasbro News: Release Report (KIT FISTO FORCE FX)  (Read 48395 times)

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Re: 2011 Hasbro News: Release Report (KIT FISTO FORCE FX)
« Reply #150 on: September 30, 2011, 01:23:24 PM »
I want to see a video review!!  :D
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ANH with Removable Blade
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS with Removable Blade
Darth Maul TPM with Removable Blade
Kit Fisto AOTC with Removable Blade
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline Rhyen Skytracker

• Master Force User
« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2011, 07:58:16 PM »
Here is a video and some pictures of one.  I tried my best to keep it in one piece, but I just couldn't do it.  It didn't last 30 minutes until I had the electronics gutted out of it.  LOL

Out of box pics.

How to disemble pics.

Offline ehwwong

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2011, 11:14:56 PM »
thank you for the pictures.. the hilt has some hint of mara jade there

Offline The Apprentice

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #153 on: October 01, 2011, 11:46:59 AM »
I really like the look of this saber but I can't quite put my finger on why. It has a nice elegance that some generic jedi lightsabers lack.

Your pictures are great Rhyen and it's funny that you felt the need to take your new weapon apart. I haven't been around these parts for some time but I assume that you, like Anakin, are known for tinkering? :)

Could you tell us some more about the proportions of Kit Fisto's lightsaber, it's weight, thickness and how it compares with other FXs? How does it sound?

Offline Rhyen Skytracker

• Master Force User
« Reply #154 on: October 01, 2011, 12:28:16 PM »
The sounds are decent, but it is not all the loud as there is not that many sound holes and the ones that are there are small.  The dimensions of the saber are consistant with all of the other FX sabers with removable blades. 

Offline The Apprentice

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #155 on: October 02, 2011, 04:37:03 AM »
That's a relief. When Ataramith said the hilt was fat I started to worry!

When I get this lightsaber, I'm getting me a Kit Fisto mask to go with it, just like the Rebel Legion bloke from Qui-Gonn's picture!

Edit: I use my PS3 web browser so I can't see the vid. Didn't realise Hasbro used sith sounds for this saber until I read Aayla's post below. It does seem strange but does it necessarily sound out of place once you see the green blade?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 09:36:26 AM by The Apprentice »

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #156 on: October 05, 2011, 12:15:37 PM »
Thanks for the pics and vid, Rhyen Skytracker!

Why oh why did they include the Sith lightsaber sounds in it?  ???
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ANH with Removable Blade
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS with Removable Blade
Darth Maul TPM with Removable Blade
Kit Fisto AOTC with Removable Blade
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline DarthZerimar

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #157 on: October 06, 2011, 05:18:09 AM »
Did Kit's come with a belt clip?  Because I can't find any info on it and the hilt doesn't look like it has a Covertec wheel
Colby Alexander Ramirez

Offline Rhyen Skytracker

• Master Force User
« Reply #158 on: October 06, 2011, 07:34:38 AM »
Yes, it does come with a belt clip.  If you look at the pictures I posted you will see the covertec wheel. 

Offline DarthZerimar

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #159 on: October 06, 2011, 09:10:11 AM »
Yes, it does come with a belt clip.  If you look at the pictures I posted you will see the covertec wheel. 
Haha, wow, I feel like an idiot.  I don't know how I missed that one lol
Colby Alexander Ramirez

Offline TridCloudwalker

• Force User
    • Trid Cloudwalker Facebook Portfolio
« Reply #160 on: October 13, 2011, 06:33:00 AM »
I'll get one for sure. Right after Tridcloudwalker did his Ki-Adi I was begging him to do a Kit Fisto. For me it's much like a Qui-Gon - not too much going on, but so elegant and simple.

Super late to the game here, but Kit will most likely be the next saber I do. Anakin won the votes, but Kit was the runner up, so as soon as the Anakin run is done, Fisto should be on...assuming there's still an interest.

Offline Son of suns

• Force User
« Reply #161 on: October 13, 2011, 10:44:16 PM »
No one was really excited about this release, I had an ok attitude towards it but I still would've preferred a qui gon. It would be funny if this becomes a rare gem like the tpm obi. Hmmmm might pick one up just because lol
Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.

Offline zhuneycutt

• Padawan Learner
  • "you don't know the power of the dark side!!"
« Reply #162 on: October 14, 2011, 05:18:33 PM »
No one was really excited about this release, I had an ok attitude towards it but I still would've preferred a qui gon. It would be funny if this becomes a rare gem like the tpm obi. Hmmmm might pick one up just because lol

Thats why i snatched the Fisto up so fast b/c i hesitated for a couple of months with the obi TPM and they were gone.

Mini fisto review: Awesome sabre! Sounds aren't too quiet IMHO, its not fat either its about the same in the middle as the anakin maybe a bit thinner than that. The on/off knob is kinda small but thats a tiny gripe at best.

Offline JediTom2

• SaberKnight Alumni
  • No Force
    • JediTom's website
« Reply #163 on: October 25, 2011, 04:06:07 PM »
I picked one up and love it! I added O-Rings to the center of the saber, changed the Covertec Knob to a black anodized aluminum one and drilled out the speaker holes double the size and the saber is louder now.  I plan on picking up another one and convert it.
Tom

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
« Reply #164 on: October 26, 2011, 02:50:19 PM »

Thats why i snatched the Fisto up so fast b/c i hesitated for a couple of months with the obi TPM and they were gone.

Mini fisto review: Awesome sabre! Sounds aren't too quiet IMHO, its not fat either its about the same in the middle as the anakin maybe a bit thinner than that. The on/off knob is kinda small but thats a tiny gripe at best.

Yeah I just ordered a Kit Fisto FX, I too learned my lesson with the Obi Wan TPM and now there pricey. From the video it looks so percised from the movie, I also like how you can twist the on switch which makes it great for spins since you don't have to worry about shutting it off accidently. I'll be happy to make a review when I receive it. The force is telling me their will be a conversion done soon  ;D

retrousse