fiduciary

Author Topic: HASBRO FX - PRESS RELEASE!  (Read 17294 times)

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
Re: HASBRO FX - PRESS RELEASE!
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 09:49:44 AM »
the press release states they are releasing a luke ANH and a vader ANH.    the picture is obviously flawed. 
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 10:00:37 AM »
Well it says it's a Luke, but it's def an Anakin. That's even what the file says in the address when you click the picture. So this makes me confused. Are they releasing a Luke or an Anakin that is labeled as a Luke?
Dang your right.... ::) But I'm pretty sure were getting the Luke and the Vader....those were the last two MR was doing so they probably just had the factory continue production and changed the packaging to Hasbro. You can see this happen even be for the change over with the Hasbro style packaging of the Joe Jedi set. Also MR only had two or three production lines (sabers) being produced at any one time.....i.e. to do the Luke ANH they had to drop the Anakin ROTS, as the production line would need to be retooled for each saber.  I really don't think there will be any difference between the MR Vader and Luke and the Hasbro versions.....other then the package...

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 10:31:31 AM »
Sometimes people don't make a distinction between the Anakin ROTS and Luke ANH.  They just see them as one in the same saber - which is technically correct story-wise - but of course inaccurate FX and prop-wise. 

I'v seen some ebay sellers refer to the Anakin FX as a Luke (or vice versa).  So this may be the same scenario.

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 10:33:33 AM »
the press release states they are releasing a luke ANH and a vader ANH.    the picture is obviously flawed. 

You're right, of course. There must be something going awry behind the scenes for them to be delaying these till Fall. But, better for them to delay them than for them to release a buggy product. Anakin AOTC version 1.0/2003 Vader ANH/2004 Luke ESB anyone? ::)

-Kyp

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 10:45:13 AM »
I think the delay is for timing the release to take advantage of the new Star Wars Movie and T.V. show and video game all coming out in the fall....Star Wars is gonna start to heat up toward the end of the summer and when the movie hits and then when the T.V. show starts and the game comes out there will be lots of lightsabers for all those old fans who still need one and plenty for all the new fans who love the new show and or the game and need to get one. This is not on accident and there is no problem it's a planned marketing strategy.......
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 10:49:56 AM by KI-ADI-MUNDI »

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2008, 10:56:41 AM »
It could very well be, but since they haven't given an official reason for the delay, it's all speculation. Either one of us could be right.

-Kyp

10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 11:28:36 AM »
We're all wrong, it's a Yoda with a blue blade! :D

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2008, 11:32:28 AM »

Hmm...that would be interesting...

-Kyp

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2008, 11:49:20 AM »
Dang.. I think your right..... :o
It could very well be, but since they haven't given an official reason for the delay, it's all speculation. Either one of us could be right.
Dang..your right too..... :) ;D

Offline Darth Scythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2008, 12:33:43 PM »

Now Han don't start that. Some Jar-jar might actually believe it! ;)
Vader's Vault OSPP stunt "Majesty"
Do-Clo Yoda Lux III Red
Ultrasabers Luke ROTJ Lux III LedEngin 5 watt Green w/emitter upgrade
MR Luke ANH Stock
General Grievous/LDM Mace Windu ROTS TruPurple with windowed emitter
MHS saber \\\"Civil Elegance/Elegant Civility\\\" W.I.P.

Offline Andy Anonymous

• Master Force User
    • Andy Anonymous
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2008, 07:49:08 PM »
They've changed the description. It now says "the lightsaber of Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader".

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2008, 10:47:14 PM »
It's most likely a STOCK ARCHIVED pic.  Even powersellers on ebay have done it.  Since Technically (canonically) the Anakin Saber is also Luke's saber from ANH... THey probably figured that a stock photo would placate.

I think it's cool that they are starting with the MR "leftovers".  (Guaranteed that's what they are...)  But I was kind of hoping for a re-vamped ESB...

Hopefully Hasbro will NOT do what they did with their kid's toy sabers and start putting different color blades on existing hilts just to make more money...

I know that everyone is excited to see the Force FX return, but I am SERIOUSLY worried that Hasbro will try to do something rash, and start pumping out clones...

Sure, they can put forth that they want to stay true to the line, but I have witnessed first hand some of their bad decisions with other lines that aren't SW related (and some that are).

Let's look at an example...

I also collect Transformers toys... (NOT the Star Was line though).

Back in 2002 a little show called "Armada" came out.  In the Toy line there was a really HORRIBLY designed bot called "Mirage", that very same generic design has carried over to EVERY SINGLE Transformers line to date: Same exact toy with different paint, and a different name slapped on the box.

I hope to high heaven that this does not occur.

Offline Jess Skywalker

• Padawan Learner
  • Jedi Knight turned Sith Lord
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2008, 01:35:24 AM »
I really really want them to make a Sidious. If they did that I would definitely buy it, and maybe some EU ones as well(Im thinking a Mara-Jade or even a Revan).
NOW I AM THE MASTER

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2008, 04:21:43 PM »
I think a Qui-Gon and a Sidious would be wise choices for the NEW stuff they should put out.

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2008, 04:55:39 PM »
Given the size of the company, I really think Hasbro should put out AT LEAST one all-new FX this year.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 04:59:12 PM by Jedimoves »

retrousse