fiduciary

Author Topic: Yoda FX Review  (Read 11580 times)

Offline MalakaiBlack

• No Force
  • A Jedi, cast out for murderous revenge.
Yoda FX Review
« on: January 09, 2009, 06:32:04 PM »
So I have actually already made a few video reviews on youtube but I just received my YODA saber in the mail so I thought I would do a review on the forum. (Besides, all the threads on the existing reviews are locked out arrgghh!). This is just a quick review w/o pics so don't get too excited. I knew right away that it was my YODA because the package was just a little bit smaller than my other ones. (Hehe he's so tiny). So I took it out and wow, it really is small! Not just shorter, but smaller and lighter than the other MRs. The hilt itself is awesome looking. IMO one of the best designs, as I am partial to the sleeker, simpler looking hilts (Anakin ROTS, Maul TPS), not to mention that little extension on the emitter shroud is soo cool looking. I am actually in the works of designing my own saber to be made by ParksSabers, with that same emitter design. It takes 3 AAA batteries, which I wasn't too excited about but
I'm sure was necessary to fit it in such a small package. Now I had heard that this saber was one of the brightest AND loudest in the series, but I didn't believe it myself...until I turned it on. WOW! This really is a very bright blade. And the sound is excellent. Yes, it's the same Jedi sound font as the others, but I think it's just a little bit louder. Mcich had mentioned that he uses the speaker to wake up his wife in the morning, so I put the speaker up to my ear and turned it on....OUCH! DO NOT TRY THIS! I am still half deaf in my right ear because the speaker literally blew my mind. The size and length of this saber does make it feel a little bit like a toy compared to the others, but that all goes out the window when you consider that it is a replica made for YODA, who is tiny. One thing that really bugged me though was the sound that I heard when i first went to put in the batteries. It was a 'rattling' sound like there was a loose screw somewhere. I had heard a similar sound on my Vader ESB but it wasn't nearly as obvious as this. After reading through the forums, I found that most people attribute the sound to the motion sensor in the hilt, which rattles around naturally. Either way, to me it's a major design flaw that needs to be taken seriously. It really does cheapen the experience.

All around, I love this saber. Its a MUST have for anyone with a collection, just because of its unique size and shape, and it looks great with the others. Not to mention, it's YODAS lightsaber! I mean, c'mon, how can you beat Yoda? You can't! Overall, 10 being the best MR FX Lightsaber ever, and 1 being the most god-awful, sorry excuse for an electronic light sword, I would give the YODA a 9. Pick it up now!

« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 05:16:14 PM by MalakaiBlack »
Master Windu hates snakes....

Offline The Apprentice

• Experienced Force User
Re: Yoda FX Review
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 08:34:07 AM »
Excellent review MalakaiBlack, it's nice to see the MR reviews are still being looked at! Great video review too. Compared to a lot of video reviews, your's was quite informative and you did well to keep speaking without many pauses!

In fact, I checked out most of your youtube reviews and it's funny to see your hair getting bigger and bigger with each one! :) No offence meant dude :)

Anyway, great job sir!

Offline MalakaiBlack

• No Force
  • A Jedi, cast out for murderous revenge.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 05:15:58 PM »
Heh thanks alot dude. I just made another vieo review on my vader esb and plan on doing a comparison with the vader anh, which will be converted with color disks.
Master Windu hates snakes....

Offline The Apprentice

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 03:33:57 AM »
Sounds good, let us know when it's up :)

Offline ForceFXFreak

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 09:09:53 AM »
SO COOL

--(UltraFX)

--(UltraFX)

retrousse