fiduciary

Author Topic: HFX sabers, be patient. & happy.  (Read 2207 times)

Offline bulldog

• Experienced Force User
HFX sabers, be patient. & happy.
« on: November 18, 2008, 03:40:53 PM »
Today, I was looking around at different spots here at this very cool site. Some thing That I saw, As we all know the Hasbro sabers are coming out, and a few of the members here fortunatly have baught. One thing that occured to me as I was reading different post. At one time, the lot of us where concerened about " how are we to be able to get sabers?? Hasbro steped in, and took over the line of sabers for US star wars geeks. Now, since this new line is out, alot of our favorate & even diferent character's sabers. It's true that Hasbro isn't MR. It's true that, clearly, these arn't Master Replica's line of sabers. My point being, is this. One would think that all where happy just to get a saber. Those like myself, wondered Now what?? Fear of not being able to get these things except from ebay. People, please, Let's be glad that we are getting these things. some complain about the sound not being as good. Or the lights are'nt bright enough, or it's lighter, and what ever ealse could be WRONG or NOT MR. Let's be happy that we are at least getting them. Hilts change, strands of lights get replaced, or, the what ever new board that's out for one reason or another. At least we're getting Our dearly loved, all time favorate object. THE LIGHTSABER....... Let's be glad that more are comming. If I got out of line, my apalogies. This give us more sabers to build of our own liking...... May The Force Be With You All.    Ps. I waited since 1977 to get one.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 03:46:57 PM by bulldog »
To know peace, one must have peace within.

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
Re: HFX sabers, be patient. & happy.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 04:48:22 PM »
Point taken and your opinion is respected.  I do, however think that the comparisons posted here are just that, comparisons.  Wanting to cite the differences between the two lines is completely natural and certainly happens in other areas (Pepsi or Coke).  In general, most people would rather hasbro put out this product rather that MR letting the line die out.  Actually, there's a lot less squabbling about this than other genres.  Any MOTU fans out there...you know what I'm talking about!!!   Mattel puts out a new line of MOTU called "Classics" and everyone FREAKS out.  But, Since 1989, this is what fans have been asking for.  Darned if you do, darned if you don't.
Ps. I waited since 1977 to get one.
Yeah...me too.   Back around 1982, my older brother made us some lightsabers out of a empty toilet paper rolls and blue (or red) construction paper.  At least Hasbro's version lights up.   ;D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 05:19:02 PM by Master Jedye »

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline bulldog

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 07:05:48 PM »
Guys, don't get wrong, I like a good product well as the next guy.Yes, comparison notes are good to have. Hopefully the makers take note and work to produce that item.  My brother and I used the tubes to bambo. Some nieghbors had thier brooms barrowed. With the tubes you could beat the crap out of each other trying to stand up from laughing so hard and getting dizzy.  ;D Now we're useing real lightsabes and still laughing . By the way, Who did the Darth heavy breathing thing? Or the humming.

Offline Darth_Baleful

• Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 10:53:11 PM »
Guys, don't get wrong, I like a good product well as the next guy.Yes, comparison notes are good to have. Hopefully the makers take note and work to produce that item.  My brother and I used the tubes to bambo. Some nieghbors had thier brooms barrowed. With the tubes you could beat the crap out of each other trying to stand up from laughing so hard and getting dizzy.  ;D Now we're useing real lightsabes and still laughing . By the way, Who did the Darth heavy breathing thing? Or the humming.

ha im totally with you on that one BD  ;)  master of the make-shift sound fx's!!!! Mwahahaha!!!
Praise be the order brought forth from the very edge of chaos.

There is only one return. And it's not of the King, it's of the JEDI

Offline bulldog

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 12:39:23 PM »
 8) ;D Thanks..

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 02:23:52 PM »
*WHOOOOMMMMMM*   *PEW PEW*
Ha, ha!  Fun!!!

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

retrousse