fiduciary

Author Topic: Acerocket's un-named CF saber  (Read 23549 times)

Offline XsaberX

• Master Force User
Re: Acerocket's un-named CF saber
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 09:14:48 AM »
mY GoD!

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 09:19:23 AM »

Well captured there!  What really sets this off for me is the balance and unity of the piece.  Brass sections with copper highlights and vice-versa.  It's as if you read peoples' minds (at least the brass/copper fiends, of which, I am) and distilled that information down to this hilt.  The meshed crystal chamber, the transitions between metals.  I could see Unka George holding this in one hand, while pedaling an old Schwinn Stingray with cards in the spokes yelling "WEEE!" (I could also see myself doing that too).

WOW!

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 09:36:05 AM »
WOW! I am actually standing in awe!  ;D Great Job! Congrats on doing your first CF install, this saber is definitely a worthy recipient. 

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 09:50:12 AM »
  This is an inspiring design. Lovely lines, great mix of metal colors. The parts flow together well...  Hold on I lost my jaw.

OK there are two things that could be improved imo.

The small stator on the pommel could be replaced by smoother, lower profile lines.

Second the small red switch plunger.

I still give it a 11 out of 10. The most beautiful hilt to date.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

If you look at the pictures of the complete saber, you will see there is no red or black switch.  A lot of the pictures are progress pics.

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 10:00:57 AM »
This is one of the coolest things i have ever seen.  So much detail.
Is anyone else reminded of the Rocketeer?
How do I place my order?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 10:07:35 AM by Darth Smorgis »

Offline Sunrider

• Unlimited Brightness!!! RRROOAARRR!!!
  • Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 10:38:02 AM »
  This is an inspiring design. Lovely lines, great mix of metal colors. The parts flow together well...  Hold on I lost my jaw.

OK there are two things that could be improved imo.

The small stator on the pommel could be replaced by smoother, lower profile lines.

Second the small red switch plunger.

I still give it a 11 out of 10. The most beautiful hilt to date.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

If you look at the pictures of the complete saber, you will see there is no red or black switch.  A lot of the pictures are progress pics.

Ah I just saw that. I commend you for taking it up a notch with this look. It has a good SW look about it. Like Anakins pod racer engine. It looks comfy to hold too.   

I look forward to seeing more hilts from you sir.  ;D

Offline cannibal869

• I dub thee Darth..........Lecter.
  • Master Force User
  • NUCLEAR POWERED JEDI at work!!!
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2010, 10:46:20 AM »
WOW....... :o

I mean that is 110% of PURE AWESOMENESS!!!

Wow......

VERY well played sir!

-C

Offline Arizae

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2010, 10:55:08 AM »
This...is absolutely beautiful. I'm usually not a fan of sabers that are that shade all the way through...but this...well it's something else. Absolutely amazing, I love it. If there was any doubt that this hobby isn't art, that should be erased by this masterpiece.

GCS Krayt Bone 2

Offline Drazhar

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2010, 11:06:15 AM »
Ya know, with everyone else offering their praise the way they are, I'm gonna just say.

"Ditto"

Then I'm going to ask why such a jet looking saber doesn't have Eastern57's Afterburn font on it.

Offline Kalizon

• Force User
  • The sword and the mind are One
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2010, 11:09:06 AM »
Truly amazing piece, the work and attention to fitting design is absolutely amazing.
A Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware the dark side. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

Offline Solan Starr

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2010, 11:18:57 AM »
That's pretty fantastic, sir.  Everything I've seen from you is truly impressive, but this one gives me hope.  Above all else, I want to have a saber that is a replica of one of the engines from Anakin's Pod Racer and this proves that a lot of the concepts I'm wanting are possible.  So, while I may not have this saber, thank you!

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2010, 01:10:32 PM »
It seems there was a problem with the video before.  It should be working now.

Thanks to all those who expressed positive comments.

Offline daddy solo

• Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2010, 01:28:39 PM »
just how high did you set the bar for custom saber design?!!.........brilliant

Offline Borax

• Force User
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2010, 01:34:56 PM »
unbelievably beautiful saber !!! literally took me 20 minutes to stare with mouth agape at the photos.  this is a work of functional art for sure. everything is finely detailed and perfectly executed.  the fact that you 'burned' the metal for effect is just the kind of small details that create so many wonderful levels to a truly great saber as this one. Your metal working talents are seriously top notch.

I have to ask how were you able to MILL the Slots for the 3 "doors" on the brass  section,  because I am planing some sabers and need to make cuts just like that and have not figured out how to do that yet. although i assume an indexing rotary table in the horizontal position ?

Offline Jedi Exile

• Experienced Force User
  • I once wore the robes...
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2010, 02:09:40 PM »
I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said about this hilt's design praise-wise. I am curious though, how duel worthy is it with the screen mesh panels covering the crystal chamber on the bottom grip?
Member of the Lost 10

retrousse